Covid Vaccination - where are people at?

I am interested in where people stand with the covid jab. 

Will you roll up your sleeve if AstraZeneca is available to you, or will you wait for Pfizer, or something else, or will you give vaccination a miss altogether?

Or if you have been vaccinated already: what did you notice?

Just curious. 

3 minutes ago, FCB said:

Will you roll up your sleeve if AstraZeneca is available to you, or will you wait for Pfizer, or something else, or will you give vaccination a miss altogether?

Just curious. 

I suspect most people 40-49 will be following the Pfizer news today and registering interest, and most people over 50 will be booking their AZ jab from the 12th. I would have been happy to have the Pfizer or AZ, I wouldn't have given a second thought to having either.

Edited by Smoggy
8 minutes ago, FCB said:

Just curious. 

I have to admit to being in two minds at the moment. The ratio to blood clots to the number of vaccinations is miniscule but I have the nagging doubt about the efficacy of the vaccines with the way the virus mutates. Will most probably get vaccinated.....maybe.....lol

If I was offered the AZ vaccine tomorrow, I'd take it

I'll be in the last stage of a vaccine rollout but as I take blood pressure tablets, I'm nervous about what happens if I contract Covid

I suspect that by the time I'm actually offered a vaccine, domestic production will be a public/private mixture as businesses get frustrated with the lagging economy 

I.e. you can wait in line for a Govt funded AZ jab or pay $100 for a Pfizer jab at the GP

To be honest, I'm 50/50 about my decisions.

My partner works in the health department. So, she was offered the Pfizer vaccination. She felt crap after it and she hasn't had her second shot yet. 

My aunty had the AstraZeneca vaccination and has type 1 diabetes. She said she felt fine and is pissed off about the media being a bit over dramatic due to the controversy that it can cause blood clots. Personally, I agree on her statement. I've been watching a doctor on the health government website called Dr. Lucas de Toca and he does a top 3 video each week. One of the questions was about "if I had the AstraZeneca vaccination, do I take the second jab?" and he basically said "Yes, the chances of getting a blood clot is 4 million to 1."

I'm in the phase 2b rollout so I'm in no rush to get it done.

I worked in a job that when Covid hit it didn’t mean **** all I was travelling to the city day in and day out 

I remember being the only person on the train from MacArthur to central 😂

i remember walking 3 city blocks and not seeing a soul 

I remember going to Pitt st food court at 120 and being only person around the whole centre 

If I was still in that job I’d be wanting Covid jab but now I’ve changed roles and looks like we are pretty much WFH for good 

the news for the jab for me is less urgent I’ll allow others to get it happy to be last person in Oz 🙂

My thinking at this stage:

A GP friend of mine tells me that, as we are way behind with vaccination and are heading into winter, right now we are exposed to a new wave of infections. That got my attention.

She also tells me that blood clotting itself is not so much of an issue, but clotting in the brain by both vaccination and the virus is. That got my attention as well.

Another friend of mine, the daughter of a GP, was told by her dad to stay away from AZ. He told her that, right now, it is highly unlikely that she gets infected with covid, and waiting for the Pfizer jab is safer than risking blood clotting with AZ or covid.

The big question seems to be how likely it is that we experience another wave. Considering the issue with repatriation flights from India, the medics seem to think "very likely" once the virus arrives. 

A few weeks ago I met someone who had a 1 percent chance to survive a major heart operation. In other words: he was just about dead, and he made it against the odds. The chances of developing blood clots and be affected by them seems minute, in comparison.

So, right now, AZ it is for me. But if we don't hear from @ossified after this week, I might change my mind again. 

25 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Had mine last week (AZ), no hesitation, don't want to be infected with Covid it looks a f****g awful painful way to die.

Both my parents have had both doses of AZ without issues, as has my eldest sister who is 47, no issues.No vaccine is without risk and covid is a bigger risk. I understand peoples concerns though.

I would genuinely be happy to swap with a jittery boomer so they can have the Pfizer and I have the AZ lol Just got to take what offered though.

9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Looks as though the Conservatives have realised that there is significant AZ vaccine hesitancy by announcing the purchase of the Moderna mRNA vaccine. 

Backtracking yet again 

7 more blood clotting instances!

No wonder people are hesitant...even if they had planned to get vaccinated as soon as they could.

5 minutes ago, wendybr said:

7 more blood clotting instances!

No wonder people are hesitant...even if they had planned to get vaccinated as soon as they could.

I have flu shots and have no problems getting them but I'm in line for AZ and it worries me tbh...irrational fear...?.....maybe....but certainly hesitant .

I got a phone call from my GP yesterday, offering me the AZ jab. My GP never rings me for anything, and I find it very interesting that he is reaching out. 

Two days ago I spoke to a colleague who’s wife got the Pfizer shot and ended up sick as a dog. I had a client cancel on me yesterday who fell ill after getting the AZ jab. 

None of this gives me a great deal of confidence. And I wonder if we ever hear of @Ossified again...

13 minutes ago, FCB said:

I got a phone call from my GP yesterday, offering me the AZ jab. My GP never rings me for anything, and I find it very interesting that he is reaching out. 

Two days ago I spoke to a colleague who’s wife got the Pfizer shot and ended up sick as a dog. I had a client cancel on me yesterday who fell ill after getting the AZ jab. 

None of this gives me a great deal of confidence. And I wonder if we ever hear of @Ossified again...

I receive my Jab late tomorrow and from then on I'll be checking the Obituary page of the SMH daily..... if I'm not in it I'll just carry on as normal. 

25 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I’m getting Pfizer early next week at Olympic Park

Didn’t even know they (Pfizer) were available until I read a news article... 

How you getting Pfizer? Front line services?

Your an under 40 youngster aren't you ? :)

Edited by Smoggy
12 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

How you getting Pfizer? Front line services?

Your an under 40 youngster aren't you ? :)

It’s a special mission, should the Virus take hold and wipe out the population he’s charged with repopulating australia 

On 10/05/2021 at 8:42 PM, pseudonym said:

If I was offered the AZ vaccine tomorrow, I'd take it

I'll be in the last stage of a vaccine rollout but as I take blood pressure tablets, I'm nervous about what happens if I contract Covid

I suspect that by the time I'm actually offered a vaccine, domestic production will be a public/private mixture as businesses get frustrated with the lagging economy 

I.e. you can wait in line for a Govt funded AZ jab or pay $100 for a Pfizer jab at the GP

Following on from this - I was given the first dose of Pfizer vaccine on Thursday

Apparently, family members of staff at Westmead Hospital are allowed to register for jabs

Mixed feelings - on the one hand, relief that I can get it but on the other, concern as a lot of people are missing out :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Pre-existing medical condition of a broken heart :( (see Singles, Dating, & Relationships Thread)

Oh look out Unlimited is single again huh..Well you had a good run, and to be fair you did better than any of us expected. :)

• mack locked this topic