A-League 2020/21 Finals Discussion

Dinner going in the oven soon....

Ready by say 5:15, eat and drink .... 5:45....

Pack the woolie's, beanie ...

Hope in the car 5:50 and off to the game...

Gosford at 6:05, park car ... walk to stadium....

At Stadium around 6:10 to 6:15 .....

Buy a beer, maybe 2 0r 7 or 9....

Hoping for a big crowd...

COYY...

• mack changed the title to A-League 2020/21 Finals Discussion

Would love too see a Mariners win, Simon and Milligan send offs 

And send Milicic packing 

5 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

We sing for yellow. 

Well done cheese on toasties.

You Muppets. 

Was thinking the same thing. :D

Oh goodie I have to hope that either City or Adelaide can stop the Axis of Evil winning the championship :rolleyes:

... :nono:

*Axis of Evil = Sydney, Brisbane and Macarthur 

3 minutes ago, mack said:

Mariners gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Terrible match from them.

Have to admit I thought the goal they scored should of been allowed. The Bulls played at it.....anyway it is what it is. The Bulls take on City next.

Just now, sonar said:

Have to admit I thought the goal they scored should of been allowed. The Bulls played at it.....anyway it is what it is. The Bulls take on City next.

The way the A-League "interprets" the line about "deliberately playing at the ball" is imo, incorrect (IFAB says it is any deliberate action unless it's saving a goal, A-League considers a deliberate block by a defender not to count as deliberate), but they have consistently used that wrong interpretation so at least they aren't changing their mind on the night.

Feel sorry for the Mariners. They've had a great season tbh. Good crowd tonight in Gosford so it was good for the A-League.

Would have much preferred them to win then those ******* cowbell ringing hicks from somewhere south west of us.

Posted (edited)

Tonight, showed how important Olly or similar is to our side… or any team for that matter that has such a young back line….and midfield…

I honestly through in the first half the kids got stage fright… big crowd, electric atmosphere, we failed to hold the ball… panic passing and down our right side we looked very suspect a better side would have put us to the sword especially in the first half…

The situation called for a clam leader, directing play and positions…. Sadly, Matty lost it and became emotional and while some see passion, HHHHmmmm its OK…. if you not captain and responsible for directing play and getting everyone back in the grove. Yelling and screaming at the ref does not get players into the game….

The second leader in the backs was on Socceroo call up, and he was missed as well…

Second half we seemed to be back to our old selves… however we lacked the skill to break them down, giving  away way to much ball in and around their box…..

Through we should have got a pen but alas the Football gods saw differently…

TWAS disappointed tonight our forwards often did not seem in position when balls came across their goal….

Stens, IMO had the best game tonight he has ever played for us and without him in the first half in particular we would have been history by half time….

If we can hold the side together and add a little to it we should do well next year, but Olly, Nizzy, Stens & Rowles will be sort by other clubs… I hope we can use this as a building year…

Disappointed in how many Cows fans showed up and does make you wonder if they were the right team to choose for the expansion….

Edited by Midfielder

I was expecting a much larger turnout from the Bulls supporters.....looked like their Active support was as big as normal but as for momentum amongst non active supporters it's non existant

35 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

I was expecting a much larger turnout from the Bulls supporters.....looked like their Active support was as big as normal but as for momentum amongst non active supporters it's non existant

The legacy of fox sports two expansion clubs hardly anyone cares about

• mack locked this topic