Old McDonald Wins A Derby

24 minutes ago, FCB said:

Walk out song discussion again? Easily fixed. Wendy to come up with the lyrics for "Du Hast", RBB in charge of the pyro display, and we are all set.

If Rammstein's singer can fire a rocket launcher and just about set the stage on fire in an in ground venue, surely no one would object replicating this in a football stadium? Right, @blameturner??

Problem solved!  That'll do me!

@wendybr  @blameturner  get it done.

3 hours ago, hughsey said:

How about the highly unnecessary rave at half time. Wtf was going on hahaha

yeah it was a version of a Faithless song, God is a DJ

Some of the lyrics, "This is my church"..... if football is your religion,  then on this occasion Bankwest is your church

30 minutes ago, FCB said:

Walk out song discussion again? Easily fixed. Wendy to come up with the lyrics for "Du Hast", RBB in charge of the pyro display, and we are all set.

If Rammstein's singer can fire a rocket launcher and just about set the stage on fire in an in ground venue, surely no one would object replicating this in a football stadium? Right, @blameturner??

Nina Hagen Eiisser Union as per FC Union Berlin 

9 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

It’s not for you 

Not everything needs to be 2WS / Nova 

I don't know what Nova is/plays. I don't listen to 2WS anymore and when I did it wasn't for the music.

35 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Nina Hagen Eiisser Union as per FC Union Berlin 

Prob with  walkout song is i heard the Hibernian fans singing 'Sunshine on Leith' and I thought, well that's it, that cannot ever be beaten...

Posted (edited)

Was good to see last night when Sydney were trying to act hard and the big boys, our players all swarmed in to defend each other.

Ninkovic barged Mutch over, Troisi, Gordon, Ziegler even Kenny Miller getting in there. Ninkovic cracked as well which you don't see very often.

When Duke was late on Mcgowan, Troisi and Kamau ran in top defend him from the thug Brattan. Piggy boy Baumjohann tried to act so hard and looked like a mug. Like mate your the softest bloke on the pitch, goes down at the slightest touch.

Good to see how hard they fought, its the passion of Western Sydney, need to carry that into every game now, use that momentum and drive.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
1 hour ago, FCB said:

Well it's certainly not cover version of tunes from those old German rockers Bach, Beethoven or Brahms but I must admit I do like it. So, get JT and or Lederer to lock it in as our walk out tune.

8 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Was good to see last night when Sydney were trying to act hard and the big boys, our players all swarmed in to defend each other.

Ninkovic barged Mutch over, Troisi, Gordon, Ziegler even Kenny Miller getting in there. Ninkovic cracked as well which you don't see very often.

When Duke was late on Mcgowan, Troisi and Kamau ran in top defend him from the thug Brattan. Piggy boy Baumjohann tried to act so hard and looked like a mug. Like mate your the softest bloke on the pitch, goes down at the slightest touch.

Good to see how hard they fought, its the passion of Western Sydney, need to carry that into every game now, use that momentum and drive.

Well said, I was air boxing in the stands, haven't felt the urge in some time.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Even Cox was off the bench !!

Edited by MartinTyler
autocorrect

You could tell who was more up for the shithousery. Brattan got in Duke's face and Duke just walked him backwards. Barbarouses tried to bump chests with Ziegler I believe, and just bounced off him.

One team was acting tough and one was actually tough.

53 minutes ago, Davo said:

You could tell who was more up for the shithousery. Brattan got in Duke's face and Duke just walked him backwards. Barbarouses tried to bump chests with Ziegler I believe, and just bounced off him.

When Arnie was in charge of ESFC he knew how to get them to boss and control the game. There was usually an incident that would flare up in  negative way for us, Arnie knew how to tighten the screws on us.

ESFC still a top 4 side, but nowhere near the Arnie days. Le Fondre coming back will see them lift though, they really missed someone like that yesterday that is a bit more direct.

They will still be in the shake up for a GF spot.

1 hour ago, Davo said:

The other one - is the lads showed heart. We need this every game. Every game is a final. CR talks about winners, and he said that games like this show who the real winners and leaders are. 

They've shown themselves. They now need to do it week in week out.

Posted (edited)

ABJ was like a petulant child, as skilful as he is, that game reminded me why Babbel didn't keep him, kind of shame he has all the skill, but his attitude is not great.

How Grant stays on the pitch is still a mystery for me, he gets away with a least three yellow card challenges a game, he once again did his wave his hands around in the air, while barging somebody over. Just because you are waving your hands around doesn't make it not a foul

Watched the Kayo Mini last night when I got in, Harper is one weapons grade bellend

Edited by StringerBellend
Posted (edited)

Did anyone see what Ibini did to the Cove after the game? Absolutely hilarious.

Clapped them sarcastically, they went ape sh*t.

In his interview afterwards he said he did it because of the sh*t he copped throughout the game from them so he thought he would give them a bit back. 

He had the last laugh on the night.

After seeing that, it feels like he belongs now. He knows where his heart is at.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

Form went out the window as they say and someone how we managed to hold out a fast finishing esfc 

Scotty Mac instant legend, he can take that title away from Bulut now 😎

overall the boys won on pure grit and will to win. Agree with what others have send for all the attacking talent we have it seems Kamal is probably our most important attacking weapon when on point. 

ive given Ziegler heaps of stick but he stepped up last night and did well and cut out his once a game howler - well done. 
As others have said Natta outstanding - if this guy keeps improving he can be the big money xfer Lederer has been rubbing his hands for... might be the one to pay off finally. 

we were fortunate bratten was a bit error prone and Bobo skied a pen but meh the streak continues 

hopefully CR keeps the same lineup next week they deserve another crack - they need to be up for Every game not just a derby! 

1 minute ago, GunnerWanderer said:

overall the boys won on pure grit and will to win

Definitely. Our stats were awful. Only had like 25% possession, a quarter of our passes were long balls, passing accuracy was dreadful especially in the smurf half (only 49%).

But the game was won in the two boxes. Our shooting accuracy was 80% to SFC's 30%, they also missed a penalty and their final attack Caceres smashed the post instead of scoring in the top corner.

46 minutes ago, mack said:

Definitely. Our stats were awful. Only had like 25% possession, a quarter of our passes were long balls, passing accuracy was dreadful especially in the smurf half (only 49%).

But the game was won in the two boxes. Our shooting accuracy was 80% to SFC's 30%, they also missed a penalty and their final attack Caceres smashed the post instead of scoring in the top corner.

Agreed. If they applied that fire and grit, some of those games where 'luck' wasn't on our side, we'd have won.

Talent, and decent players is one thing, their attitude means more. If they do this for more games, we'd be in a far better position on the table.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, blameturner said:

Agreed. If they applied that fire and grit, some of those games where 'luck' wasn't on our side, we'd have won.

Talent, and decent players is one thing, their attitude means more. If they do this for more games, we'd be in a far better position on the table.

Also if Robinson worked out earlier that 3 at the back wasn't working and McGowan shouldn't be captain or on the field...we'd be better off.

Edited by WHACKO
9 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Natta was good. Needed a bit of help second half for a time. But very good.

I ecpect him to come back next season without the year 10 high school moustache and a slick high top fade hair do :D

The mo can go but keep the ‘fro:good:

Ok, I've only managed to had to this time to post I've been away all weekend in Newcastle for a christening which I had to attend to today. I decided to go out last night to some sports club in New Lambton. They managed to have one screen showing the game and I think I may have been the only one watching it while 99.9% of the rest of the people in the club were watching all the NRL games or were at the club having feed, a few drinks and then walking to the Knights vs Roosters because the club was about 1.5kms away from McDonald Jones Stadium. 

Before I went to the sports club, I was watching Sky News which had James Dodd interviewing Carl Robinson. Dodd did post it on his twitter but it doesn't have the specific piece that I want to address. Apparently, some fans or members of the RRB recently turned up to the Wanderers Academy in Rooty Hill and had a tifo with flares one night during the week that said "We are not putting up with 5 years of agony, JT. Pull your finger out or you're out" 

Personally, I feel this was the shaken up that the players, management and Robinson needed after they witnessed it. 

And honestly, what a game, what a victory. Any day we defeat the Smurfs is a good day. 

As soon as I saw the announcement of the line-up, I immediately knew "This isn't a 5-2-3 lineup...this is 4-2-3-1...and we're gonna win". It's about f*cking time Robinson is finally got it right. I really, really hope he sticks to a back 4. The team felt more comfortable in it and there's so many benefits from it. 

- Duke got more involved in the game compared to the past few weeks (I'm not sure if it's because it was the derby and he was eager to get a win)
- Ibini and Kamau look lethal as wingers (especially Kamau)
- Troisi definitely looked more confident in his role

The first goal was phenomenal, Gordon had King off his guard and just sprinted for an open spot on the right and then provided a beautiful cross where there was many options to cross to (Ibini, Duke and Kamau were all there). Kamau managed to connect to it and provide a great strike and a great goal.

The second goal was even better, just superb passing. From Kamau to Troisi to Kamau to Ibini to Duke...GOAL!  Non-stop team work and assisting each other from the middle of the field to the 6 yard box. Also, you gotta love Duke walking to the goalpost, doing the splits and posing infront of the cove. It's a shame the camera didn't pan to their react. They were probably quiet and gobsmacked by then.

Amazing work by McDonald on the third goal, he was not being defended at all by any of the Smurfs. I worried about signing him due to his age. But hey...if he can provide goals then I'm happy. 

Great attempted by Yeboah around the 79th minute. I thought for sure he'll make it 4-1. 

I think 7 minutes of extra time was a bit pathetic but anyway. The squad did feel a bit fatigued near the end and were lucky it wasn't a 3-3 draw. 

As I said, it was a superb game. There was mixed emotions (majority of them being positive ones) but I'm glad the squad got the better and now they aim for back to back victories against Western United and then Perth Glory before we meet the Smurfs again.

54 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Before I went to the sports club, I was watching Sky News which had James Dodd interviewing Carl Robinson

It's possible that interview took place the morning after the RBB had shown up after dark.

In the three derbies against ESFC last season we won two and had a draw. We finished 9th. Derby wins are great but finals football is what is required

Great win on the weekend but the big test is continuing it. The question still remains will we. ?

1 minute ago, sonar said:

In the three derbies against ESFC last season we won two and had a draw. We finished 9th. Derby wins are great but finals football is what is required

Great win on the weekend but the big test is continuing it. The question still remains will we. ?

Yep this weekend is a big game need to win or that was all for nothing 

Hopefully we field similar starting line up and go again 

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

Yep this weekend is a big game need to win or that was all for nothing 

Hopefully we field similar starting line up and go again 

Yep.......and it was a good win on Sat.....best performance of the season by a mile......but it can't just be one game we have to go all in for the rest of the season.