Football Media Discussion 3 (Goodbye Foxtel, Hello Paramount+)

9 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Leave Lucy where she is. 

Where's Tara these days? A mum again?

Surely 10 can poach Mel from 7!

Mel would only come back if Rudan was gone from the local football scene.

Yes Tara's still involved at Fox, has recently resumed her role hosting MotoGP coverage. Otherwise, she doesn't do too much. 

Mel is front and centre on channel 7, I doubt she'd be moving back to Ten any time soon. 

21 hours ago, DCWSW said:

Yes Tara's still involved at Fox, has recently resumed her role hosting MotoGP coverage. Otherwise, she doesn't do too much. 

Mel is front and centre on channel 7, I doubt she'd be moving back to Ten any time soon. 

Plus Tara would be very keen to stay close with her husband Cooper Gronk 

43 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Perhaps he should stick to his Human Rights stuff as he's doing a great job there.....his football analysis would be too highbrow for C10

They won’t go for Lucy either, she’s “the thinking man’s Mel McLoughlin”

10 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Perhaps he should stick to his Human Rights stuff as he's doing a great job there.....his football analysis would be too highbrow for C10

I don't disagree with that. Too intense and serious, probably.

I'll be sorry to lose most of the Foxtel people.

I have no problem with any of them, nth.

1 hour ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

i think for what he's allegedly guilty of he shouldn't have a job in the public eye anyway, imo

**** I forgot about that.

I have time for Archie's onscreen personality, can I just clarify, is what I meant.

But no Wendy, sorry, he may have improved, but I find his struggle painful to listen to, like listening to a year 9 presentation by a student with the balls to think they can just get through it without having done any work but without the understanding that they can't.

11 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Hahaha...Fozzie and SBW were just on The Project again...advocating for the refugees to be allowed to go to NZ...as was offered some years ago.

He's almost a regular on there. :lol:

17 minutes ago, marron said:

But no Wendy, sorry, he may have improved, but I find his struggle painful to listen to, like listening to a year 9 presentation by a student with the balls to think they can just get through it without having done any work but without the understanding that they can't.

I think he's absolutely fine these days. He doesn't struggle, as he did in his first year commentating.

1 hour ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

i think for what he's allegedly guilty of he shouldn't have a job in the public eye anyway, imo

If I once knew what you're referring to, I've forgotten.

:search:

27 minutes ago, marron said:

**** I forgot about that.

I have time for Archie's onscreen personality, can I just clarify, is what I meant.

Sorry Wendy, but I agree with Marron.

Archie has, and always will, come across and an ill-informed and uneducated dope.

He has not improved at all. I'd rather Speed any day. At least he does some research, has some facts at hand, and actually knows a bit about what is happening in the A-League.

Archie just sounds like he turns up every week after watching the previous weeks games. 

You're a school teacher. Surely, even you can see that he can't even put a constructive, literate sentence together at the best of times?

Yes, he seems like a really lovely bloke with a great sense of humour but that doesn't make for great commentary.

29 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Sorry Wendy, but I agree with Marron.

Archie has, and always will, come across and an ill-informed and uneducated dope.

He has not improved at all. I'd rather Speed any day. At least he does some research, has some facts at hand, and actually knows a bit about what is happening in the A-League.

Archie just sounds like he turns up every week after watching the previous weeks games. 

You're a school teacher. Surely, even you can see that he can't even put a constructive, literate sentence together at the best of times?

Yes, he seems like a really lovely bloke with a great sense of humour but that doesn't make for great commentary.

Sorry WB, but I can't see how someone of his long A League playing experience, goal scoring prowess, and knowledge of numerous players,  whom he has played with, and personally knows (particularly re Victorian players) can be seen as ignorant.

He once lacked confidence, and bumbled along...for sure. But not recently

Apart from a grammar error or two ( no worse than Bozza, to be honest) he has become surprisingly articulate.

It was actually a topic of conversation here during a recent game....how Archie was surprisingly articulate now that he has gained more confidence. Not flawless. Not in the same league as Harps :lol:, but perfectly able to string a few sentences together.

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Sorry WB, but I can't see how someone of his long A League playing experience, goal scoring prowess, and knowledge of numerous players,  whom he has played with, and personally knows (particularly re Victorian players) can be seen as ignorant.

He once lacked confidence, and bumbled along...for sure. But not recently

Apart from a grammar error or two ( no worse than Bozza, to be honest) he has become surprisingly articulate.

It was actually a topic of conversation here during a recent game....how Archie was surprisingly articulate now that he has gained more confidence. Not flawless. Not in the same league as Harps :lol:, but perfectly able to string a few sentences together.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. My personal opinion is that Archie is the worst sub-commentator that Fox have ever had, and my opinion has nothing to do with the club he played for or his allegiances. He was actually fun at one of the Sydney FC derbies at half time when we started up the **** the Victory chant when Fox were doing their half time wrap behind the RBB. 

It's not just his grammar, nor sentence construction. His insight into the game is very poor. Imo.