Perth Glory vs Western Sydney Wanderers 16/05/2021 6:15PM

32 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Why rest them ?    we have been playing weekly games they should be able to handle that work load , they are professional soccer players who by now should be at peak fitness.

What we need is as much game time with mostly the same players (baring injury) to continue to develop their team work.

This, I agree with you...why rest them when the Sydney Derby is in 7 days from the game against Perth Glory? That's a big enough gap for them to rest.

It's just I feel Robinson will see the Sydney Derby it as a "must win" game despite the fact that every single game from now onwards in the regular season is a "must win" game anyway so he'll rest the more crucial players for the squad. Again, I could be wrong. 

Every single game is a big game now. At the pointy end of the season you don't rest anyone in the important games, you play your best squad, which includes the guys that are scheduled to be subbed on. 

Fitness is not an issue. Have glory under the pump, and towards the end of the game the age of their players and their mid week game is bound to show. 

15 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Match Day, I keep thinking it was only 3 games ago we were down 1-5 with 10 minutes to go against Victory.

Perth has always been a difficult place for Wanderers , lets hope that is not the case tonight and we continue the form of the last 2 games.

Combine that statement with Perth winning their last two including fornrolli finding his dead ball skills, despite hammering them at home a while back, some caution is urged here, as with WU cherish the pill and the chances will come.

WSW Squad: Margush, Aquilina, Natta, Ziegler, Gordon, Russell, Dorrans, Ugarkovic, Troisi, Duke, Kamau

Subs: McGowan, Ibini, Baccus, Mutch, Muller, McDonald, Kalac

Perth: Reddy, Ota, Lachman, Aspro, Geria, Bodnar, Timmins, Ikonomidis, Castro, Fornaroli, Keogh

Subs: Ingham, D'Agostino, Malik, Velaphi, Armiento, Chianese, Warland.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic