5 Star Western Rout

Western United are an absolute failure. That performance just about summed up the state of the club. Right now I’d say Gold Coast United were a more viable option.

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Western United are an absolute failure. That performance just about summed up the state of the club. Right now I’d say Gold Coast United were a more viable option.

WU and Bulls where Lowys and Gallops parting gift to the HAL. There were far more viable options for expansion. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, FCB said:

WU and Bulls where Lowys and Gallops parting gift to the HAL. There were far more viable options for expansion. 

I still think the Bulls were created as a ploy to try and cannibalise the Wanderers fan base. But I'm confident they'll never come close to growing as big as us. We represent all of Western Sydney and had success from first season. They only represent a few little suburbs around Campbelltown where a lot of people still support WSW.

Edited by GE942150

Bulls makes sense in Sydney in about 10 years time. The population growth in SW Sydney is one of the biggest in the country, but bringing them in now was too soon IMO.

WU is nothing without their supposed boutique stadium. That was their only selling point and if it had to be a Melbourne team I thought the Team 11 bid was stronger.

2 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

I still think the Bulls were created as a ploy to try and cannibalise the Wanderers fan base. But I'm confident they'll never come close to growing as big as us. 

I doubt they'd ever grow as big as the Mariners. Campbelltown might grow as a region but their idea of getting 10,000 supporters from Liverpool was never going to work, leaving them with a population in their home area smaller than Gosford.

10 hours ago, mack said:

I doubt they'd ever grow as big as the Mariners. Campbelltown might grow as a region but their idea of getting 10,000 supporters from Liverpool was never going to work, leaving them with a population in their home area smaller than Gosford.

Just because Liverpool is 'South West it doesn't mean it's their area. It's still our area. They don't represent the South West, they represent Campbeltown and surrounding suburbs. 

10 hours ago, Carns said:

Bulls makes sense in Sydney in about 10 years time. The population growth in SW Sydney is one of the biggest in the country, but bringing them in now was too soon IMO.

WU is nothing without their supposed boutique stadium. That was their only selling point and if it had to be a Melbourne team I thought the Team 11 bid was stronger.

Should have put south Melbourne in 

- already exist 

- have women’s team 

- stadium and income streams 

- links A League nu-football to old-skool-sokkah 

- shuts the weirdos up on Twitter 

1 minute ago, GE942150 said:

Just because Liverpool is 'South West it doesn't mean it's their area. It's still our area. They don't represent the South West, they represent Campbeltown and surrounding suburbs. 

Yep Campbelltown and beyond, but until thats built they are trying to get the sokkah heartland of Fairfield and surrounds, which is our area, but they may pick up a few fans who for what ever reason didn’t jump on team WSW train 

13 hours ago, hughsey said:

Yea its looking like that atm, there was more support for A-league in Gold Coast its not a good look for the Greenies. How much you put that down to marketing, support for A-league or a poorly run club that has 26 different home venues. Bulls at least have some sort of base to work with.

6 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

There's a city the size of Adelaide (>1 million) being plonked in the SW around the aerotropolis. It will be a 10+ year development but it's coming. That's when Mac FC should have come in.

It’s the exact same scenario with WU except in their case, the place they’re meant to come from doesn’t exist whatsoever lol 

Even from a Fox Sports overlord perspective, I can’t see how either bid made any sense.

12 hours ago, GE942150 said:

God, this pisses me off. I grew up in Liverpool and if anyone said to me "Oh, you're originally from Liverpool, isn't that in the Macarthur region" I would immediately tell them to get f*cked.  

33 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

God, this pisses me off. I grew up in Liverpool and if anyone said to me "Oh, you're originally from Liverpool, isn't that in the Macarthur region" I would immediately tell them to get f*cked.  

It's mind boggling.