Brisbane Roar vs Western Sydney Wanderers 3/04/2021 7:10PM

Brisbane were on fire for the first several rounds and then fell off a cliff. My thoughts are same as the city game - we will either flog them or get flogged

Well after last week's game lets see the response of the team. #mentality with Mariners straight after we need something to get back up. So long as Scott McDonald is still out for the Roar we should put on a good show and be able to get points back

I hope this game is like a repeat of the Perth game. 

Brisbane play 5-2-3 and if the likes of Hingert and Brown move off their position to make them only have a back 3, the team should win.

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 2.Ziggy GORDON, 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 6.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 7.Bruce KAMAU, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Bernie IBINI, 10.Simon COX, 11.Kwame YEBOAH, 12.Mitchell DUKE, 13.Tate RUSSELL, 14.James TROISI, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 18.Graham DORRANS, 19.Jordon MUTCH, 27.Nicolai MULLER, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 30.Daniel MARGUSH (GK), 33.Mark NATTA, 39.Thomas AQUILINA, 40.Noah JAMES (GK)

Brisbane Roar FC squad: 1.Macklin FREKE (gk), 2. Scott NEVILLE, 3.Corey BROWN, 5.Tom ALDRED (c), 9.Masato KUDO, 10.Riku DANZAKI, 11.Joe CHAMPNESS, 15.Jesse DALEY, 16.Joshua BRINDELL-SOUTH, 17.Golgol MEBRAHTU, 19.Jack HINGERT, 21.Jamie YOUNG (gk), 23.Dylan WENZEL-HALLS, 25.Rahmat AKBARI, 26.Jay O’SHEA, 27.Kai TREWIN, 29.Jordan COURTNEY-PERKINS, 34.Alex PARSONS, 37.Cyrus DEHMIE, 77.Scott MCDONALD **2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 29.Jordan COURTNEY-PERKINS (promoted), 34.Alex PARSONS (promoted), 77.Scott MCDONALD (return from injury)

Outs: 6.Macaulay GILLESPHEY (suspended – 1 week)

Gillesphey goes alright, so they'll be missing him and it's good for us.

12 minutes ago, bombagol said:

Gillesphey goes alright, so they'll be missing him and it's good for us.

Replaced by Scott Neville most likely

On 01/04/2021 at 3:56 PM, Sithslayer1991 said:

Well after last week's game lets see the response of the team. #mentality with Mariners straight after we need something to get back up. So long as Scott McDonald is still out for the Roar we should put on a good show and be able to get points back

Looks like Scott McDonald will be in the team.

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

So, I assume that Tass starts?

Tass will most likely start. I have a feeling he was going to start anyway and Natta was on the bench. However, he probably didn't pass the fitness test this morning so they have Georgievski come in as a late change.

4 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Tass will most likely start. I have a feeling he was going to start anyway and Natta was on the bench. However, he probably didn't pass the fitness test this morning so they have Georgievski come in as a late change.

Yeh, that's what I suspected.

Lineup: Margush, Wilmering, Tass, McGowan, Gordon, Aquilina, Kamau, Baccus, Dorrans, Yeboah, Duke

Subs: Georgievski, O'Doherty, Ibini, Cox, Troisi, Muller, James

WSW twitter put it up as a 4-2-3-1. Not sure about that though with Kamau and Aquilina in the lineup, it might be a 5 at the back with Duke perhaps in the attacking middle with Kamau and Yeboah up front.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic