Ladder - Points Per Game

I think the split comp for the first few rounds made Brisbane look good. Perth didn't start until late, Victory are trash and all three of Adelaide, City and Western United had slow starts to the season. Brisbane got some points in the bank (they played Victory twice in their first five games) but as soon as teams started finding form and they had to play the NSW based teams they've gone 6 without a win.

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Depends on whether the "City Choke" happens late season or in the finals. I'd agree that 5th or maybe 4th is about right for us as I can't see Adelaide sustaining their effort.

City were dog **** up until a month ago, they’re just in a bit of a hot streak currently. The city choke appears to be an ongoing thing rather than one defined event at a particular point of the season

• 2 weeks later...

Updated table ladies and gents. 

8613003_pointspergame3.jpg.d9db0097abfcaed4a595f28edca5d769.jpg

Things are stabilising as games played equalises.

Other than Brisbane and Perth swapping with Easts and WUN, not much has changed at all.

Most notable, of course, is we have stayed completely stationary as compared to 4 matches ago. As teams catch up on matches played, we're getting closer to that 7th place that this ladder suggests we're deserving of. 

• 2 weeks later...

My vague calculations will be Roar will jump 2 points ahead of us on 27 after 18, WU right now would be equal with us but if they beat the Mariners today they'll also jump up to 27. If there's a winner in Perth vs WP they'll be within a couple points.

9 hours ago, hughsey said:

Currently a sitting in 8th position on the actual ladder. Brisbane in 9th have 4 games in hand while Perth in 10th have 3. We’re just lucky that Victory and Newcastle most likely cant catch us. I think 8-10th position is locked in for us at this point.

Next two games are massive but we will meekly get 1 point out of them 

Brave derby 1-1 draw coming with late equaliser and a some VAR controversy to mask that we played crap until the 63rd minute 

Then we roll over and get done 2-0 against western United 

15 minutes ago, jockman said:

Shaping up to be the third best team in Sydney.  Its bad enough finishing lower than the Smurfs every season, but got used to it by now. But to finish lower than those  cowbell ringing bullsh@tters from Campbelltown in their first season, its an absolute disgrace and embarrassment.  

Finishing below CCM, ESFC and the Cows would signify a bad season for sure lol

Wouldnt have picked that as a possibility at the start of the season.

Edited by Smoggy

In the current diabolical form we are in and everyone else who has a game(s) in hand I think its done we are not making the 6 this season. The last 3 games were crucial and we got 1/9 points. The boys would need to win the next 3 games straight to stay alive.

That is the derby, Fraudsters and Perth. 

Edited by Sithslayer1991
2 hours ago, JustWandering said:

From mattys progress tables, 6th place has ranged from 1.44 to 1.54 points per game. This equates to 37 to 40 points by the end of round 26. We currently sit on 28 points, so it looks like we'll need at least 9 more points for any chance to qualify for the finals. 12 more points would be much safer.

12/18 looks doable.

But then the fixtures remaining are Western United, Perth, Smurfs, Nix, Roar and Adelaide. Its all teams that are in the mix. Roar, Western and Nix are all must wins. Lose any of them and the Maths just get more difficult. Perth, Smurfs and Adelaide are must not lose games.

Update?

Run home based on current table

Heartle$$
V Adelaide
V Phoenix
V Sea-Poachers
V Brisbane (WCQ Qualifiers)
V Newcastle (WCQ Qualifiers)
V Melb Victory (WCQ Qualifiers)

Sea-Poachers
V Newcastle
V Heartle$$
V Bullsh1tters
V Newcastle
V Fraudsters

Smurfs
V Fraudsters
V Melb Victory
V Wanderers
V Adelaide
V Brisbane

Adelaide
V Heartle$$
V Brisbane
V Perth
V Melb Victory
V Smurfs
V Wanderers

Bullsh1tters
V Melb Victory
V Perth
V Sea-Poachers 
V Fraudsters
V Phoenix

Brisbane
V Adelaide
V Newcastle
V Heartle$$
V Wanderers
V Perth
V Smurfs

Wanderers
V Perth
V Smurfs (@SCG)
V Phoenix
V Brisbane
V Adelaide

Fraudsters
V Smurfs
V Phoenix
V Melb Victory
V Bullsh1tters
V Sea-Poachers

Phoenix
V Heartle$$
V Fraudsters
V Wanderers
V Perth
V Bullsh1tters

Perth
V Wanderers
V Adelaide
V Bullsh1tters
V Phoenix
V Brisbane
V Newcastle

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

^^^^^^

Cows and the Mighty Mariners have the best run home...

Purr & Piss Ants arguably the hardest...

Poachers FC, given the Purr & Piss Ants home run are in with a chance...

Dynamo Woy Woy have the easiest run in 2 games against Jets and one against WU who look spent. Those three should get the Matt Simon All Star XI in to the finals 

But it looks likes the limitations of the squad are starting to show, they need a win soon 

Shellveyville should’ win the next 2 so I think they will get in 

for mine

Rudan’s Homeless XI are gone 

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Dynamo Woy Woy have the easiest run in 2 games against Jets

I would suggest the Sea-Poachers next game against the Jets will be pretty hard after playing 90+ on a soggy pitch

6 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Update?

Run home based on current table

Heartle$$
V Adelaide
V Phoenix
V Sea-Poachers
V Brisbane (WCQ Qualifiers)
V Newcastle (WCQ Qualifiers)
V Melb Victory (WCQ Qualifiers)

Sea-Poachers
V Newcastle
V Heartle$$
V Bullsh1tters
V Newcastle
V Fraudsters

Smurfs
V Fraudsters
V Melb Victory
V Wanderers
V Adelaide
V Brisbane

Adelaide
V Heartle$$
V Brisbane
V Perth
V Melb Victory
V Smurfs
V Wanderers

Bullsh1tters
V Melb Victory
V Perth
V Sea-Poachers 
V Fraudsters
V Phoenix

Brisbane
V Adelaide
V Newcastle
V Heartle$$
V Wanderers
V Perth
V Smurfs

Wanderers
V Perth
V Smurfs (@SCG)
V Phoenix
V Brisbane
V Adelaide

Fraudsters
V Smurfs
V Phoenix
V Melb Victory
V Bullsh1tters
V Sea-Poachers

Phoenix
V Heartle$$
V Fraudsters
V Wanderers
V Perth
V Bullsh1tters
V Perth

Perth
V Wanderers
V Adelaide
V Bullsh1tters
V Phoenix
V Brisbane
V Newcastle

Thanks for posting that. Might need a small adjustment. Nix Play Perth twice but Perth only play Nix once?

27 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Thanks for posting that. Might need a small adjustment. Nix Play Perth twice but Perth only play Nix once?

There are bunch of teams who played us twice but we only turned up once 

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

I would suggest the Sea-Poachers next game against the Jets will be pretty hard after playing 90+ on a soggy pitch

Yep they look shattered coming off, have a small squad and their game is based on chasing everything. I think they are going to struggle now, they have done amazing but it’s not sustainable