22/05 Heartle$$ v Sea-Poachers
23/05 Smurfs v Wanderers
23/05 Melb Victory v Adelaide
23/05 Perth v Bullsh1tters
25/05 Brisbane v Heartle$$
26/05 Wanderers v Phoenix
Suspended: Sanchez

17 minutes ago, jockman said:

Plus its a Sh@thole of a place to watch football...

Possibly the worst place in the A-League to watch a game.

I was 50 - 50 whether to go. Ultimately I have decided not to. My previous experience there was crap.The only highlight was the standing ovation after Babbel was sent off. The shitty seats allocated to the RBB meant that I spent most of the match watching the big screen. I can do that at home, watching a better quality picture and not get hassled by dopey bastards at the top of the stairs asking to see my ticket everytime I return from the bar, food outlets or toilets. Walking to my fridge while waiting for a corner or free kick to be taken sounds far more inviting then dealing with Karen or her male equivilent at the ground.

Last week's result also didn't instill any enthusiasm to attend. It will only be the 3rd away derby I have missed in our history. Season 1 and the Kogarah win were the other two. Call me fickle, but I'm not travelling and paying to see a game at a shite ground that I already pay for and can watch at home on Fox, in comfort. I was actually far more keen to drive to Wollongong this season and did so.

2 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Yea I think that's beaten the Sydney derby at Bankwest. I am not sure of any other game hitting 20,000+ this season with COVID and nobody knowing what is happening.

#Nixin

Watching the mini replay now...what a brilliant crowd!

Where do all those people hide when the Nix play there usually??

54 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Possibly the worst place in the A-League to watch a game.

I was 50 - 50 whether to go. Ultimately I have decided not to. My previous experience there was crap.The only highlight was the standing ovation after Babbel was sent off. The shitty seats allocated to the RBB meant that I spent most of the match watching the big screen. I can do that at home, watching a better quality picture and not get hassled by dopey bastards at the top of the stairs asking to see my ticket everytime I return from the bar, food outlets or toilets. Walking to my fridge while waiting for a corner or free kick to be taken sounds far more inviting then dealing with Karen or her male equivilent at the ground.

Last week's result also didn't instill any enthusiasm to attend. It will only be the 3rd away derby I have missed in our history. Season 1 and the Kogarah win were the other two. Call me fickle, but I'm not travelling and paying to see a game at a shite ground that I already pay for and can watch at home on Fox, in comfort. I was actually far more keen to drive to Wollongong this season and did so.

This will be the second Sydney derby I have missed. The other was December 2017 for that 5-0 drubbing when i was in Hong Kong.

A rugby tackle on an attacking player without the ball in a scoring position... with an incoming ball...

Ref awards pen straight away... Var reviews and remember the review is meant for only Obvious Errors... 

For the sake of the league this decision should be reviewed... its the closest to the most obvious pen you can get..

AS for $City goal, most would say foul as he climbed all over his back and pushed the fullback out of the way... 

City will take some stopping in the finals I reckon.

Looking at the photos of them winning their first plate takes me back to that Good Friday April day up at Newcastle with officially 10k of us there, but it was more. Stood at the end with my son on my shoulders. I could sit on his ******* shoulders now! 

Should never have been this long between plates. Our 10 year anniversary of being created next year and if someone had told me that day that this would be our only domestic silverware in that time I would have told them they were ******* crazy lol

Ahhh well, happy times eh.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

No

They are forever Heartle$$ to me.

Just like any club of the City Football Group

:nono:

Hahaha...if you say so.

But they are great to watch, the club backed Patrick Kisnorbo, "a young guy from Mooney Ponds, and they didn't have to do that" (Kisnorbo's words last night), and HOPEFULLY,  might build from this. They were a bit of a laughing stock for years, but aren't any longer.

IDK...I say good luck to them.

SOMETHING needs to happen to keep the A League alive, and if it takes more clubs with backing like that... being successful and winning people over... well....:pardon:

19 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hahaha...if you say so.

But they are great to watch, the club backed Patrick Kisnorbo, "a young guy from Mooney Ponds, and they didn't have to do that" (Kisnorbo's words last night), and HOPEFULLY,  might build from this. They were a bit of a laughing stock for years, but aren't any longer.

IDK...I say good luck to them.

SOMETHING needs to happen to keep the A League alive, and if it takes more clubs with backing like that... being successful and winning people over... well....:pardon:

They have been threatening to do this for a few years now and finally cracked it. However despite a big advertising campaign only 8k turned up for their big night so they are not really appealing to new fans yet despite the failings of Victory and Western United being nomadic. For me they are still "The Melbourne team that isn't Victory".

3 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

They have been threatening to do this for a few years now and finally cracked it. 

Yes...they were "heartless", or had no self belief, but have learnt how to win now.

Sad to hear Jamo say "People say we have no fans...but look at them!" And yet there were only 8,000.

Their active support is getting better. Some were in tears at the end, according to Archie, so they are invested.

Surely if they remain winners, and assuming Victory picks  up next year, it gives football a chance to gain a bit more respect and credibility in AFL heartland to have serious competition between them?

Again...IDK, but I find nothing objectionable about them as a team.

😊😊