A-league 2020/21 Match Week 7

4 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

Beath just stopped play for Ninkovic???!! Even had Speed asking questions and saying he's done some strange things tonight.

4th official apparently admitted to Biz that giving SFC a free kick for no reason was actually a mistake.

Some dreadful calls.

Speed is wrong (unsurprisingly) that he stopped play 'even though it wasn't a head injury'. The ref can stop play for anything he considers might be a "serious injury" and he was lying motionless on the pitch grabbing his leg. The Nix weren't in an attacking position either, they had it camped in the middle of their defensive half with one of their central defenders.

Just now, BoyFromTheWest said:

Ninkovic wasn't injured. He just got up and kept going.  There was nothing serious in it.

I know but the ref only has to think it might be a serious injury.

Is it just me or can Corica never except when another team scores. Its always "oh it was a deflection" or "oh it was against the run of play" or "looked offside to me.

Average coach who inherited the best team in the A-League, never has any good analysis at all.

They asked him about the performance and he told them about the result, two totally different things. You can still play like sh*t and win a game, vice versa.

6 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Is it just me or can Corica never except when another team scores. Its always "oh it was a deflection" or "oh it was against the run of play" or "looked offside to me.

Average coach who inherited the best team in the A-League, never has any good analysis at all.

They asked him about the performance and he told them about the result, two totally different things. You can still play like sh*t and win a game, vice versa.

Media interviews mean nothing to players & coaches, it's just pointless busywork. They all get the same media training to not say anything too stupid or too intelligent and particularly not to give anything away that might motivate the opposition or make yourself the target of ridicule.

There's a reason why the most memorable press conferences are things like Vidmar Pissant Town, Kevin Keegan's rant after Ferbie mind gamed him, Rafa's Facts conference, the "who we thought they were" NFL one and so on.

Corica's statements at most might help the media build a narrative that SFC are only ever unlucky to concede.

2 minutes ago, mack said:

Media interviews mean nothing to players & coaches, it's just pointless busywork. They all get the same media training to not say anything too stupid or too intelligent and particularly not to give anything away that might. At most it might help the media build a narrative that SFC are only ever unlucky to concede.

Seems to work as well, considering how much some of the commentators and media just take it on board and continue to feed their bias. 

Still stand by the fact that Corica is an average coach.

I've seen a fair few SFC fans that don't like him as they feel he is tactically inept, did whatever the previous coach did and makes the wrong subs/isn't willing to change formation or squad when in bad form.

After some of his antics on the sideline I could never get behind him, despite the fact he is a Smurf, his carry on is just silly.

14 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Corica worked under Arnie.....that explains his demeanour

Always felt he was also worthy of a blue banner commemoration?  No guys, serious no, just a joke.... :ninja:

:arniesalt:

Edited by alexd
8 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

The A-League facebook page has named Baumjohann as the player of the match. LOL

Yeah I saw something on insta/twitter where he has 1 assist and 46 passes. I'm sure not all of those 46 passes reached their target :xnod:

7 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Could be wrong but at one point it looked like the Bulls had 6/7 at the back.

They are boring to watch, have they had a shot yet?