Scotland Football (Featuring Ange at Celtic)

On 16/08/2021 at 6:05 AM, Paul01 said:

Overnight Celtic beat Hearts. Celtic with 4-3-3 formation

Hibernians beat Kilmarnock (with one, Dylan McGowan playing DM) 2-0

Good choice.

He can't defend for s*it so it's best to have some backup and move him up the field.

9 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Ange got them up and running now. Celtic fans are now behind him based on the socials. Needs to secure Europa to keep the momentum already 2-0 from the first leg against AZ

I would suggest that beating Rangers would be more important in the game of winning hearts and minds

17 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Wise words from Ange whilst defending his Japanese striker yesterday, regarding the racism aimed at him by Rangers fans, well done Ange.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/football/ange-postecoglou-against-racism-celtic-football-club-japanese-player-kyogo-furuhashi/67fcd041-ed79-4eac-8b67-ba0d53569cd6

Typical Sevco, low-life shyte.

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Ange loses his first old firm clash, that is a big deal if you are a Celtic fan.

He won't want to be losing the next one!

His only saving grace was that it was the away Derby and they lost by a single goal

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

His only saving grace was that it was the away Derby and they lost by a single goal

Heard he buggered up his formation though.

I watched the whole thing, formation was fine, his striker missed a tap-in that was almost as bad as Simon Cox's miss after they'd dominated the game. Rangers goal came from poor defending at a corner, the guy that was best place to head away backed away from the ball for no apparent reason and let the rangers player attack the ball & score. Kyogo also made a mistake that would have gifted a tap-in as he shot from a wide angle rather than a cutback in the 85th that would have equalised, and after his team-mate went off on him because of it, the next chance he got he did a cut back instead of shooting when the shot was the better option.

Wouldn't say they were unlucky, they had the run of the first half then came back in toward the end after Rangers took charge in the second, but they couldn't take the chances they created and that cost them.

On 21/08/2021 at 4:24 PM, MathyouWSW said:

Good choice.

He can't defend for s*it so it's best to have some backup and move him up the field.

Similar to why I preferred Brendan Hammil at Right Back to Centre Back, just get him further away from the goal 

I watched the Old firm live... Celtic could have easily have gotten a point from that one. The first half by their striker was could easily have been miss of the season and Ange moved Kyogo out wide which a mistake he admitted. But once Ange put Kyogo down the middle in the last 20 minutes it was all Celtic and Kyogo had 2 brilliant chances to equalise on another day would have salvaged a point. Ange needs to bring either a new striker to back up Kyogo or needs a CB to steady the ship at the back. Looks like its an Achilles hill of the squad.

Ange will need to win the return leg in January, but it looks like the fans are behind him for now I think they recognise they are going through a massive overhaul of the team. Regardless Ange has them playing a lot better than we he first started.

I watched that game as well. Celtic looked to have a good structure and knocked the ball around nicely in the first half. Missed a sitter and made the difference as Rangers much stronger in the second and just about deserved their win. Still early days but I can see a very competitive SPL this season so Ange will have his work cut out.

Our striking options for Socceroos are literally Taggart and Maclaren so yes Dykes is one that got away. Since Josh Kennedy retired we haven't really had a striker we had Cahill as make shift during the Ange period and Juric was on and off. But there is no depth there for a striker.

Personally though I think Dykes is about the same as Maclaren or Taggart so its not a massive loss. 

If i have my facts straight here :excl: Mariners (or Roar?) turned him away so he went to the other side of the world (scottish family ties) and Queen of the South took a chance on him, now leading the line with QPR riding high in the championship, easy to opt for the Jocks when they're backing you and living there i suppose.