Squad Development 2021/22

Duke to the smurfs did cross my mind. An opportunity to came back home to his family, likely to be competing for titles, Arnie is his ear while they’re away at the olympics, etc. 

Given his history as our captain I’d be surprised if he did it.

2 minutes ago, Davo said:

Duke to the smurfs did cross my mind. An opportunity to came back home to his family, likely to be competing for titles, Arnie is his ear while they’re away at the olympics, etc. 

Given his history as our captain I’d be surprised if he did it.

Mmmmm....tbh I wouldn't........ a big FU to CR. ?

Edited by sonar

Only one thing matters money and whoever's paying there playing.

Edited by WHACKO

What the f(@ck is the club doing, whilst every other  club is busy recruiting?

We've signed 2 ...

We're needing to replace several who have left.

We'll end up getting crappy journeymen who's best years are well and truly behind.

All quiet on the western front.

:crap:

26 minutes ago, sonar said:

Mmmmm....tbh I wouldn't........ a big FU to CR. ?

And a big FU to the loyal fans but then again, a footballers life is short and as they say, "Money talks and bu11$h1t walks".

After Rooney to Man U, player movements don’t surprise me anymore 

but come on Mitch

Edited by StringerBellend
2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Agreed, hopefully our big plan to sign Mitch Austin comes to fruition in silence.

Could be worse we could have signed elvis Kamsoba 

I am hoping - expecting - something interesting. There are murmurings, nothing more, just tantalising murmurings.

On SFC and the Duke. Where would they fit him?  Is he supposed to compete with Bobo and Alfie, along with Barbarous - and they just resigned Buhagier? Would they consider him a replacement for Ivanovic? Where would the salary space come from? Simply doesn't stack up.  Now watch me eat my words!

I am a big fan of Duke's play but...

He was unhappy at his last club because he thought they played him out of position.  He's unhappy with us because the coach didn't give his friend a lot of game time and because he doesn't like the formation.  

Could be that he is a little hard to please.

28 minutes ago, iamwesternsydney said:

Bulls might sign Duke, he is from Liverpool and they seem to be signing everyone else, plus him and Juric pretty good combo

Liverpool has nothing to do with Macarthur. It's closer to Parramatta. 

They don't represent the south west, they're simply just Campbelltown and surrounding suburbs. 

1 minute ago, coachcarter said:

I am a big fan of Duke's play but...

He was unhappy at his last club because he thought they played him out of position.  He's unhappy with us because the coach didn't give his friend a lot of game time and because he doesn't like the formation.  

Could be that he is a little hard to please.

I'm a fan of him as well but to paraphrase a popular song from the 70's............Ego IS a dirty word,,,?......or........too many egos spoil the broth....? :D

3 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

I am hoping - expecting - something interesting. There are murmurings, nothing more, just tantalising murmurings.

On SFC and the Duke. Where would they fit him?  Is he supposed to compete with Bobo and Alfie, along with Barbarous - and they just resigned Buhagier? Would they consider him a replacement for Ivanovic? Where would the salary space come from? Simply doesn't stack up.  Now watch me eat my words!

The words I heard were “new talent”, “winners” to create a winning culture instead of passengers, having a “vocal leader” on the pitch, playmaker is a priority. Defence needs fixing. 

4 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

I have no idea what is transpiring but a mate, who knows a mate (you know the story except the 2nd mate does have access closer to inner circles...) says they are working very hard on something significant - details to be sorted??!!  I just hope that this is something real and emerging and very soon!!

Hey thats better than nothing, everything has gone quiet after the Ikonimidis deal.

On 24/07/2021 at 12:29 PM, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

If Duke's can continue building on his first Olympic performance I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few European or Asian clubs looking at him.

Don't see him coming back to us until Robinson is gone. On top of other struggles, it seemed he didn't enjoy the style of play and formation that Robinson persisted with.

He’s done Asia twice with mixed success, I’m guessing he’ll be very careful of oil league offers 

1 hour ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

I have no idea what is transpiring but a mate, who knows a mate (you know the story except the 2nd mate does have access closer to inner circles...) says they are working very hard on something significant - details to be sorted??!!  I just hope that this is something real and emerging and very soon!!

In one of the press conferences when CR was even more talkative than usual he twice said something about “massive” developments at the club behind the scenes. We’ll know soon enough what he meant.

1 hour ago, FCB said:

The words I heard were “new talent”, “winners” to create a winning culture instead of passengers, having a “vocal leader” on the pitch, playmaker is a priority. Defence needs fixing. 

Words I head was three year plan… mentality… not my fault…

2 minutes ago, FCB said:

In one of the press conferences when CR was even more talkative than usual he twice said something about “massive” developments at the club behind the scenes. We’ll know soon enough what he meant.

A massive development and I’m not talking about my chopper 

*said in my best Mike from the young ones voice