Date: 03/06/21
Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:35PM
Round: 24
Competition: A-League Regular Season
Stadium: Hindmarsh Stadium

View full record

8 hours ago, Smoggy said:

We will prob destroy them and win 6-0.

Have to up those numbers a bit. Needs to be a minimum of 8-0 if Brisbane lose their next two games 1-0. But then we’d need Jets to beat glory... I don’t think Jets are capable of beating their meat let alone a decent football team

5-0. We're only 7 GD behind them, and they have to lose both which pulls it back to 5 behind, but we have a better goals for which I assume is the tiebreaker so a 5-0 win would leave us level after their two (hypothetical) 1-0 losses but we'd go through on the Goals Scored tiebreaker.

Assuming of course all the other results going our way.

Right now I'm hoping for the 3 points so we have the best chance of avoiding the 9th to 12th FFA cup play-offs because can this season end already.

I'd be happy if we can knock Adelaide out of the 6 so that diving pr!#k Mauk misses out on finals footy.

I hope Tass gets another start. Natta has been exceptional this season, his only weakness as I see it, is his lack of physical presence due to his light frame. He will undoubtedly put on some muscle mass over the next few years, and then, at his current trajectory should be looking for a transfer to Europe.

I think we should be looking at Tass on the other hand as our long term centre back. He has unfortunately missed out on development this season due to Natta's rise. I suspect that if we had been in a more comfortable position on the ladder throughout the season, Tass would have got more of a run.

21 minutes ago, JustWandering said:

I'd be happy if we can knock Adelaide out of the 6 so that diving pr!#k Mauk misses out on finals footy.

I hope Tass gets another start. Natta has been exceptional this season, his only weakness as I see it, is his lack of physical presence due to his light frame. He will undoubtedly put on some muscle mass over the next few years, and then, at his current trajectory should be looking for a transfer to Europe.

I think we should be looking at Tass on the other hand as our long term centre back. He has unfortunately missed out on development this season due to Natta's rise. I suspect that if we had been in a more comfortable position on the ladder throughout the season, Tass would have got more of a run.

Yes I think I agree that Tass has more physical presence than Natta and would love to see him start again.

25 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Brisbane could easily lost those two games. MacArthur to beat/draw with Wellington. It’s unlikely of course, but that +7 could easily be overcome with a win to us and two losses to Brisbane. Long odds, but I’ll put $5 on the games going our way and have one less beer.

You smoke the ******* good stuff!

I wonder which WSW team will show up tonight...and whether forumites will be flocking to the CR... Sackwatch Thread or elsewhere after the game?

6 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Brisbane could easily lost those two games. MacArthur to beat/draw with Wellington. It’s unlikely of course, but that +7 could easily be overcome with a win to us and two losses to Brisbane. Long odds, but I’ll put $5 on the games going our way and have one less beer.

Well. Maybe I should have just had that beer?

Actually we still want to win this one. As it happens because of the changes to FFA cup we need to finish top 8 to avoid a play off for qualification. Finishing 9th means we need to play a play off to gain entry into the FFA cup.

1 minute ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Actually we still want to win this one. As it happens because of the changes to FFA cup we need to finish top 8 to avoid a play off for qualification. Finishing 9th means we need to play a play off to gain entry into the FFA cup.

.....and we can put Adelaide under the pump because if we win and the Nix beat Macarthur then bye bye Adelaide on GD. After the smurfs Adelaide are the team I dislike the most......pissants.

5 minutes ago, sonar said:

.....and we can put Adelaide under the pump because if we win and the Nix beat Macarthur then bye bye Adelaide on GD. After the smurfs Adelaide are the team I dislike the most......pissants.

Actually yea channel the hate for Mauk. Do you really want that bloke celebrating????

• mack locked this topic