Jump to content

UEFA EURO's 2020 (1)


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, pseudonym said:

 

 

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

To be fair..it isn't often sunny in the old country..

Actually, they aren't complaining about the sun. The shadows are caused by the stadium roof and walls!

Link to post

Good result for England although I’m not sure Southgate knew his best XI going into the tournament.

He put four RB’s in the squad, with Shaw and Chilwell the only specialist left backs. He then plays Trippier, a right footed RB, on the left, Shaw on the bench and Chilwell out of the side all together. I’ve heard arguments that he picked Trippier for his set pieces, but then doesn’t pick Grealish who runs at people and is one of the most fouled players in the Premier League.

Also Sterling got the goal but wasn’t that great otherwise. Kane was all over the place, dropping way too deep into midfield and not doing anything up top where he should be. No Sancho at all was a weird choice 

Man of the match for me was Phillips. The Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic midfield three is one of the better midfields in the tournament and picking a Bielsa player to charge around and hassle them was a good move. Good assist for the goal too.

England should get the job done against Scotland and the Czech’s (Scotland is a real banana peel game though as they’ll be up for it), but that would put them against the runner up of the group with France, Portugal and Germany. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s as far as they go. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Davo said:

Good result for England although I’m not sure Southgate knew his best XI going into the tournament.

He put four RB’s in the squad, with Shaw and Chilwell the only specialist left backs. He then plays Trippier, a right footed RB, on the left, Shaw on the bench and Chilwell out of the side all together. I’ve heard arguments that he picked Trippier for his set pieces, but then doesn’t pick Grealish who runs at people and is one of the most fouled players in the Premier League.

Also Sterling got the goal but wasn’t that great otherwise. Kane was all over the place, dropping way too deep into midfield and not doing anything up top where he should be. No Sancho at all was a weird choice 

Man of the match for me was Phillips. The Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic midfield three is one of the better midfields in the tournament and picking a Bielsa player to charge around and hassle them was a good move. Good assist for the goal too.

England should get the job done against Scotland and the Czech’s (Scotland is a real banana peel game though as they’ll be up for it), but that would put them against the runner up of the group with France, Portugal and Germany. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s as far as they go. 

England were fortunate they scored when they did, looked out of ideas and the crowd were shouting for Jack Grealish. I think Southgate was going to bring him on just when Stirling scored. Southgate will unleash Grealish soon, very creative player who brings a spark to the team.

Walker was poor, as was Stirling before the goal. England are a very talented side mind, they knock the ball around well and are patient also. Good enough to win the thing....no defiantly not...but a good side.

France are another level and would beat England within 90mins. I could see Germany and Portugal v England being very tight games.

England v Scotland will be tense and tight and I think Scotland are a real chance of an upset win. I am going for a draw there.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, EmMac said:

How good is VPN! :woah:

Yes! 
 

 

But sssshhhhhhhhhh...not too loud..don’t want the ****ers blocking it.

Link to post
Just now, Smoggy said:

Yes! 
 

 

But sssshhhhhhhhhh...not too loud..don’t want the ****ers blocking it.

Can they though? 

But yes okay, I'll keep my celebrating to a quiet happy dance :meep:

Link to post
3 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Can they though? 

But yes okay, I'll keep my celebrating to a quiet happy dance :meep:

Yes they can and do...many VPN providers have fallen away over the last 10 years. Some channels / media providers actively work to block VPN.

Never mention which provider you use in an open forum discussion ;)

 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Davo said:

 

That is crazy shyte. Keeper shouldn't be that far up mind. Once he is running towards goal with his back to the play anything decent on target is going to undo him.

Edited by Smoggy
Link to post

France v Germany not a classic. But Fance get the job done without getting out of 2nd gear.

Anyone but Germany and on that average performance you would say no chance of winning the comp. But never write off the Germans.

Link to post

If you are going to lose one, lose it to the championship favourites in your first up group game, still possible to go on and win it from here................... but i don't think they will.

Link to post

Germans will have to improve considerably if they are to reach the latter stages.....probably finish 3rd in their group so will be a danger in the round of 16 to one of the more favoured teams

Link to post
15 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Germans will have to improve considerably if they are to reach the latter stages.....probably finish 3rd in their group so will be a danger in the round of 16 to one of the more favoured teams

Yeah France were unlucky a few times where they completely opened the Germans up but got done by close (correct) offside calls. I also thought the one where Mbappe got in behind and Hummels made the tackle in the 77th minute should have been a penalty.

Germany will probably beat Hungary in the last game but if they lose to Portugal, my tip is that they will, then they'll only have 3 points and will probably need to run up the goal difference against Hungary to guarantee qualification from 3rd. Then it looks like they'd either play the winner of Group B (probably Belgium) or the winner of Group C (probably Austria or Netherlands).

Link to post
1 hour ago, Davo said:

 I also thought the one where Mbappe got in behind and Hummels made the tackle in the 77th minute should have been a penalty.

 

A League VAR would have given a pen there

Link to post
6 hours ago, Davo said:

Yeah France were unlucky a few times where they completely opened the Germans up but got done by close (correct) offside calls. I also thought the one where Mbappe got in behind and Hummels made the tackle in the 77th minute should have been a penalty.

Germany will probably beat Hungary in the last game but if they lose to Portugal, my tip is that they will, then they'll only have 3 points and will probably need to run up the goal difference against Hungary to guarantee qualification from 3rd. Then it looks like they'd either play the winner of Group B (probably Belgium) or the winner of Group C (probably Austria or Netherlands).

Sounds crazy..but Hungary v Germany has the potential for upset win.

Link to post
55 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Sounds crazy..but Hungary v Germany has the potential for upset win.

They managed to hang on for 84 mins against a very attacking Portugal side so they’re a chance. With a tournament format that lets the best third place finishers progress it means that even if they lose to France they still have something to play for against Germany.

Link to post
16 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

then reviewed it and reversed it !

I bet you're a happy boy this morning eh? ;)

I said it was farrrrrr too early to write off Wales after the opening draw. They have some spirit the Welsh side.

Italy up next but I suspect even they would progress even with defeat in the final game. They can go to Rome with confidence now.

 

Link to post

I wasn't really rating Italy coming into the tournament but they've been good. Don't think Turkey and Switzerland put up much of a fight but they still got the job done convincingly. The spine of Donnarumma, Bonucci, Chiellini (if he's not badly injured), Jorginho and Immobile is going to be a match for most teams, plus they have players with the quality of Chiesa coming off the bench.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...