Squad Development 2021/22

That's a decent size cheque book they've handed over to Popa, spending it like monopoly money atm. 

2 hours ago, iamwesternsydney said:

Another Andreu or Dimas?

Uninspiring. Bench player. Has Jumpei written all over it. Looks like Popa has spent much of the money on Aussies. If we were to sign a player with that CV there would be an outcry of discontent.

2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

He is from like the 3rd or 4th division in Spain.

He will either be a hidden gem or a complete stinker.

I suspect this actually says Popa is coming to the end of his cheque book. He may have a bunch of money allocated to other signings. This certainly isn’t a signing I’d be celebrating. 

Hes come out of the second division of Semi professional football, though arguably equal 3rd considering there’s 2 groups in Premiera Division.

1 hour ago, mack said:

Three scholarship signings, Nectar Triantis (2 year), Alex Badolato (2 year) and Jarrod Carluccio (1 year).

Don't know much about these guys. Is this a good move? Do they have potential?

1 minute ago, Jefski said:

Don't know much about these guys. Is this a good move? Do they have potential?

Scholarship signings from the youth team. Main thing is that it prevents other A-League clubs from just poaching them, they at least have to offer a senior contract.

9 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

I suspect this actually says Popa is coming to the end of his cheque book.

Interesting.

I've seen lots of Victory fans suggest they still have a fair bit to spend, especially because 4 of their players will be marquee (2 marquee + 2 designated).

They were searching for a big name signing apparently.

They also have a foreign centreback ready to be announced who is currently in lockdown.

29 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Interesting.

I've seen lots of Victory fans suggest they still have a fair bit to spend, especially because 4 of their players will be marquee (2 marquee + 2 designated).

They also have a foreign centreback ready to be announced who is currently in lockdown.

Pretty good for a club that has to use a GoFundMe page to stay afloat.

30 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I've heard it's Borda

I haven't but he's got Hammil, he could reunite them, who could forget that magic night in Campbelltown watching Red Diamonds destroy them

I heard Alex Badolato had signed or got a trial somewhere in Europe a few weeks ago, mustn't have worked out.

Carluccio was very decent in his debut vs City. I think he is a bit of a versatile player as well.

Don't know much about Triantis, although heard he was decent last pre-season.

19 minutes ago, iamwesternsydney said:

FFS why would we not just throw whatever he wants at him? He's surely worth marquee money 

14 minutes ago, apvz said:

FFS why would we not just throw whatever he wants at him? He's surely worth marquee money 

He was apparently only asking for $400,000. 

That would be a steal if he is going to bang in 20+ a season like he did in Israel.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Interesting.

Sorry to clarify, I suspect it means he has ear marked players already. Signing someone that appears to be essentially a part timer would mean he’s on budget, surely

16 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

He was apparently only asking for $400,000. 

That would be a steal if he is going to bang in 20+ a season like he did in Israel.

$400k after tax i.e. almost double that in Australia.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I heard Alex Badolato had signed or got a trial somewhere in Europe a few weeks ago, mustn't have worked out.

Carluccio was very decent in his debut vs City. I think he is a bit of a versatile player as well.

Don't know much about Triantis, although heard he was decent last pre-season.

Triantis looked like a solid CB when I saw him play a few NPL games. Played as a LCB in a 3 at the back formation. Can’t remember if he was a left footer. A league is another level though. 

3 hours ago, apvz said:

23 games 3 goals the last time he played for us

33 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

23 games 3 goals the last time he played for us

Is the Israeli league that good or would you say the A-League is better league.

1 hour ago, dcrow said:

Is the Israeli league that good or would you say the A-League is better league.

I wouldn't have a clue, I can't say I'm that much of a football tragic to care.