Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory 19/03/2021 7:05PM

Can I ask a question of any goalkeepers here. If you have 4 go in the back of the net and three are ruled out as tight offsides, what does it do to your mindset. Meaning, physiologically does it still impact you like you let 4 goals in? 

2 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Can I ask a question of any goalkeepers here. If you have 4 go in the back of the net and three are ruled out as tight offsides, what does it do to your mindset. Meaning, physiologically does it still impact you like you let 4 goals in? 

We know what Reddy is like, if you tell him to play it his way he'll run 40 yards out of the box and cause some Vedran level failures. Presumably he's been told to stay in the box and leave it up to the defenders.

Quick observation - this is the first game since rd 2 I can remember where teams havent packed 11 men behind the ball. Teams playing a high line are going to get absolutely cooked by Duke and Ibini. Cox wasnt the right man for the long ball. If we can learn to break down compact defences then teams will need to play a touch higher on us. We might not get 7-8 clear chances a half, but 2-3 a half will win us games.

Tonight we've broken up the defensive structure really well by moving the up the middle FAST then use the width in the final third. That is how you play a 3/5 ATB

The Duke off side in the 2nd picture above shows that the rules need to be changed.

Yes, he was offside at that point.  But he was put onside later by a defender, and his initial offside did not impede or impose upon any of the ongoing play. Therefore, how can it be considered to have any affect on the goal that was scored, which incidentally was an own goal anyway.

This is where football is ******* stupid and pisses me off. 

10 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

GK here. Honestly I'm going to be a cocky mother fu/cker to the oppo strikers. Give them plenty of **** when they get close to me on corners and set pieces. @Wanderingbeersclub Can probably attest to the cun/tiness

That can backfire though, if they score later you're going to cop it.

At half time you pick out the organiser in the backline and make it his job to close that **** down. Either be MORE aggressive on the offside trap or yell at them till they have a heart attack to cover the high line.

EDIT - to answer your question sorry, not it doesnt impact me. It's never my fault. Its always your fault. If I ever doubt that I need to hand back my membership card... You're just lucky I was there to yell at the ref to call the offside

Edited by Upthehill
7 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

The Duke off side in the 2nd picture above shows that the rules need to be changed.

Yes, he was offside at that point.  But he was put onside later by a defender, and his initial offside did not impede or impose upon any of the ongoing play. Therefore, how can it be considered to have any affect on the goal that was scored, which incidentally was an own goal anyway.

This is where football is ******* stupid and pisses me off. 

Duke isn't the one being adjudged as offside though, iirc it's Wilmering

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic