Covid Vaccination - where are people at?

On 08/06/2021 at 4:48 PM, Smoggy said:

Oh probably lol I am not the best at making enough noise when I probably should. When someone says to me they will get back to me, I stupidly believe them lol

Some of the people getting injections will be line jumpers for sure who have no doubt made a tearful case, the same people that barge to the from of the bus line I see most weeks. Not many, but there will be some like that.

Meh....

All sorted :)......

will have had both jabs before end July.

Got the second Pfizer jab yesterday.

Haven’t died yet, and am now waiting for the authorities to switch on the remote control and take over my faculties. I will report back should I grow a pair or breasts, or if my penis mutates into a third leg. 

Other than that: COVID can get stuffed.

On 03/06/2021 at 9:25 AM, pseudonym said:

2nd Pfizer dose done :woah:

In hindsight, the governments should have recorded vaccinations administered like our PAX ticket numbers

VAX: 447,260 (NSW Health)

They are using the same publicity agency as the a league 

29 minutes ago, FCB said:

Got the second Pfizer jab yesterday.

Haven’t died yet, and am now waiting for the authorities to switch on the remote control and take over my faculties. I will report back should I grow a pair or breasts, or if my penis mutates into a third leg. 

Other than that: COVID can get stuffed.

Have you suddenly got an urge to upgrade Microsoft office 

26 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Although rather disappointingly I haven't attained any mutant superpower via the jab :(

I thought you already had all that!

:unknw:

46 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I thought you already had all that!

:unknw:

Well yeah..people from Middlesbrough are Smogmonsters...but a few additionals would have been good.

Edited by Smoggy

Yeah..so the vaccine has hit me hard, very hard, I suspected it might. These things hit me a bit more than many.

They say the second dose is worse and so i am nervous....very nervous.

Edited by Smoggy
23 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah..so the vaccine has hit me hard, very hard, I suspected it might. These things hit me a bit more than many.

So on a scale of house key stuck to your chest, through to buried in cutlery, how magnetic are you right now?

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

52 minutes ago, Davo said:

So on a scale of house key stuck to your chest, through to buried in cutlery, how magnetic are you right now?

Hit hard? How Magnetic? Cutlery? Hammers????

Take care squire. :grouphug:

So, I have been Pfizer-ed twice.

As I am fully vaccinated, I can now assume a high level of protection for the delta variant.

Should I catch it anyway then I am less likely to fall seriously ill, and less likely to end up in hospital.

Should I end up in hospital then I have a good chance to come out of it alive.

Something like that, right?

So, the answer to the Delta variant crisis is to get vaccinated. But what with?

Australia's Plan A(stra Zeneca) is now dead in the water.

Pfizer was never a Plan B, but an additional vaccine on offer. That is now the new Plan A. But we don't have enough of it, because we didn't do the necessary negotiations 12 months ago.

So, where to from here, one has to wonder? The next substantial Pfizer deliveries are weeks (or a couple of months?) away, Moderna might arrive in October, Johnson maybe this year.

This is not a good picture. Add to this a quarantine centre which might or not be built in this decade, then I really wonder how and when all of this is going to end for us here in Australia. It's all a bit depressing, really.

I think I am going to pour myself another drink.

9 minutes ago, FCB said:

As I am fully vaccinated, I can now assume a high level of protection for the delta variant.

Should I catch it anyway then I am less likely to fall seriously ill, and less likely to end up in hospital.

Pfizer was never a Plan B, but an additional vaccine on offer. That is now the new Plan A. But we don't have enough of it, because we didn't do the necessary negotiations 12 months ago.

So, where to from here, one has to wonder? The next substantial Pfizer deliveries are weeks (or a couple of months?) away, Moderna might arrive in October, Johnson maybe this year.

This is not a good picture. Add to this a quarantine centre which might or not be built in this decade, then I really wonder how and when all of this is going to end for us here in Australia. It's all a bit depressing, really.

I have my second jab in a few weeks, even if still in lockdown I will still be able to travel for that.

I think i heard Australia won't be buying any Johnson & Johnson but might be Moderna? All very confusing. I think the scare stories surrounding AZ have killed off a useful vaccine for those over 60.

There are still slots available for those over 40 to get the jab. I couldnt wait to get it...blue lights ambulance trip with pneumonia and arriving at hospital with blue lips and unable to breath does that for you. I was lucky to survive pneumonia in 2008, I know what it is like, get the **** vaccinated people.

Edited by Smoggy
27 minutes ago, FCB said:

Smirko had just 2 jobs, Quarantine and Vaccine Roll-out (now called stroll-out) and he's stuffed up badly on both.

10 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Smirko had just 2 jobs, Quarantine and Vaccine Roll-out (now called stroll-out) and he's stuffed up badly on both.

Mate I don't hold a hose talk to the premiers

14 minutes ago, Ossified said:

And what happened to the CovidSafe app?

Posted (edited)

Had flu vax this morning so I can get into my parents Aged Care Facility to see them once the lockdown is over.

Also booked in for my first Covid vax at the same clinic in Norwest for 5th August.

Edited by Wanderboy
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2021 at 12:53 PM, CaptainJess said:

My 57 year old parents (who are not anti-vax by any means) are debating whether to get the AZ or to wait. My dad is overweight with a lot of pre-existing conditions, my mum has asthma. I told them they are both more likely to die from catching COVID than they are to have complications with the AZ vaccine. They blew my concerns off and are "waiting". I'm not sure what for, but this is the mind set of so many people around that age. It's so frustrating, but there's nothing I can do.

I thought I’d give an update on the above for a little positive news in this current climate.

My mum (who was the more measured and level-headed of the two) got her first AZ jab at the SOP hub at the beginning of June. She’s booked in for the second on the 1st September but may consider bringing it forward if things get worse. 

My sister just got a front-line medical job and got her and her partner vaccinated last week at a local GP. While she was there, a cancellation happened and she jumped on it and booked my dad in for tomorrow. My mum and her convinced him to just do it. I think the current cases and my close calls may have spooked him. 

So from tomorrow, everyone in my family has had one dose except me. I’m really relieved that they will have some sort of protection going forward.

I’m currently working on getting Balks and I vaccinated in early August. The same clinic that is doing my Dad apparently has Pfizer appointments for August 2nd. Calling first thing tomorrow to try and make an appointment. 

It shouldn’t be this hard to get vaccinated. You shouldn’t have to rely on having frontline family members or being in the right spot at the right time. 

Now to work on my Balkan in-laws who believe all the conspiracy theories being spread through the baba network. We had trouble convincing them that this lockdown was serious, let alone trying to get them a jab. Ah well, we push on. Maybe they will come around too.

I get mine Thursday I booked ages ago at Olympic park 

Maybe I should stop in at the Royal oak for old times sake 

Edited by StringerBellend

Booked at Nepean Hospital. Fist available when we booked was the 7th September.

So the promised extra doses are a myth promoted by the scummy Prime Minister who looks like he can't organise a booze-up in brewery

F*** o** Morrison 

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Booked at Nepean Hospital. Fist available when we booked was the 7th September.

So the promised extra doses are a myth promoted by the scummy Prime Minister who looks like he can't organise a booze-up in brewery

F*** o** Morrison 

What’s the availability at SOP? Shouldn’t be that long, you just probably chose a bad venue