Covid Vaccination - where are people at?

An Oklahoma doctor has said overdoses of the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, which many believe without evidence can prevent or cure Covid-19, are helping cause delays and problems for rural hospitals and ambulance services struggling to cope with the resurgent pandemic.

So it seems after all this time some in the US southern states realise that global worming is a problem.

Sorry I'll get my coat.

Interesting question....

When ICU are full, and more intensive wards are full...

Doctors often need to make hard calls... i.e. who do we provide more care too.

In the US there is apparently a list of who gets treated but more importantly who does not get treated if all beds are taken..

Doctors in some southern states where people who refuse to get vaccinated and finish up in ICU.... are saying should they take the place of someone with a bad heart or hurt in a road accident etc...

There is a push by some doctors and the list pushing is growing that say an unvaxed person with Cov goes to the bottom of the que...

Doctors need to make calls daily ... this is an interesting call... whether or not its added to the list will be interesting to watch...

5 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Interesting question....

When ICU are full, and more intensive wards are full...

Doctors often need to make hard calls... i.e. who do we provide more care too.

In the US there is apparently a list of who gets treated but more importantly who does not get treated if all beds are taken..

Doctors in some southern states where people who refuse to get vaccinated and finish up in ICU.... are saying should they take the place of someone with a bad heart or hurt in a road accident etc...

There is a push by some doctors and the list pushing is growing that say an unvaxed person with Cov goes to the bottom of the que...

Doctors need to make calls daily ... this is an interesting call... whether or not its added to the list will be interesting to watch...

How sad that NSW has come to doctors making calls on life and like early in the first wave in March/April 2020.

The NSW government has had over 12 months to prepare for this eventuality. Another failure in AfGladystan by the conservatives believing their own hype. 

10 hours ago, Paul01 said:

How sad that NSW has come to doctors making calls on life and like early in the first wave in March/April 2020.

The NSW government has had over 12 months to prepare for this eventuality. Another failure in AfGladystan by the conservatives believing their own hype. 

Haha AfGladystan how very clever , did you think of that all by yourself or did you steal it from someone. But a nice play on Afghanistan , I am sure Afghani women would be laughing through their Taliban freshly cracked skulls.

Anyway but to poor old Gladys. We should import from NZ that incompetent , lefty ,bumbling fool formerly known as the " worlds greatest leader". The one that failed to implement laws to control that now dead wanker who stabbed seven people , three critically. Blamed it all on "solicitors who got promoted " , aka as judges.

Ask the victims and family of the victims , I am sure she is still the " worlds greatest leader " (?) She is a disgrace and should resign now.

Despite your extreme hatred of conservatives , at least we have laws in NSW and Australia to try and  protect us against such terrorist wankers.

3 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Haha AfGladystan how very clever , did you think of that all by yourself or did you steal it from someone

It came from an apolitical person who has done the mathematical modelling on what we are about to face in NSW. Go to Armageddon thread and look up the John Cadogan video i posted yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

It came from an apolitical person who has done the mathematical modelling on what we are about to face in NSW. Go to Armageddon thread and look up the John Cadogan video i posted yesterday.

Oh John Cadogan. Isn't he  the car expert. Yeah , can see the connect between a V8 car and covid. Well sort of ??????????

13 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Haha AfGladystan how very clever , did you think of that all by yourself or did you steal it from someone. But a nice play on Afghanistan , I am sure Afghani women would be laughing through their Taliban freshly cracked skulls.

Anyway but to poor old Gladys. We should import from NZ that incompetent , lefty ,bumbling fool formerly known as the " worlds greatest leader". The one that failed to implement laws to control that now dead wanker who stabbed seven people , three critically. Blamed it all on "solicitors who got promoted " , aka as judges.

Ask the victims and family of the victims , I am sure she is still the " worlds greatest leader " (?) She is a disgrace and should resign now.

Despite your extreme hatred of conservatives , at least we have laws in NSW and Australia to try and  protect us against such terrorist wankers.

Perhaps she should of banned all Aus citizens as well. You know, like the right wing white supremacist guy from Aus who went over their and slaughtered innocent Kiwi's.

13 minutes ago, sonar said:

Perhaps she should of banned all Aus citizens as well. You know, like the right wing white supremacist guy from Aus who went over their and slaughtered innocent Kiwi's.

She learnt nothing from that did she.

On 07/09/2021 at 5:11 PM, Paul01 said:

Pfizer jab 1 done at Panthers. Now have sore arm.

Now the vaccination hub in the Nepean region

Pleasant and efficient.

As a follow-up, i checked that my immunisation was recorded tonight. It was there under the Medicare section of MyGov. 

My better half got her first vaccination in July at Homebush but her immunisation record was not updated at that time. She had to email to ensure her record of both vaccinations were there for employer.

So update on the whole in-law situation. 

They’ve been super resistant to getting it, to the point where they wouldn’t even consider Pfizer or Moderna (hypothetically if available).

Main sticking points were:

- Out of touch, old GP who didn’t believe in COVID or the vaccine :angry:

- Nervous around side-effects and the AZ beat-up. 

- Neighbours and overseas family conspiracy nuts sprouting crap. 

However, we seem to have made some headway. More of their children have now been vaccinated multiple times, doctor has changed their tune, and low and behold, the nut job neighbours decided to get vaccinated (I can’t describe how angry I am at this particular point. The danger they put my in laws in with their crap, just to turn around and then get it FML). 

So my MIL spoke to her doctor after Balks keep pestering her and doctor gave her the all clear for the vaccine. That was all she ever wanted. So now we’re booking her in to get done soon. 

FIL is a bit more stubborn and risk adverse (has underlying medical conditions), but as long as he’s not the first, we think he’ll follow MIL. Especially now the neighbours have been done and doctor has changed their tune. 

Just goes to show, keep talking to hesitant people and get them to talk to others who you can trust to give them good advice. Go with them to their doctor if they will allow you to, try to put the risk factor into terms they will understand. Don’t shame them or get angry with them. 

Once they’re done, I will be so much more at ease knowing all my immediate is finally protected. Then bring on the opening once everyone who wants one has had a chance to get the jab. 

13 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

We will get to a scenario where we can't fly to Perth but we can fly to Fiji.

And that’s 100% fine by me. Fiji is way nicer than WA and closer too. They’ve had their economy decimated by the lack of tourism over the past two years.

I’d prefer to spend my money there than in WA if they want to play games. 

Bula!

21 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

And that’s 100% fine by me. Fiji is way nicer than WA and closer too. They’ve had their economy decimated by the lack of tourism over the past two years.

Bula!

when you've seen one quokka, you've seen them all 

:lol:

image.jpeg.7e1caf2bf9530bdf647e56e2a58f5317.jpeg

3 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

Bula!

I hope the cruises open up. I flew to Fiji last time would love to head there on a cruise.

6 hours ago, pseudonym said:

when you've seen one quokka, you've seen them all 

:lol:

image.jpeg.7e1caf2bf9530bdf647e56e2a58f5317.jpeg

That was hands down the best part of WA when I went earlier this year. Rottnest was nice, nothing overly special, but the quokkas were adorable. 

Got myself a selfie, so I’m set now. To the white sand beaches and emerald waters of Fiji I go! 

Tech help needed....

I have downloaded the digital vax certificate to my phone. Not the pdf but the Medicare app thingy that you put your phone access pin in to access.

Downloads to my phone fine and works well.

Except that the next time I go back to my phone to look the app has vanished and I have to reinstall everything all over again!

What's doing:unknw:

Anyone else had this issue? It will be a bit of a bugger after we open up and I go somewhere that asks for this and it vanishes again! Can't keep on reinstalling like this.

Edited by Smoggy
13 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Tech help needed....

I have downloaded the digital vax certificate to my phone. Not the pdf but the Medicare app thingy that you put your phone access pin in to access.

Except that the next time I go back to my phone to look the app has vanished and I have to reinstall everything all over again!

Anyone else had this issue? It will be a bit of a bugger after we open up and I go somewhere that asks for this and it vanishes again! Can't keep on reinstalling like this.

Not sure about the disappearing and re-downloading thing, but I would suggest you download the actual digital pass out of the Medicare app and put it in your digital wallet so you don’t even need the app in the future.

Are you using an Apple or Android? 

I downloaded the Medicare app but only opened it once. I saved the immunisation PDF to my phone’s documents folder and the digital certificate to my Apple Wallet. It sits alongside my WSW membership card, frequent flyer cards and the CC’s I’ve set up in Apple Pay. 

On Android you can use the Google Pay app or an independent app called Wallet Passes. I think Samsung has its own one too, but I’m not 100% sure. 

21 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Tech help needed....

7 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

Not sure about the disappearing and re-downloading thing, but I would suggest you download the actual digital pass out of the Medicare app and put it in your digital wallet so you don’t even need the app in the future.

Are you using an Apple or Android? 

I downloaded the Medicare app but only opened it once. I saved the immunisation PDF to my phone’s documents folder and the digital certificate to my Apple Wallet. It sits alongside my WSW membership card, frequent flyer cards and the CC’s I’ve set up in Apple Pay. 

On Android you can use the Google Pay app or an independent app called Wallet Passes. I think Samsung has its own one too, but I’m not 100% sure. 

Same problem for me Mrs Ed. Downloaded from Medicare to wallet on Google pay 3 times now and all looks ok with the shortcut on screen. Then it just disappears sometime in the following days. It's gone again now.

Samsung phone. I don't have anything else in the wallet.

But I noticed last time, that each time I download it creates another copy. So last time when I opened the wallet via the shortcut I had 3 copies of the certificate in there. So it's not the certificate that disappears but the shortcut. So now I just find the Google pay app, click on that and the certificate wallet is there.

On 04/09/2021 at 2:20 PM, Cynth said:

You know that is probably the best health promotion you can have. Person to person. 

That's just what the main stream media want you to believe. Take this for example, I have genuine concerns, this is from a reputable source too

It's ok though as they are going to drink some of Tony's magic wee and have some Cake, while Eric Clapton plays Layla, and Neal Oliver makes them some toast, so they can have 'Toast on the Coast'.

Morrissey will come over too

Edited by StringerBellend
5 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Same problem for me Mrs Ed. Downloaded from Medicare to wallet on Google pay 3 times now and all looks ok with the shortcut on screen. Then it just disappears sometime in the following days. It's gone again now.

Samsung phone. I don't have anything else in the wallet.

But I noticed last time, that each time I download it creates another copy. So last time when I opened the wallet via the shortcut I had 3 copies of the certificate in there. So it's not the certificate that disappears but the shortcut. So now I just find the Google pay app, click on that and the certificate wallet is there.

Thanks Ed and Jess! After some faffing around I think I have my ticket to freedom fixed permanently on my phone :good:

Currently at a small vaccination hub in Carnes Hill designed for those that aren’t catered to by the mass hubs waiting for my in-laws to get their first shot!

I can’t explain how relieved I am. Just keep talking to people and answering their questions and fears. Help them out where required like booking an appointment or finding a hub. 

Bring on opening! (In 5 weeks when they’re fully protected :P

Took my 15 year old to Panthers for his 1st jab yesterday after the better half found an appointment on Friday for the Saturday 

When we got there, we were asked what i thought to be an unusual question "Are you a walk-in or for an appointment?"

And there was some activity at the desk for walk-in.

Looks as though the Nepean hub has additional Pfizer doses to allow for walk-in

BTW in the waiting room, i thought i saw 3 other u15s (accompanied by a parent) in the short time we were there.