Jump to content

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Adelaide United 27/02/2021 5:05PM


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Dorrans and Troisi are in. Mourdoukoutas still not available, no mention of Ali Auglah and Anthony Lesiotis:

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 2.Ziggy GORDON, 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 7.Bruce KAMAU, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Bernie IBINI, 10.Simon COX, 11.Kwame YEOAH, 12.Mitchell DUKE, 13.Tate RUSSELL, 14.James TROISI, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 18.Graham DORRANS, 19.Jordon MUTCH, 27.Nicolai MULLER, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 30.Daniel MARGUSH (GK), 33.Mark NATTA, 39.Thomas AQUILINA, 40.Noah JAMES (GK)

Ins: 14.James TROISI (promoted), 18.Graham DORRANS (returns from suspension)
Outs: N/A
Unavailable: 6.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS (ankle), 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (long term injury)


Meanwhile, Adelaide United have added Craig Goodwin, Cavallo and Al Hassan Toure. Stain, Kitto, Konstandopoulos and Jakobsen are out with injuries

Adelaide United squad: 1.James DELIANOV (gk), 2.Michael MARRONE, 3.George TIMOTHEOU, 6.Louis D’ARRIGO, 8.Stefan MAUK (c), 9.Tomi JURIC, 11.Craig GOODWIN, 15.Noah SMITH, 17.Mohamed TOURE, 18.Joe CALETTI, 19.Yaya DUKULY, 21.Javi LÓPEZ, 23.Jordan ELSEY, 24.Pacifique NIYONGABIRE, 26.Ben HALLORAN, 27.Josh CAVALLO, 29.Kusini YENGI, 34.Yared ABETEW, 35.Al Hassan TOURE, 46.Joe GAUCI (gk)
**2-4 to be omitted**
 
Ins: 11.Craig GOODWIN (promoted), 27.Josh CAVALLO (promoted), 35.Al Hassan TOURE (promoted) 
Outs: 37.Jonny YULL (not selected)
Unavailable: 4.Ryan STRAIN (groin), 7.Ryan KITTO (knee), 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS (knee), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (calf)

Where is Ziegler ?

Link to post
On 25/02/2021 at 2:44 PM, StringerBellend said:

At training I’ll be the coach wearing WSW merch easy to spot 

Is he in under 6s? 

I told Wanderers that East Sydney had been emailing the parents and I needed some help to ensure that my girls team don’t go to the dark side

hopefully being match mascots will hook some of the kids in 

He'll be in U7's as he's 6 in March. I'll keep an eye out and say hi. Now watch me walk up to the wrong coach and call them a bellend. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

He'll be in U7's as he's 6 in March. I'll keep an eye out and say hi. Now watch me walk up to the wrong coach and call them a bellend. 

Cool I’ll see you at Mackay Park

i can recommend the Bacon and Egg Rolls

Link to post
5 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Cool I’ll see you at Mackay Park

i can recommend the Bacon and Egg Rolls

 

Hey coach bellend

Gough whitlam oval has the better fryup in my opinion. No coffee though.. 

Which kid is going to drop his shorts on live TV first tonight? 

Link to post
On 26/02/2021 at 12:06 PM, pseudonym said:

from club email:

"Patrons are strongly encouraged to wear face masks when entering the stadium and moving around the venue, including whilst buying food and beverages and using the bathroom facilities"

Thanks. Ticketek circulating this message as well. I guess this recommendation will stand for the whole season now, being the minimum level of restriction given we've had 41 days without a locally acquired case.

Link to post
On 24/02/2021 at 8:59 PM, WHACKO said:

MUST WIN GAME. Also a must, start playing from the first minute and not sometime in the second half. 

Every week someone says it's a must win game. We're a third of the way through the season. If we lose we are 5 behind the leaders. In season 1 we were 10 behind the Mariners with 12 games to go!

Would it put us in a very advantageous position if we win? Yeah. But there's plenty of time left in this season.

Link to post
22 hours ago, apvz said:

Our squad has so much depth i don't even know who would get omitted for matchday. I'm thinking probably Georgievski for one but i have no idea who the other would be. Plus theres no Ziegler or Tass, this is unreal

If I recall correctly, Robbo mentioned in the last post match conference that unfortunately "Georgie" missed out on getting a run today. I wouldn't be surprised if Georgievski gets some game time this afternoon.

Link to post
13 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Every week someone says it's a must win game. We're a third of the way through the season. If we lose we are 5 behind the leaders. In season 1 we were 10 behind the Mariners with 12 games to go!

Would it put us in a very advantageous position if we win? Yeah. But there's plenty of time left in this season.

How many times will 'consistency' be mentioned before the day is out...I have kicked things off :D

Edited by Smoggy
Link to post

Anyway, on to today's game.

It'll be interesting to see today's starting lineup. We have almost everyone available (Janjetovic doesn't count).

I can see Mutch starting from the bench again (due to lack of game time and possible match fitness), with Dorrans starting ahead of O'Doherty. The front 4 - 5 will be interesting, but I think CR will go for as much fire power as possible. Duke and Cox to start? Muller and Troisi, and one of Ibini, Yeboah or Kamau as well. Any of these who don't start will provide impetus as 60 - 70 min replacements. 

I think CR is getting a little frustrated with draws and losing 2 points. If ever there is a team there for the taking, it's Adelaide today, although I thought that against Wellington last week.

I agree with btron that we have plenty of time left this season, but we need to start building consistency and playing for more than 60 mins a game.

I'll go conservative and predict a repeat of Season 1 against the same opponent. A 6-1 home win. :)

Anyway, leaving in an hour so I can have a feed before the game. Probably a kebab at Istanbul in Parramatta. :)

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Anyway, on to today's game.

It'll be interesting to see today's starting lineup. We have almost everyone available (Janjetovic doesn't count).

I can see Mutch starting from the bench again (due to lack of game time and possible match fitness), with Dorrans starting ahead of O'Doherty. The front 4 - 5 will be interesting, but I think CR will go for as much fire power as possible. Duke and Cox to start? Muller and Troisi, and one of Ibini, Yeboah or Kamau as well. Any of these who don't start will provide impetus as 60 - 70 min replacements. 

I think CR is getting a little frustrated with draws and losing 2 points. If ever there is a team there for the taking, it's Adelaide today, although I thought that against Wellington last week.

I agree with btron that we have plenty of time left this season, but we need to start building consistency and playing for more than 60 mins a game.

I'll go conservative and predict a repeat of Season 1 against the same opponent. A 6-1 home win. :)

Anyway, leaving in an hour so I can have a feed before the game. Probably a kebab at Istanbul in Parramatta. :)

I'D like to see a starting front 3 of Kamau, Cox and Troisi. 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I'D like to see a starting front 3 of Kamau, Cox and Troisi. 

We are in the enviable position that whatever front third we start with, it has the potential to be potent. 

I don't think we've ever had a squad with so much depth tbh. A great mix of imports, experienced A Leaguers and juniors.

It's time we start seeing the results from the strength of this squad imo.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Chaos said:

 

Hey coach bellend

Gough whitlam oval has the better fryup in my opinion. No coffee though.. 

Which kid is going to drop his shorts on live TV first tonight? 

Does that happen often?? :lol:

PS Welcome to the forums, Chaos!

 

Link to post
39 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

We are in the enviable position that whatever front third we start with, it has the potential to be potent. 

I don't think we've ever had a squad with so much depth tbh. A great mix of imports, experienced A Leaguers and juniors.

It's time we start seeing the results from the strength of this squad imo.

They just need end product i.e. ball in the onion bag

Link to post
2 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Every week someone says it's a must win game. We're a third of the way through the season. If we lose we are 5 behind the leaders. In season 1 we were 10 behind the Mariners with 12 games to go!

Would it put us in a very advantageous position if we win? Yeah. But there's plenty of time left in this season.

The table is very misleading given there’s so many games in hand floating about. As it currently stands prior to this afternoon, we are:

- 1 point above Perth who have 2 games in hand

- 2 points above the smurfs who have 1 game in hand

- 4 points above city who have 1 game in hand

- 5 points above WU who have 2 games in hand

If everyone was currently on the same numbers of games I reckon we’d be lucky to be in the top 6.

Link to post

Juric is out.

Radelaide:

Delianov, Lopez, Elsey, Timotheu, Smith, Caletti, Darrigo, Mauk, Halloran, Yengi, Goodwin

Subs: Toure, Niyongabire, Cavallo, Abetew, Gauci

WSW:
Margush, Wilmering, Natta, McGowan, Gordon, Russell, Dorrans, Baccus, Muller, Yeboah, Cox

Subs: Kamau, Ibini, Duke, Troisi, Mutch, Aquilina, James

Link to post
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...