Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne Victory 10/2/2021 7:05PM

Just now, Paul01 said:

Dorrans on 4 yellows 

Does Carlo risk him playing Melb Victory and miss the Heartle$$ game on Saturday if he gets a yellow? 

Why not? He’s going to get a yellow eventually if we rest him now then he effectively misses two games rather than one. Both games are worth three points 

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Why not? He’s going to get a yellow eventually if we rest him now then he effectively misses two games rather than one. Both games are worth three points 

I think we could win the Vuck game with O'Doherty and Baccus with a Mutch cameo

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I think we could win the Vuck game with O'Doherty and Baccus with a Mutch cameo

Why risk it? Play the team that gives us best chance of three points he might not get a yellow anyway and can play both games. If we rest him then he is definitely only playing one game 

Edited by StringerBellend

Well assuming Mourdakutis , Muller and McGowan are not playing I would put Ibini as the 60 minute impact player and Bruce Kamau as a starter , I would bench Aquilina and give Georgievski a start for 60 minutes then bring Aquilina on.  there is not much we can do about Ziegler.

My guess.

Lineup: Margush, , Ziegler, Natta, Georgievski, Gordon, Russell, Dorrans, Baccus, Troisi, , Kamau, Cox

Subs: O'Doherty, Yeboah, Cancar, Auglah, James,  Aquilina,  Ibini

I'd say Georgievski's a dead cert to start. He can play all game for me if he's at 100%. Russell might need a break after a busy game last week so Aquilina may come on for him at some point. I'd rather start Ibini for his physical presence then let Kamau run at a tiring defence. We may even see Mutch off the bench but I guess it's a long shot.

As the above have said, this is a must win. As well  as we have been playing at times, there comes a time you  must convert those to wins. If we don't win on Wednesday it becomes  Games  Played 7   Wins 2   Draw 4   Lose 1  (If we draw) ,    7 - 2 - 3 - 2  (if we loose).  So the longer it goes on Games played for wins becomes less than 50% then more than likely you are not finishing top 4. What also needs to turn around is our win percentage against Victory which is 26%.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Well assuming Mourdakutis , Muller and McGowan are not playing I would put Ibini as the 60 minute impact player and Bruce Kamau as a starter , I would bench Aquilina and give Georgievski a start for 60 minutes then bring Aquilina on.  there is not much we can do about Ziegler.

My guess.

Lineup: Margush, , Ziegler, Natta, Georgievski, Gordon, Russell, Dorrans, Baccus, Troisi, , Kamau, Cox

Subs: O'Doherty, Yeboah, Cancar, Auglah, James,  Aquilina,  Ibini

I think Auglah, Cancar or Aquilina will be omitted to make room for Mutch. 

Edited by MathyouWSW
1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

I think Auglah, Cancar or Aquilina will be omitted to make room for Mutch. 

I’d love to see it but hasn’t he amassed a whooping 8 games in 2-3 seasons? Though surely 15 minutes off the bench would be good for his confidence too.

To victory, they have some decent players and have looked dangerous in ten minutes spells (doesn’t that sound familiar) but we should be blowing them off the park. We can’t be continuing to draw these games and expect to be competitive come end of the regular season. We really need to start putting **** teams to the sword

If Troisi can play for 70 minutes like he did in the last 10 against the Bulls, we will start banging goals. It’s like the second he got the arm band he was imbued with some ****s to give. I said this to another poster the other night, I suspect he needs to feel like the big dog to get the best out of him

Edited by Upthehill
48 minutes ago, mack said:

Yeboah hasn't put in a good performance in a competitive game for 7 months. Easy choice to swap him out for Mutch.

My U15s striker could replace him at this point. 5 goals in a game against the U17s. Didn’t fall over the ball once, there was even a slight breeze!

In all seriousness, commentators keeps talking about him being out of confidence. It’s no longer our job to help him get it back. His incompetence has costs us points. Directly. Two of our draws he could have scored winners. Bugger him. 

Loan him to an NPL club and let him get his **** together. Get Auglah up there. We have Tommy one small stint and it turns out he’s got serious potential. Auglah might be a similar case

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Yeah, that as well...Maybe he should have a week off.

The problem is that giving him a week off could truly destroy his confidence atm, if he has any that is.

It's a tough call. Sadly I think, we need to cut him, because he has offered absolutely nowt on the field this season and I'd rather someone come on in the 80th minute that doesn't continually trip over his own boot laces. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic