Squad Development 2021/22

3 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He looked 'ok' for us, but not much more than that. We didn't think he was good enough to keep then, not sure why we would think to bring him back

Thats the point though, he is a squaddie, he isn't meant to be some amazing player who starts every game.

He showed lots of promise and many were disappointed he wasn't re-signed.

His performance in the 2nd Sydney Derby at Kogarah was elite, he marked Baumjohann and Ninkovic out of the game.

12 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

You really aren't big on facts and figures are you?

We signed 12 players last year, and this year we are on 5 Williams, Antonis, Hemed, Najarine and Koutroumbus  with more to come

The club are backing CR with signings, there really is no excuses this season

So hardly based on 1

But that doesn't suit your narrative so you will ignore this and carry on

Been CEO since 2014 to date , a period of a bulging trophy cabinet , wonderful player and coach signings and supporter contentment. Oh wait...…

Hopefully , it comes right this year as it would be about time !

" No excuses " , that's an excuse in itself.

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

You really aren't big on facts and figures are you?

We signed 12 players last year, and this year we are on 5 Williams, Antonis, Hemed, Najarine and Koutroumbus  with more to come

The club are backing CR with signings, there really is no excuses this season

So hardly based on 1

But that doesn't suit your narrative so you will ignore this and carry on

I think it was 11 and the replacement for the cleaner :) 

BIADH

Looked through the Victory forum. Looks like Popa is going all out to achieve success there despite the supposed financial troubles. Here are a few points I found from someone apparently very credible on there:

- They have a foreign CB in quarantine at the moment waiting to be announced.

- They tried to sign Leckie but he didn't like Popa's project.

- Craig Noone was apparently offered to Victory by his agent but Popa rejected.

- Few inquiries into big name players like Ribery but most didn't even give them the time of day, and those that did decided against it due to COVID.

- Popa apparently also tried signing a few young players from Crystal Palace (maybe Jay Rich Baghuelou) but turned down what CP were willing to offer.

3 hours ago, theseeker said:

Been CEO since 2014 to date , a period of a bulging trophy cabinet , wonderful player and coach signings and supporter contentment. Oh wait...…

Hopefully , it comes right this year as it would be about time !

" No excuses " , that's an excuse in itself.

Same as politics thread…

don’t let facts get in the way just move on to next claim 

The claim on here has been JT has to go as we aren’t signing any quality players 

We have made three big signings so far and 2 pretty decent ones 

I’d be the first to say the last 5 years haven’t been good enough but this view that CR hasn’t been backed is total rubbish

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Same as politics thread…

don’t let facts get in the way just move on to next claim 

The claim on here has been JT has to go as we aren’t signing any quality players 

We have made three big signings so far and 2 pretty decent ones 

I’d be the first to say the last 5 years haven’t been good enough but this view that CR hasn’t been backed is total rubbish

You wanted facts , gave them to you in the first paragraph ( in a round about sort of way).

How do you know Carlo got what he wanted and not what he eventually got. You a mind reader or something.

Three big signings and 2 " pretty decent". Needed 5 big signings.

51 minutes ago, theseeker said:

You wanted facts , gave them to you in the first paragraph ( in a round about sort of way).

How do you know Carlo got what he wanted and not what he eventually got. You a mind reader or something.

Three big signings and 2 " pretty decent". Needed 5 big signings.

If he signed 5 you’d want 7!

37 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Well I never said that :) and if I did he would probably agree 👍

BIADH and it eetswa 

Or at least his wife would 

Edited by StringerBellend
13 minutes ago, Keithie said:

You being a dickhead could nearly be aligned with wanderers signing Mitch Austin or Popa Signing Brendan Hamill , oops he did !!!

Hamill, I really can't believe that one, he must be running really short of ideas

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic