Squad Development 2021/22

2 hours ago, Keithie said:

Has it got worse please explain examples of how you think it has got worse Ossified and how Carl and Kenny have caused it 

When one considers the disjointed previous season with Babel and JPD. Carl and Kenny had a full season to display their wares there should have been a big improvement...there wasn't. 

14 minutes ago, Ossified said:

When one considers the disjointed previous season with Babel and JPD. Carl and Kenny had a full season to display their wares there should have been a big improvement...there wasn't. 

I don't know whether that is an indication of CR's coaching limitations or the depth of the club's cultural/mentality failings. I hope it's the latter and CR gets a much better turnaround this coming season. 

14 minutes ago, Ossified said:

You are clearly not appreciating the massive improvements that were made in the last season.

8 Western Sydney Wanderers 26 9 8 9 45 43 +2 35

9 Western Sydney Wanderers 26 9 6 11 35 40 −5 33

Looking at the figures, it is fairly obvious which one was the MB/JP season, and which one the CR one. 
1 minute ago, FCB said:

You are clearly not appreciating the massive improvements that were made in the last season.

Looking at the figures, it is fairly obvious which one was the MB/JP season, and which one the CR one. 

That's well grim

We did manage to score way more goals +10 but we conceded more too another 3 so a +7 turn around in GD earned us two extra draws 

12 new players in for that

And on our transfer woes this season

Antonis - can't blame JT or CR for his leg falling off again

Ikonomidis - was always going to Victory we were used to drive the price up

Ruka - was that ever more than a tweet from an ex-journo, he wasn't coming back

On the positives Williams and Hemed are good signings

If Antonis, Ikonomisis and Ruka was the plan it was a pretty high risk and not particularly creative plan 

8 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I don't know whether that is an indication of CR's coaching limitations or the depth of the club's cultural/mentality failings. I hope it's the latter and CR gets a much better turnaround this coming season. 

I think it may be a combination of both and We're all hoping for a big turnaround, many if not all supporters are at their wits end, seriously, how much more of this can loyal supporters take? 

9 minutes ago, FCB said:

But, but 8th out of 12 is so much better than 9th out of 11!

3 minutes ago, Ossified said:

I think it may be a combination of both and We're all hoping for a big turnaround, many if not all supporters are at their wits end, seriously, how much more of this can loyal supporters take? 

I'm not at my wits end so only many supporters.  Unless of course my wit is shorter than I think it is.

Maybe this post is an indication? 

Edited by Edinburgh
1 minute ago, Ossified said:

My mehness levels are pretty high at the minute with the squad so far. As pointed out above Hemed and Williams are ok signings. I'm past getting hyped up and would rather see what is delivered on the field when the competition starts then rumours in a squad thread that did or didn't happen.

I'm not confident that CR will deliver if last season is a guide but as always it's really a wait and see thing as it is with all teams. Will always be red and black though whatever happens. 

30 minutes ago, Ossified said:

So, do we auto-renew our memberships and trust them to strengthen the squad, or do we tell them to get ****ed after years of failure?

I'm leaning towards the latter, because I said the same thing last season, trusted and had hope that things would turn around. I auto renewed, and was dished up the same old ****.

How many years of this shite can we continually be forking out OUR hard earned for.? 

I'm construction industry, currently stood down, and not eligible for a govt grant to subsidize my substantial loss of income. Well, (substantial to me anyway), to keep me alive and kicking.

Yet, I get the generic "auto-renewal" email the other day, stating dates that my account will be debited, yet nothing more than a (we value your continued membership) standard statement, and a last option to opt out.

I'm sort of glad that we haven't yet had one of those ******* generic propaganda emails from Lederer or JT so far this off season, that promises success and mentions shite like big club stuff, academy and new stadium, although I suspect one is coming when membership renewals don't reach the numbers that they hope. 

The place is run by monkeys, and I'm seriously considering not being their banana this season. I'm sick of being chewed up and spat out. 

Edited by Wanderboy

I've also opted out from autopay. The same reason as last season. The uncertainty of if and when the competition will go ahead. I've heard nothing of a starting date from the FFA.  Also should we not be able to complete or attend the full amount of games from a membership perspective... where do we stand in regards to the payment that we made.

48 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

So, do we auto-renew our memberships and trust them to strengthen the squad, or do we tell them to get ****ed after years of failure?

I'm leaning towards the latter, because I said the same thing last season, trusted and had hope that things would turn around. I auto renewed, and was dished up the same old ****.

How many years of this shite can we continually be forking out OUR hard earned for.? 

I'm construction industry, currently stood down, and not eligible for a govt grant to subsidize my substantial loss of income. Well, (substantial to me anyway), to keep me alive and kicking.

Yet, I get the generic "auto-renewal" email the other day, stating dates that my account will be debited, yet nothing more than a (we value your continued membership) standard statement, and a last option to opt out.

I'm sort of glad that we haven't yet had one of those ******* generic propaganda emails from Lederer or JT so far this off season, that promises success and mentions shite like big club stuff, academy and new stadium, although I suspect one is coming when membership renewals don't reach the numbers that they hope. 

The place is run by monkeys, and I'm seriously considering not being their banana this season. I'm sick of being chewed up and spat out. 

Didn’t renew last season and no regrets. It doesn’t make me happy of course, I would much rather put my hard earned in to the club and see the value for that.

I know some here see the no break in membership since foundation as a badge of honour, and fair play if that floats your boat. It’s something to hang on to if you like that kind of thing.

I think it is a Middlesbrough thing. If the quality isn’t there then no cash. But loyalty will remain as a supporter.

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

What a strange defence of CR?

He was the manager what makes you think he didn't want or select Duke, Ziggy or Kamau? Of course he is accountable  for the decision to sign those  three

But lets for a moment go with it, and assume that JT and Ledderer signed them and forced them into CRs squad without CRs ok.

If that's the case then CR is even worse than I thought as lets face it they are the only three signings who you can really say were a success (or at least three of the four).

By your logic

CRs signings

Ibini - massive disappointment, hopefully comes good next year but largely looked disinterested this year  

Triosi - Looks past it, odd good game but nowhere near enough

Dorrans - Solid season, would have expected more from our top foreign signing, as he did really dominate, but still sold enough, Not here next year though.

Mutch - By the time he got fit, the season was almost over, even then CR didn't play him (the player he signed with our last visa spot)

Urgarkovic - I think he'll be ace but too early to tell

JT signings that CR didn't approve*

- Ziggy - our best defender and one player who tried his arse off every week

- Kamau - Player of the season, top goal scorer, earned a spot to Europe out of it

- Duke - Other than Kamau our best attacking threat

* CR is the manager, he did approve them, but if he didn't and signed the other lot, then we should get JT to do our recruitment

Other for the 12

Margush - did well as young keeper can't defend corners - pretty sure CR signed him

Scott McDonald - apart from one goal in a derby nothing much to report there

Lesios melbourne Kid - first signing under CR never used

@Keithie I'm at 11,

Pretty sure he gave contract renewals to Grozos (at start of season could be wrong), Aquilna and Natta but even all of that is wrong 11 out of 12.

CR was given more than any manager

I’m not defending him but the whole culture of this club is rotten but ultimately it falls on CR.

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

I say the same thing each year and somehow I keep renewing but this is the last time (again).

8 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Footy aside I hope you are ok, it’s  tough at moment especially in construction

12 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Didn’t renew last season and no regrets. It doesn’t make me happy of course, I would much rather put my hard earned in to the club and see the value for that.

I know some here see the no break in membership since foundation as a badge of honour, and fair play if that floats your boat. It’s something to hang on to if you like that kind of thing.

I think it is a Middlesbrough thing. If the quality isn’t there then no cash. But loyalty will remain as a supporter.

Just to say that its not necessarily because of on the pitch. I have renewed Boro season tickets in very dark times.

I don't like the feeling i am being taken for a ******* ride that I get with this club lol That is the reason.

Edited by Smoggy
1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Was reported a week or 2 ago Duke wouldn't return this season.

True.. but until he signs for a new club I’d guess we are an option 

my point was watching the olyroos game last night I’d have him over ikonomidis he’s not as quick or skilful, but he leads, puts in huge effort and is a very smart player 

it will be a shame that he’ll just be remembered here for a couple of cameo seasons and maybe coming back when past it 

we should be building a team round him 

9 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

True.. but until he signs for a new club I’d guess we are an option 

my point was watching the olyroos game last night I’d have him over ikonomidis he’s not as quick or skilful, but he leads, puts in huge effort and is a very smart player 

it will be a shame that he’ll just be remembered here for a couple of cameo seasons and maybe coming back when past it 

we should be building a team round him 

Honestly couldn't agree with you more, I just personally can't see it happening.

He had an amazing performance last night and didn't get enough credit for it.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic