A-league 2020/21 Match Week 15

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

Don't know...but it doesn't sound quite like him, to me.

I could be wrong....

Maybe he's got a cold, but just sounds different to me.

Sounded like Simon Hill to me.

Robin Chipperfield.....worked for many years at Radio Nottingham on Forest games more as a presenter than commentator before emigrating last year with no job to go to. He's commentated for the ABC on cricket and W-League. Decent bloke and does a good job.

Just now, sonar said:

Sounded like Simon Hill to me.

It's weird!

The accent and intonation are exactly like Hill, but the voice sounds just a little different.

They keep putting up Andy Harper's image.

Maybe Hill is doing it remotely?

1 minute ago, MartinTyler said:

Robin Chipperfield.....worked for many years at Radio Nottingham on Forest games more as a presenter than commentator before emigrating last year with no job to go to. He's commentated for the ABC on cricket and W-League. Decent bloke and does a good job.

So so similar...just a tiny bit different.

8 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Thanks for that....I only caught the last 15 min.......siamese voices.....lol

VAR is trash. Smurf defender went in two footed studs up and got no ball. On field ref waved it away and after a token 10 second review VAR upheld the decision.

Commentator says Reddy deserves a clean sheet. 10 second later he lets in a shot straight at him.

No conspiracy, just the ref missing Armiento for Perth being cut down for what should have been a straight red for denying a goalscoring opportunity, only for him to get booked for diving and VAR not bothering to check it.

5 minutes ago, mack said:

No conspiracy, just the ref missing Armiento for Perth being cut down for what should have been a straight red for denying a goalscoring opportunity, only for him to get booked for diving and VAR not bothering to check it.

As long as decision favour Sydney then the ref is OK.

The Fox team are really sticking to their story that Baumjohann is amazing. They keep showing his stats on the screen and he’s had 3 shots on target all season. That’s poor for a local player but for a visa attacker...

Anyone just see the geeky kid in the glasses giving the finger, his mum must be so proud, he should be careful, he'll get suspended from school

Too dangerous to continue so everyone has to leave the field immediately, right after we do all the interviews in the middle of the pitch.

I was at the game tonight.

Perth were good in the first half, absolutely terrible in the 2nd.

Having said that, Armiento was definitely taken out by Joel King from what I observed right behind the goal. I was dumbfounded when I saw Armiento was the one getting the card, not King. Should have been a straight red. 

Apparently there was also a two foot studs up challenge? I must have missed it. 

I observed in the first half that Baumjohann got fouled kept playing play on, advantage over, Perth player then wins the ball cleanly then got carded for it from memory. Terrible decision.

From inside the stadium, looked like absolutely nothing went to VAR. Ref was atrocious. Was actually pretty cool when the lights went off, although didnt make sense that they couldn’t play the rest of the game but allow players to shake hands and interview for 5-10 minutes after FT.

Also, trying to be as unbiased as possible, the Cove have nothing on the RBB even still, they aren’t anything special at all, the chants are all “Sydney this” and “Sydney that”. For a team with so much success their active support and attendances are pretty crap.

11 minutes ago, mack said:

Garcia had a fair crack at the refs in the press conference.

https://www.a-league.com.au/match/sydney-fc-v-perth-glory-a-league-07-04-2021/2176836

I miss Babbel doing it 

Nobody else has managed to have a go at the refs while wearing a salmon coloured Jacket and a cloth cap 

Sliding down the table

We are 6th now ..

fraudsters and roar 3 games in hand.

Currently according to the ladder...third best team in Sydney.

Gotta get some decent wins next few rounds.

Season slipping away..

11 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I was at the game tonight.

Perth were good in the first half, absolutely terrible in the 2nd.

Having said that, Armiento was definitely taken out by Joel King from what I observed right behind the goal. I was dumbfounded when I saw Armiento was the one getting the card, not King. Should have been a straight red. 

Apparently there was also a two foot studs up challenge? I must have missed it. 

I observed in the first half that Baumjohann got fouled kept playing play on, advantage over, Perth player then wins the ball cleanly then got carded for it from memory. Terrible decision.

From inside the stadium, looked like absolutely nothing went to VAR. Ref was atrocious. Was actually pretty cool when the lights went off, although didnt make sense that they couldn’t play the rest of the game but allow players to shake hands and interview for 5-10 minutes after FT.

Also, trying to be as unbiased as possible, the Cove have nothing on the RBB even still, they aren’t anything special at all, the chants are all “Sydney this” and “Sydney that”. For a team with so much success their active support and attendances are pretty crap.

Here it is.

9 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

WOW that is 100% pen. More Pen than the one we had VAR rule against us against Mariners. No wander Garcia is livid.

Yep. Mariners won the lottery and we got the better luck next time coupon.

31 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I thought Terry McFlynn worked for SFC? I bet he is at the Glory now isn't he lol.

Yeah I just looked it up and it appears he worked for SFC up to the grand final against Perth. His wife is from Perth so he moved there and works in the Glory academy.

You should listen to Garcia's post game interview. He did not mince his words....I bet there is a big fine coming his way.

14 minutes ago, tardotz said:

You should listen to Garcia's post game interview. He did not mince his words....I bet there is a big fine coming his way.

He shouldn't be fined for being right.

The refs and the A-League have a lot to answer for. The inconsistencies in decisions is astounding.

CR was right the other night. So was Garcia last night.