Squad Development 2021/22

44 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Not interested in talk, anyone can talk bullshyte performance KPI targets and make it sound like you know what you are doing, just want results on the pitch where is matters. That is where everything is judged of course.

....and that is the bottom line isn't it. While our recruitment so far seems a bit blah I'm happy to wait and see what happens. 

I would not say blah we have Hamed but. He will need good quality help ,

issue is we have tried to get or reported to try and get ,

Rukavista

ikonomidis

someone from adelaide

Antonis 

what have we got zilch, nada,  nut in , why ?

but maybe The team of duds running WSW think because of COVID they could save some money as we may not see a league start until a lot later than planned.

As is being hinted we might be well into September before we are released from this lockdown so the Sydney teams may not have had a training session until then.
It will be a long time after that before we see crowds attending so it might be worth delaying the membership payment until things become clearer.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Yes I have matee yes I have to all the above and yes I have been to all those effin meetings where he sat up on his seat did a poor job of imitating Scomo, yes I have done it all mateee and let me say his record for returning phone calls is abysmal , he needs to go and along with it a good healthy clean out.

Try comparing Tatsamis to FC’s Townsend 

both CEO’s chalk and cheese

The club signed every player CR asked for and we finished 8th 

1 hour ago, Carns said:

Agree with everything you've said, but on this, they inherited Popa in charge. He was already calling the shots in the football department. And since he left, it's been nothing but a rolling disaster. And zero accountability for those who've been involved in every major decision for the club.

It started going downhill while Popa was here 

The borda Jumpei season was the start of the rot 

Gorman going was bad 

Edited by StringerBellend
9 hours ago, Keithie said:

Yes I have matee yes I have to all the above and yes I have been to all those effin meetings where he sat up on his seat did a poor job of imitating Scomo, yes I have done it all mateee and let me say his record for returning phone calls is abysmal , he needs to go and along with it a good healthy clean out.

Try comparing Tatsamis to FC’s Townsend 

both CEO’s chalk and cheese

I didn't know that we are mates. I am actually quite selective when picking the people I mingle with. 

I get the distinct impression that you don't like the guy much who head hunted CR, and supported him signing 12 players last season.  

CR made us believe that he had players lined up, that announcements were imminent. Right now that doesn't appear to be the case, and you've decided to pick on someone higher up the food chain.

So far CR has been all talk. At this stage it appears that Lederer and JT have fallen for a second hand car sales man who is giving a football manager impersonation. 

I am looking forward to seeing the manager this season who's ambition it is to coach in England and ultimately coach the Welsh NT.

10 hours ago, Keithie said:

I have said my piece there is something poisoning this club and I believe it Starts with Tatsamis he has no passion for this club he comes to work does the bare minimum and goes home , get him out !!!!!

So who hired him? Who decides whether he stays or goes? Who decides how much money the club spends on a particular player? Who decides what Coach the club employs? You need to talk to someone higher if you want him out, and that someone higher needs to accept some responsibility for the situation the club is currently in. 

10 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

To be fair...how much can CR do in lockdown. The three year plan may have to be extended to five years. 🤪😭😷

So we go down in quality at the same rate as the quality of the overall comp. And so still end up 7th downwards in an increasingly shyte comp...

Awesome..

25 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Needs more adds with CR talking about how amazing we are...

They played THAT add at a cinema I went to back in April, nearly choked on my ******* popcorn...

Refresh my memory: what's a cinema? Is it something to eat, or some place one used to go to watch crap movies? I can't remember. 

49 minutes ago, Ossified said:

So who hired him? Who decides whether he stays or goes? Who decides how much money the club spends on a particular player? Who decides what Coach the club employs? You need to talk to someone higher if you want him out, and that someone higher needs to accept some responsibility for the situation the club is currently in. 

Lederer 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

I didn't know that we are mates. I am actually quite selective when picking the people I mingle with. 

I get the distinct impression that you don't like the guy much who head hunted CR, and supported him signing 12 players last season.  

CR made us believe that he had players lined up, that announcements were imminent. Right now that doesn't appear to be the case, and you've decided to pick on someone higher up the food chain.

So far CR has been all talk. At this stage it appears that Lederer and JT have fallen for a second hand car sales man who is giving a football manager impersonation. 

I am looking forward to seeing the manager this season who's ambition it is to coach in England and ultimately coach the Welsh NT.

Lol dead right I am extremely selective so that why I used the word Matee , bit slow hey !

2 hours ago, FCB said:

At this stage it appears that Lederer and JT have fallen for a second hand car sales man who is giving a football manager impersonation.

Considering their track record with management recruitment (Gombau, Babbel, JP and CR) perhaps it is time they accept that they don't know what they're doing and leave it up to someone with a football background. Maybe someone who has played and/or coached at a decent level i.e. a technical director.

Didn't Lederer state he wouldn't employ one?

54 minutes ago, Carns said:

Considering their track record with management recruitment (Gombau, Babbel, JP and CR) perhaps it is time they accept that they don't know what they're doing and leave it up to someone with a football background. Maybe someone who has played and/or coached at a decent level i.e. a technical director.

Didn't Lederer state he wouldn't employ one?

Gavin Costello is the General Manager Football Operations, I wonder how much involvement he has in all the points raised in above posts.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Lol dead right I am extremely selective so that why I used the word Matee , bit slow hey !

Your selective on blame too

At this point CR has done nothing to show that he is better than Gumby, Babbel or JP 

In fact he’s been worse 

Team Gumby can argue that he never got his own tram 

Tram Babbel can argue that he wasn’t really backed with signings and had to rely on kids 

CR signed 12 players 2 with EPL experience another with Spl and 2 Socceroos yet finished 8th

Not sure  JT can be blamed for getting CR  everything he wanted 

As for signings maybe you have insight I don’t but I don’t know where it has fallen down is JT and PL not getting CRs targets or CR not identifying targets?

Ikonomidis was always a long shot after Popa went in for him

Ruka was never realistic 

Antonis leg has fallen off again (can’t blame CR or JT for that)

I doubt JT made CR play a stupid formation with players out of position and use our last foreign spot on a unfit English midfielder and then not play him 

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Your selective on blame too

At this point CR has done nothing to show that he is better than Gumby, Babbel or JP 

In fact he’s been worse 

Team Gumby can argue that he never got his own tram 

Tram Babbel can argue that he wasn’t really backed with signings and had to rely on kids 

CR signed 12 players 2 with EPL experience another with Spl and 2 Socceroos yet finished 8th

Not sure  JT can be blamed for getting CR  everything he wanted 

As for signings maybe you have insight I don’t but I don’t know where it has fallen down is JT and PL not getting CRs targets or CR not identifying targets?

Ikonomidis was always a long shot after Popa went in for him

Ruka was never realistic 

Antonis leg has fallen off again (can’t blame CR or JT for that)

I doubt JT made CR play a stupid formation with players out of position and use our last foreign spot on a unfit English midfielder and then not play him 

who are the 12 players he signed? and out of the ones signed i reckon most were the club signing them.

he wouldve requested ibini, troisi, dorrans, mutch and got ugarkovic at the end of season. the rest id go out on a limb and say the club went for those players. (kamau, duke, ziggy, etc)

I think the dirty dozen have gone missing , Bellend can you list them or is it a gross exaggeration ,

I think what you blokes have missed is in the last five years name the very good Aussies that have come here and name how many haven’t  

I think we made a play for Bratten I thing we made play for Vucovic I think we made after play for Antonis I think we made a play Ikonomedis before he went to Perth. 

but we did get Troisi and Ugarhovic we did get Duke but he was more interested in being in England we did get McGowan 

we have stench that has been around Long before Carl and Kenny came along 

3 minutes ago, Keithie said:

I think the dirty dozen have gone missing , Bellend can you list them or is it a gross exaggeration ,

I think what you blokes have missed is in the last five years name the very good Aussies that have come here and name how many haven’t  

I think we made a play for Bratten I thing we made play for Vucovic I think we made after play for Antonis I think we made a play Ikonomedis before he went to Perth. 

but we did get Troisi and Ugarhovic we did get Duke but he was more interested in being in England we did get McGowan 

Then along came Carl and Kenny and the stench is still here, in fact it's become slightly worse.

4 hours ago, Robvad10 said:

who are the 12 players he signed? and out of the ones signed i reckon most were the club signing them.

he wouldve requested ibini, troisi, dorrans, mutch and got ugarkovic at the end of season. the rest id go out on a limb and say the club went for those players. (kamau, duke, ziggy, etc)

What a strange defence of CR?

He was the manager what makes you think he didn't want or select Duke, Ziggy or Kamau? Of course he is accountable  for the decision to sign those  three

But lets for a moment go with it, and assume that JT and Ledderer signed them and forced them into CRs squad without CRs ok.

If that's the case then CR is even worse than I thought as lets face it they are the only three signings who you can really say were a success (or at least three of the four).

By your logic

CRs signings

Ibini - massive disappointment, hopefully comes good next year but largely looked disinterested this year  

Triosi - Looks past it, odd good game but nowhere near enough

Dorrans - Solid season, would have expected more from our top foreign signing, as he did really dominate, but still sold enough, Not here next year though.

Mutch - By the time he got fit, the season was almost over, even then CR didn't play him (the player he signed with our last visa spot)

Urgarkovic - I think he'll be ace but too early to tell

JT signings that CR didn't approve*

- Ziggy - our best defender and one player who tried his arse off every week

- Kamau - Player of the season, top goal scorer, earned a spot to Europe out of it

- Duke - Other than Kamau our best attacking threat

* CR is the manager, he did approve them, but if he didn't and signed the other lot, then we should get JT to do our recruitment

Other for the 12

Margush - did well as young keeper can't defend corners - pretty sure CR signed him

Scott McDonald - apart from one goal in a derby nothing much to report there

Lesios melbourne Kid - first signing under CR never used

@Keithie I'm at 11,

Pretty sure he gave contract renewals to Grozos (at start of season could be wrong), Aquilna and Natta but even all of that is wrong 11 out of 12.

CR was given more than any manager

2 hours ago, Keithie said:

see above I can name 11, without going to the effort of searching

Although apparently the three best ones he didn't even know about

Edited by StringerBellend
18 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

see above I can name 11, without going to the effort of searching

Although apparently the three best ones he didn't even know about

Noah James was #12

In CR's first presser, Lederer made a point of saying that CR had been given total control of all matters of football at the club. Effectively he is sporting director, manager, and coach. He is an even more powerful manager than Popa was.

Everything that happens around the HAL side starts and stops with CR.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic