Football Media Discussion 3 (Goodbye Foxtel, Hello Paramount+)

I am not sure if Peacock would go to Paramount unless he does something like Speedy is with Olympics and Mel with Optus and Channel 7. Guess depends on how much work he has.

But yes out of that group would love Bozza but I have sneaky feeling Harper may make it on to Paramount +.

Again I put it out there for Daniel Georgevski to get on it or have some capacity around it.

17 hours ago, hughsey said:

Peacock is staying at Fox I’m assuming. He’s been doing interviews for the Ashes which I doubt would be the case if he were leaving as they won’t be shown til November at the earliest

Oh.  :(

On 19/07/2021 at 1:40 PM, wendybr said:

I will!

I will laugh soooo hard if they end up there!  :rofl:

If all three of them end up there, I will not definitely not buy it.  Maybe even with two, especially if its Harper and Slater, or Archie as a commentator god help us. Genuinely.

Edited by marron

That was my initial thought too, but why should I support this brand spanking new venture if they have no imagination and aren't willing to make it their own? Football =/= Fox.

I was looking forward to being able to listen to all the games again too.

5 hours ago, marron said:

That was my initial thought too, but why should I support this brand spanking new venture if they have no imagination and aren't willing to make it their own? Football =/= Fox.

I was looking forward to being able to listen to all the games again too.

To be honest I could hack most of the Fox team in small doses but the measure of the new venture will be if it's "Speedie-less"

On 13/07/2021 at 2:36 PM, Davo said:

A few other clubs replied the same day or the day after and we still have no reply from what I can see. WTF! Pull your finger out WSW, what you can't get deals like this for us and scout for players at the same time. *I'm looking at you JT* As I bet he is the kind of CEO that wants to have his hands on everything and needs to sign off on everything as well, just let your managers/team leaders do their job and whats best for the club and members.

A-League, W-League, FFA Cup and AFC Champions League content is set to expire at COB tomorrow (July 30) on Foxtel and Kayo. 

If anyone wants to watch the Fox produced doco on our ACL win, I recommend getting it in before then: https://kayosports.com.au/shows/show-wanderers-the-asian-champions!14153/season-2014!14156 

33 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Seven months of the best of Australian football will kick off on October 30, it was revealed today, as clubs, players and fans gear up for the launch of the game’s new home on Network 10 and Paramount+.

Kick off 30th October ???     Hopefully / Maybe /  Games In New South Wales  (Who Knows)

Will most likely be 50% capacity until high vaccination rates at the end of the year.

7 hours ago, DCWSW said:

The first FFA Cup game (currently scheduled for 11 August next Wednesday) will be on 10Play.

Looks like this will be postponed anyway