Gong Show Rings Up A Draw

2 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Slater on fox was going on about the Mutch tackle on Davila in the box late in the game saying it was a dangerous tackle potentially  could have been a penalty.

I think Slater is on drugs,  the tackle by Mutch is another example of his abilities, he took the ball off Davila’s feet with touching him and Davila then fell over him. 

The thing you have to keep in mind with Slater is that he is a total nob 

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Miserable..check - ONLY WI' SASSENACHS, SICH AS THEY P....S FE' MIDDLESBROUGH! 

A distrust of any food with flavour..check - FLAVOUR IS JIST A MATTER A OPINION - MA OPINION!

Tight with money..check - I'D SUE YE FIR DEFAMATION BUT I'D RATHER HOLD ON TAE MA MONEY!

Dubious sense of humour..check - SEE ABOVE YE W....R!

Born in Scotland..check - ONE OOT A FIVE -   TYPICAL SASSENACH!

Ed is the real deal... - A' RIGHT! 2 OOT A SIX, BETTER THAN THE AVERAGE SASSENACH!

54 minutes ago, wendybr said:

PS Archie is heaps better than he used to be!

Ahm, that is one thing I cannot agree with. 

Archie is absolutely pathetic and I have no idea why he has held a job at Fox for so long. Cheap wages maybe?

Seriously offers nothing of intelligence, both tactically or in general discussion. He has no idea of team squads on match days. It is clear he does very little research before matches he works on. 

Is he a good bloke? Yeh maybe. He's had some fun with us and the RBB in the past at some Melbourne and Sydney Derby's.

Is he a good co-commentator? Nope. He's truly rubbish.

4 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Archie is absolutely pathetic and I have no idea why he has held a job at Fox for so long. Cheap wages maybe?

Seriously offers nothing of intelligence, both tactically or in general discussion. He has no idea of team squads on match days. It is clear he does very little research before matches he works on. 

Is he a good bloke? Yeh maybe. He's had some fun with us and the RBB in the past at some Melbourne and Sydney Derby's.

I agree he was like that initially...just goofed around, but also seemed a bit overwhelmed to be in a serious role.

But listening to him in recent matches, he's stepped up I think, and does have reasonable offerings to make.

He's growing into the commentary job, and I think it's great to see him developing in a more serious media role, having had a decent A League career.

Good for diversity, and as a role model too, IMO.

15 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Archie is our equivalent of Chris Kamara :xnod:

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

In some respects commentators are a bit like referees.....if you don't notice them then they are doing a good job.

I don't watch EPL any longer, but snippets I hear remind me that the commentator simply calls the play, and is very  unobtrusive.

The quality of the play is so entertaining, that's all you need.

The burbling with A League commentary is part of the overall experience, to me,  in games I generally do find entertaining, but which aren't of the breathtaking level as the other.

It helps those less educated than many of you guys are to gain more insight into what they are watching, even when the commentators disagree with each other.

Dunno....but... I like it.

:pardon: