Football Media Discussion 3 (Goodbye Foxtel, Hello Paramount+)

lots of players in the streaming world of sports, Kayo/Foxtel, Sportsflick,Optus Sports,Stan Sports, Bein Sports Paramount. Channel 9 going to spend big to get stan sports up and going but will a harder sell trying to get sport fans to get stan+ pay the xtra to get stan sports where as like kayo you can just get the sports channel only.

1 hour ago, tranquilo said:

lots of players in the streaming world of sports, Kayo/Foxtel, Sportsflick,Optus Sports,Stan Sports, Bein Sports Paramount. Channel 9 going to spend big to get stan sports up and going but will a harder sell trying to get sport fans to get stan+ pay the xtra to get stan sports where as like kayo you can just get the sports channel only.

Kayo is $25 Stan + Stan sports is still cheaper..

How long can Kayo charge $25 for, as they lose content. With each sport and event they lose that $25 looks more expensive 

I just sat through the end of the  early Ch 10 News, and then their main News broadcast.

I saw the Sports section of both.

Not  one mention of the A League grand final held yesterday!!

Pathetic!

I rang 10 to complain... "I thought you were  supposed to be the new home of the A League.... and yet there was not a single mention of the A League GF last night!"

:diablo::diablo:

28 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I just sat through the end of the  early Ch 10 News, and then their main News broadcast.

Pathetic!

I rang 10 to complaint... "I thought you were  supposed to be the new home of the A League.... and yet there was not a single mention of the A League GF last night!"

Settle down Wendy, early days :D

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

I just sat through the end of the  early Ch 10 News, and then their main News broadcast.

Pathetic!

I rang 10 to complaint... "I thought you were  supposed to be the new home of the A League.... and yet there was not a single mention of the A League GF last night!"

Do you really ring them, I love that, you should write a stern letter to the appropriate person 

Protest!

27 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Ahhh OK...the game would have been over by the time their News on the night was on.

Yep, I saw it myself. They also had coverage on ABC News online in the lead up to the game and post game (ABC Grandstand have also had a podcast for most of the season with Daniel Garb and Robbie Cornthwaite).

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Very worth while listening to even if he is the SFC CEO....

He tells how the deal was put together and many other aspects .... as I said very worth while listening to....

I feel like I have never felt before regarding our game....

This guy actually has plans to connect to both the player base and Football fans in general, via traditional media, IT, AI, .... its rare I am gobsmacked at listening to a Football official but this interview has ...

41 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Very worth while listening to even if he is the SFC CEO....

He tells how the deal was put together and many other aspects .... as I said very worth while listening to....

And hence why esfc has had so much success since Pignata left

Not confirmed, but it looks like Speedy might be calling the football at the Olympics. He was listed on Channel 7’s Olympic commentary team.

So i just opened the MyFootball app.

As usual, I got asked to buy a Telstra pass. It p***** me off as I am an Optus customer.

I wonder who will be running the app in future?