Jump to content

Adelaide United vs Western Sydney Wanderers 10/04/2021 6:40PM


Recommended Posts

Duke up front is completely wasted. He's strength is his capacity to chase, harass, achieve turnovers, break away by running with or onto the ball. His involvement as a striker nullifies all of that and we desperately need that in our midfield where we've been dominated. Troisi and Baccus are unable to dominate or control the midfield. 

Link to post

They are down to 10
Vaart is going off his nut, give him a yellow.
If the squad doesn't take advantage and win this...they aren't a top 4 squad.

Edited by MathyouWSW
Link to post
Just now, WHACKO said:

If we can't score against 10 we as well give up. Will Robbo change anything I wonder.

I would......**** off Zeigler and get tass out there......O'Doherty in stead of Troisi.as well.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, mack said:

Red for D'arrigio. Clear second yellow for taking out Duke on a counter. Really dumb foul to give was always going to get a card.

Yea Veart arguing that was ridiculous. That was absolutely a second bus ticket

Link to post
3 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

If we can't score against 10 we as well give up. Will Robbo change anything I wonder.

It's 50/50 now, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Link to post
1 minute ago, sonar said:

I would......**** off Zeigler and get tass out there......O'Doherty in stead of Troisi.as well.

Yep agreed

Link to post
1 minute ago, sonar said:

I would......**** off Zeigler and get tass out there......O'Doherty in stead of Troisi.as well.

Agree with Zeigler,  surprised he started.  Get Tass on.  O Doherty for Baccus. 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, sonar said:

I would......**** off Zeigler and get tass out there......O'Doherty in stead of Troisi.as well.

Can’t argue with that, stop making sense

Link to post

Adelaide set up with a press to exploit Ziegler’s inability to play football. The red changes things but this is where Carl earns his money. What we were doing wasn’t working at all and we’re losing so the onus is on him to change things. Playing a back 5 against what will be a lone striker in Juric should be the first thing to go.

Also Vaert needs to settle down. The first yellow was completely reckless and nowhere near the ball, easy yellow. The second was a trip to stop a counter, a yellow every time. Also his argument that it was the wrong player because Elsey ran into a Duke who was already falling from the original foul is a bit desperate.

Link to post

Love Brucie but I still think impact sub is his best position, just wish he was coming on now, weirdly 🥴

Link to post
1 minute ago, WSWJACK said:

Love Brucie but I still think impact sub is his best position, just wish he was coming on now, weirdly 🥴

Don't know his mindset mate. He might be a reset type player? 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Davo said:

Adelaide set up with a press to exploit Ziegler’s inability to play football. The red changes things but this is where Carl earns his money. What we were doing wasn’t working at all and we’re losing so the onus is on him to change things. Playing a back 5 against what will be a lone striker in Juric should be the first thing to go.

Also Vaert needs to settle down. The first yellow was completely reckless and nowhere near the ball, easy yellow. The second was a trip to stop a counter, a yellow every time. Also his argument that it was the wrong player because Elsey ran into a Duke who was already falling from the original foul is a bit desperate.

To be fair, from his line of sight, he would've seen the "foul" that was Elsey running into Duke and didn't see the small clip that caused Duke to lose balance initially

Link to post

Kamaus been one of our better players. Moves into space without the ball (something sadly not too common for us, works hard, and isn't afraid to take the ball direct - and does it well.

We don't need him as a super sub, we need to start more players like him.

Link to post
7 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Let me guess no changes for us at halftime as usual. 

Surprise,  it's all working. 

Link to post
  • mack locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...