RBB - suggestion box

Morning all,

I have opened up a new thread here to get feedback from you all as to how can we improve the active end (particularly given the current COVID restrictions etc). We've all witnessed crowds diminishing, partly due to poor results on the field but also due to a year of laziness and getting comfy on the coach.

So the floor is open for suggestions as we start planning already for strategies for next season.

Some of my own questions include

1) if you currently hold an RBB active membership. What has held you back from attending games?

2) If you hold an RBB seated membership (upstairs), would you be open to a flexi ticket which allows you to come downstairs and participate?

3) where can we improve in terms of engagement and attracting new people to active + getting older heads re connected with active

To many people share & comment images and videos of the "glory days", but not enough are willing to put their hand up to contribute re creating such days.

No question/comment is right or wrong and i will do my best to answer each and every one

I know it's a loaded question mate but what's the current attitude of the club towards allowing banners, flags and with regards to tifos and that kind of thing?

15 hours ago, marron said:

I know it's a loaded question mate but what's the current attitude of the club towards allowing banners, flags and with regards to tifos and that kind of thing?

Club is fine with flags/banners and tifo's. You just need to register them before a game

2 hours ago, GE942150 said:

I think the RBB active upper stand is a waste of time. They should move that section to the edge bays in the lower section.

yes totally agree and it is something ive suggested to the club

would much rather see the bottom section full as it makes for poor tv viewing when everyone goes up top, 

16 minutes ago, BigDukes said:

yes totally agree and it is something ive suggested to the club

would much rather see the bottom section full as it makes for poor tv viewing when everyone goes up top, 

Have the club actually responded? 

During night games their is no light in the upper stand so you can't see anyone which is useless. Poorly designed lighting system. 

24 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

Have the club actually responded? 

During night games their is no light in the upper stand so you can't see anyone which is useless. Poorly designed lighting system. 

its a logistically thing. We've constantly suggested that the upper RBB section tickets should be flexible to allow people to move to the bottom tier in the event of small crowds.

The issue right now is the safe standing RBB section is "exhausted"; i.e the 1000 standing capacity is all memberships but these flogs who have bought memberships only come for Derbies or renew and not show up :-/

6 minutes ago, BigDukes said:

its a logistically thing. We've constantly suggested that the upper RBB section tickets should be flexible to allow people to move to the bottom tier in the event of small crowds.

The issue right now is the safe standing RBB section is "exhausted"; i.e the 1000 standing capacity is all memberships but these flogs who have bought memberships only come for Derbies or renew and not show up :-/

It would be better if the RBB was non-membership. I think that would boost the numbers, especially for people who can't commit to membership. But obviously their is the risk of opposition fans buying tickets in the section. 

You'll never get non membership active end anymore. The entire league forced membership so they could pin the blame on members and lock it down when a flare was ripped.

The restrictions at WSW Bankwest games is nothing compared to what MV fans have had to endure in the past.

Flags are always there for home games, it’s just having people to wave them. It’ll be good to get back to having most of the 3 bays full then we can stack the front with them like we used to. 

Really like the idea of taking people in top stand RBB seating to bottom, will look a lot more full than it currently looks.

The dual/flexi RBB membership idea sounds really good, its a shame that people are only turning up to derbies, it ruins it for everyone else.

If there is a way to organise or sort that out I reckon its a must. Is there something the club can do, looking at how many games people go to and determine something from there?

I think the issue regarding no safe standing anymore needs to be sorted out as well, sounds to me like its being denied by stadium and NRL.

Thank you for opening up the room to suggestions, much appreciated.

For me ir would be great if I could use my black membership to come into RBB end for some games.

most games I can’t do it as I sit with my family but it would be good on the few games that they don’t make it to be able to come across and lend my voice, especially in the low crowd games 

I wouldn’t want to take a RBB spot from somebody who is a regular there of course

im guessing there are a few who’d like to do the same 

14 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Really like the idea of taking people in top stand RBB seating to bottom, will look a lot more full than it currently looks.

The dual/flexi RBB membership idea sounds really good, its a shame that people are only turning up to derbies, it ruins it for everyone else.

If there is a way to organise or sort that out I reckon its a must. Is there something the club can do, looking at how many games people go to and determine something from there?

I think the issue regarding no safe standing anymore needs to be sorted out as well, sounds to me like its being denied by stadium and NRL.

Thank you for opening up the room to suggestions, much appreciated.

The safe standing not being put back in is a COVID issue. Current COVID laws state 1 ticket per seat

If safe standing is implemented; then the rules go back to the 2 square metre rule

The hypocrisy in all this and i shared this with the club was the NRL game examples such as Kogarah & leichardt when the Hill area's are packed...these are not "seats" and its full to the brim.

18 hours ago, Erebus said:

You'll never get non membership active end anymore. The entire league forced membership so they could pin the blame on members and lock it down when a flare was ripped.

The restrictions at WSW Bankwest games is nothing compared to what MV fans have had to endure in the past.

True and the club don't care if people don't show - they have the money in the pocket once you buy a membership

One suggestion i threw at them is for next season to cap RBB memberships to 75%; leaving 25% for spot purchases - it was pretty much brushed aside.

entire northern end should have the same membership. upstairs/downstairs, doesn't matter. if you sit with family upstairs but they can't make the game - you should be allowed to come downstairs and be more active. if you've broken your ankle you should be able to go upstairs and sit down. 

21 hours ago, Erebus said:

Only time the RBB will be open for anyone to purchase is finals/Grand final, with members having first priority obviously.

They allowed members to purchase adiditonal tickets for the derby, but the ticketing process was completely butchered as a lot members didn't even get the message. 

On 13/05/2021 at 8:54 AM, BigDukes said:

Club is fine with flags/banners and tifo's. You just need to register them before a game

What about confetti? 

On 14/05/2021 at 9:21 PM, alexd said:

What about confetti? 

anytime 

On 14/05/2021 at 10:33 PM, GE942150 said:

Are their any plans to bring back tifos? More so for big games. We haven't had one in ages. 

well this is dependent on

a) the team pulling their finger out of their a$$ to warrant sleepless nights, investment of time and energy

b) suggestions, ideas, space etc to conduct one

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BigDukes said:

well this is dependent on

a) the team pulling their finger out of their a$$ to warrant sleepless nights, investment of time and energy

b) suggestions, ideas, space etc to conduct one

Ok may I address both a and b?

I suggest (see b) a tifo which says “pull yer fingers out you useless bunch of pricks”  (see a)

Edited by StringerBellend