Jump to content

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar 30/05/2021 4:05PM


Recommended Posts

Squad: Margush, Wilmering, Tass, McGowan, Gordon, Aquilina, Baccus, Ugarkovic, Dorrans, Ibini, Kamau

Subs: Russell, Troisi, Mutch, Muller, Natta, McDonald, Kalac.

Link to post

So after that Nix/Perth draw the results we need (outside of teams beating the teams below them on the ladder) are:

  • WSW win tonight, preferably by 4 or more goals (lol)
  • Western United defeat Macarthur
  • WSW defeat Adelaide
  • Macarthur vs Wellington is a draw

So, still exceptionally unlikely. :woah:

Link to post
11 minutes ago, mack said:

So after that Nix/Perth draw the results we need (outside of teams beating the teams below them on the ladder) are:

  • WSW win tonight, preferably by 4 or more goals (lol)
  • Western United defeat Macarthur
  • WSW defeat Adelaide
  • Macarthur vs Wellington is a draw

So, still exceptionally unlikely. :woah:

WU have turned to complete mush...can't see them doing us any favours.

Link to post
Just now, StringerBellend said:

Why if you were Brisbane and assuming you watched our last game would you play a corner along the ground

If I were a Roar fan I would be filthy about that

Link to post
3 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

If I were a Roar fan I would be filthy about that

Yep here we go 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, mack said:

Well I didn't expect that.

Brisbane have been WIDE open down the middle. They have not been coping with through balls at all.

More goals in this for us.

Edited by Smoggy
Link to post

Baccus is heaps better as an AM. It means he can play to his best strength (creative distribution) whilst relieving his worst skills (tackling, positional play, game awareness).

He is also much more mobile and hardworking than Troisi.

Link to post

Unpopular opinion...and im not even happy with myself for coming to this conclusion. Did anyone else notice Dukes arrival coincided with our form slump? Ibini has  been horrid the whole time Duke was here. Watching Ibini play tonight he is much more active and looking dangerous. He is playing a totally different role to Duke. Duke is a God in my opinion but I'm wondering if his re-arrival unintentionally upset the dynamic of the team?

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Brisbane looks as dodgy in defence as we have all season.

Difference is they're doing it tonight, we're doing it all season. Roar have the equal best defence in the league. 

Link to post

Good first half by us......can we do it for 45min more....that's the big question. Deserved lead though.

Link to post
19 minutes ago, octa9ona11 said:

Unpopular opinion...and im not even happy with myself for coming to this conclusion. Did anyone else notice Dukes arrival coincided with our form slump? Ibini has  been horrid the whole time Duke was here. Watching Ibini play tonight he is much more active and looking dangerous. He is playing a totally different role to Duke. Duke is a God in my opinion but I'm wondering if his re-arrival unintentionally upset the dynamic of the team?

Wouldn't call it a slump, more of an inconsistency.

I dunno what happens training or behind  closed doors but I'm sure being king **** in one environment then returning to a completely different one in the same walls may have caused some ruffled feathers.

I dunno, just speculating.

I do think ibini was trash and actually started playing better when paired with duke 

Link to post
9 minutes ago, sonar said:

Good first half by us......can we do it for 45min more....that's the big question. Deserved lead though.

Suspected we might do ok today, and prob next week in Adelaide.

let’s see how second half goes but fancy us to win today.

Link to post

Duke I believe has gone back to Qatar, his sister got married last night and he wasn’t there it was suggested he has gone back ahead of his qualifying games 

27 minutes ago, octa9ona11 said:

Unpopular opinion...and im not even happy with myself for coming to this conclusion. Did anyone else notice Dukes arrival coincided with our form slump? Ibini has  been horrid the whole time Duke was here. Watching Ibini play tonight he is much more active and looking dangerous. He is playing a totally different role to Duke. Duke is a God in my opinion but I'm wondering if his re-arrival unintentionally upset the dynamic of the team?

 

Link to post

Apart from once or twice trying to be too cute, Baccus has been good at AM tonight. Although he needs to drift away from the front two and create more space when attacking.

Playing 3:5:2 Wilmering is completely wasted. He doesn't have the skill or attacking nouse to play the role. He's a bog standard left back at best. Most of our attack down the flanks has come down Acqualina's side. Good half time change from Robinson to bringer Tate on.

COYW!

Link to post
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...