Squad Development 2021/22

38 minutes ago, Keithie said:

I think Antonis will have plenty of time to recover from his injury , with the lockdown and little progress in reducing numbers (add the f$&@ wits protest Saturday) can’t see us out of lock up until at the best end of September so the A league will struggle to start in October. Unless we have like last year where the Melbourne’s had a lot of catch up games later in the season.

If lock down ends in September than an end of October start shouldn't be an issue. 

Edited by GE942150
5 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

What 3 positions do we target for the foreign spots?

For me CB, AM and ST if Antonis is used as DM.

Do we need another foreign striker if we have Hemed? Guess it depends on whether he insists on playing the formation. Another attacker like a winger or just a forward is a good call. Definitely an attacking mid.

Last spot, I'm reasonably happy with either Natta or Tass partnering Williams (and we've got Ziggy for CB or RB). But again, if he's sticking with the formation then another experienced CB is probably required.

1) Ugarkovic for Mutch

2) Traore for DG

3) Ramy for Grozos

4) Hemed for Cox/Duke/Scotty Mc

5) Koutroumbis (TBC) for Ziegler

6) Williams for McGowan

7) Antonis for Baccus

____

8) 3rd import for Mueller

9) 4th import for Dorrans

10) 5th import for Kamau

11) local GK for James

12) Yeboah - TBC

——

Get the remaining imports right and we’ll have a competitive squad. 

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Well if we can afford him and Miller can convince him to go through Quarantine, here is someone similar to ikonomidis.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/barrie-mckay/profil/spieler/208934

Anyone know about him?

Was a gun player at Nottingham Forest.

The issue is if he did sign with the Wanderers...where do you put him? Unless Robinson actually has a brain and decides to finally play with a 4-2-3-1 formation, he wouldn't suitable for a 5-3-2 or 5-2-1-2 formation. Only spot you could put him is maybe playing as an attacking midfielder if he felt comfortable with it.

4 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Was a gun player at Nottingham Forest.

The issue is if he did sign with the Wanderers...where do you put him? Unless Robinson actually has a brain and decides to finally play with a 4-2-3-1 formation, he wouldn't suitable for a 5-3-2 or 5-2-1-2 formation. Only spot you could put him is maybe playing as an attacking midfielder if he felt comfortable with it.

I only looked at him because he is similar to Ikonomidis 

8 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Well if we can afford him and Miller can convince him to go through Quarantine, here is someone similar to ikonomidis.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/barrie-mckay/profil/spieler/208934

Anyone know about him?

Potter brought him to Swansea started brightly then faded .......badly and released a year later, was not impressive.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic