Happy Birthday Mr Keogh

11 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

Just wonder if the second was pre planned, Margush has a tendency to wander too far out into the wilderness sometimes, look not saying it's not worked for him a good few times with some timely interceptions but can't help feeling some coaches may be targeting that aspect of his play. 

Keogh said post game that he knew Margush tended to do it, looked out for it, and struck when he saw him so far out.

26 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Keogh said post game that he knew Margush tended to do it, looked out for it, and struck when he saw him so far out.

Starting with the Brisbane game back in April it was clearly a tactical choice to play higher up the park and have Margush run out of the box more.

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

One of the greatest footballers of all time Johan Cruyff said " you play football with your head, and your legs are their to help you." He learnt that as a 13 yr old in Holland. Keogh did his homework and instinctively carried it out on the field.  Maybe our player recruitment should give greater consideration to this area.

29 minutes ago, Ossified said:

One of the greatest footballers of all time Johan Cruyff said " you play football with your head, and your legs are their to help you." He learnt that as a 13 yr old in Holland. Keogh did his homework and instinctively carried it out on the field.  Maybe our player recruitment should give greater consideration to this area.

oops: " There to help you. 

How right you are Vedran Sunday night went like this at my place.

Said to wife after the first 2 goals , we are in for hiding here tonight , half time comes and goes and we pull one back 1-2 and pushing hard  , said to wife here we go we will win this , 5 minutes later penalty, glories first look into our half for 10 minutes and an effing penalty  gutted and back were I was at halftime 1-3, 1-4 more than gutted , 1-5 slitting wrists time, every time I think about this game I getting a sinking feeling in my gut.

It is like a roller coaster ride !!!!!!! 

On 17/05/2021 at 10:17 PM, Frankos187 said:

Duke did say post ESFC win that we played a formation we are comfortable with and/or more familiar with. Basically he believes 4231>352. Must be shitty to revert back to the crap and get pumped again.

We switched to 4 atb after it was 4-1 I believe and baccus was preferred to muller as an attacking outlet

Well, Duke is not wrong. He was brought up playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation with the Mariners and I'm pretty when he signed to Shimizu Pulse, they were also playing some games in a 4-2-3-1 formation (they did have some games in a 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-2 formation, but 4-2-3-1 was the most common formation). Then, he comes to the Wanderers and he has to adjust. 

I could make a full list of what's wrong with 5 or 3 at the back but I think we have witnessed for the last two seasons.

It seems Robinson is going to have Baccus play as an Attacking Midfielder a bit more till the end of the season. This means next season we'll see Dorrans and Ugarkovic be the first choice defensive midfielders with the likes of Mutch coming off the bench. 

Troisi and Baccus will be rotating in the attacking midfielder position.