Football Media Discussion 3 (Goodbye Foxtel, Hello Paramount+)

17 hours ago, mack said:

Apparently there's glitch in the Apple Subscriptions for Paramount+ where you can sign up for a monthly trial and then go into Apple Subscriptions and get a year for $5.99.

Yep I did it yesterday and it worked. Got the confirmation email and Apple billed me for the $5.99. I just checked my subscriptions in my Apple ID and it still says I have the annual subscription but I can’t select that option anymore.

Seems like there a few issues with AFC champions league game and FFA cup game both started streaming with some delay not a good start.

BTW has anyone found issues with 10 app in general? For me it works ok although its a clunky app, however my parents seem to have issues in general playing anything from the app, the satellite is also not good for them for channel 10.

3 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Seems like there a few issues with AFC champions league game and FFA cup game both started streaming with some delay not a good start.

BTW has anyone found issues with 10 app in general? For me it works ok although its a clunky app, however my parents seem to have issues in general playing anything from the app, the satellite is also not good for them for channel 10.

If clunky means awkward to use, hard to find what I'm looking for, then same here. Although my unfamiliarity with the technology doesn't help.

It seems the only way I find out what football is on is by accident or a heads up on the forum.

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

If clunky means awkward to use, hard to find what I'm looking for, then same here. Although my unfamiliarity with the technology doesn't help.

It seems the only way I find out what football is on is by accident or a heads up on the forum.

Well the search is terrible, but then again none of the corporate channels (7, 9 or 10) have made a good app. 

But what what the old man is getting is just in general anything on the app won't play properly from "Have you been paying attention?" or even testing out any random show on channel 10, and they need to use the app because satellite isn't great in their area. If it wasn't for COVID I would drive up there to see what's going on.

On 15/09/2021 at 10:18 AM, Sithslayer1991 said:

Well the search is terrible, but then again none of the corporate channels (7, 9 or 10) have made a good app. 

But what what the old man is getting is just in general anything on the app won't play properly from "Have you been paying attention?" or even testing out any random show on channel 10, and they need to use the app because satellite isn't great in their area. If it wasn't for COVID I would drive up there to see what's going on.

They’re bloody useless. It’s rare I’ll get through a replay of a show without issues and they’re littered with so many ads now it’s worse than watching the normal broadcast.

12 hours ago, hughsey said:

They’re bloody useless. It’s rare I’ll get through a replay of a show without issues and they’re littered with so many ads now it’s worse than watching the normal broadcast.

Streaming services are even worse as they have the same number of ad breaks but a smaller selection of ads, so you see the same handful over and over again.

omg if I see that NRMA add one more time.....

I want to punch each of the stupid people standing where they broke down in the face.

Nearly missed the game? You're standing on the fence you ****wit.

DIN WE DARL? SHUT UP

Why did you walk away from your car in the middle of the outback you tool?

AND THAT IS THE WORST ATTEMPT AT ACTING AN INTERRUPTED SENTENCE I HAVE EVER SEEN

37 minutes ago, marron said:

omg if I see that NRMA add one more time.....

I want to punch each of the stupid people standing where they broke down in the face.

Nearly missed the game? You're standing on the fence you ****wit.

DIN WE DARL? SHUT UP

Why did you walk away from your car in the middle of the outback you tool?

AND THAT IS THE WORST ATTEMPT AT ACTING AN INTERRUPTED SENTENCE I HAVE EVER SEEN

We have had words before about your anger management issues...