Jump to content

Squad Development 2021/22


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, dcrow said:

Is the Israeli league that good or would you say the A-League is better league.

Israeli clubs somewhat regularly play Champions League and Europa League. I'd say its levels above the A-League

If you want to look beyond Rukas stats in the Israeli league, he's also got 6 goals and 4 assists in 9 Europa League Qualifying matches over the years (one of his goals and assists were against Tottenham I believe)

So yeah to me he's worth whatever money he wants

Link to post

I would not know where MAN U finished in the pommie league and if I was a glory hunter I certainly would not be supporting Wanderers and I have maintained my membership through the last 11 years , not like some on here and the glory hunters would be supporting Sydney FC and people who like cows would have moved on to MacArthur so  🖕

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Keithie said:

I would not know where MAN U finished in the pommie league and if I was a glory hunter I certainly would not be supporting Wanderers and I have maintained my membership through the last 11 years , not like some on here and the glory hunters would be supporting Sydney FC and people who like cows would have moved on to MacArthur so  🖕

Counting Fingers GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Link to post
3 hours ago, Keithie said:

I would not know where MAN U finished in the pommie league and if I was a glory hunter I certainly would not be supporting Wanderers and I have maintained my membership through the last 11 years , not like some on here and the glory hunters would be supporting Sydney FC and people who like cows would have moved on to MacArthur so  🖕

So is the Man U reference just for street cred? :clapping:

Link to post
11 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Could have done with Jamie Young. Goalkeeper waste of a spot ?  - yea tell that to the Italians.

Brad Jones is still on the market... surprised no-one has picked him up yet.

Link to post
20 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Brad Jones is still on the market... surprised no-one has picked him up yet.

Perhaps wants to stay OS or is too expensive for an Aleague keeper?

Link to post
1 hour ago, mack said:

Looks like Lopane was actually on a 2 year scholarship contract. So it's just Yeboah and Cancar that haven't been confirmed to leave or stay.

I don't think the club ever made it official that Duke had left and was not returning. They never even mentioned that his loan period was up.

Does this mean we are still negotiating with him?

Link to post

He left the club before the season ended because he got called up for the national team, the loan contract expires automatically. He then later announced he'd left the club we loaned him from. So we could be negotiating with him but it wouldn't impact on the fact that he had left the club long ago already.

Link to post
9 hours ago, apvz said:

Israeli clubs somewhat regularly play Champions League and Europa League. I'd say its levels above the A-League

If you want to look beyond Rukas stats in the Israeli league, he's also got 6 goals and 4 assists in 9 Europa League Qualifying matches over the years (one of his goals and assists were against Tottenham I believe)

So yeah to me he's worth whatever money he wants

I wouldn't say they're regulars in the group stage of Champions and Europa league. Their last effort in CL was in 2015/16 and EL was 2007/08. 

Link to post

And what about Baccus? Has there been any official announcement on his future? With the amount of game time he's getting at the Olympics (or there lack of), he may not get the exposure he was hoping for and in turn may not get the offers he was hoping for. 

Link to post
13 hours ago, Jefski said:

And what about Baccus? Has there been any official announcement on his future? With the amount of game time he's getting at the Olympics (or there lack of), he may not get the exposure he was hoping for and in turn may not get the offers he was hoping for. 

I think Baccus is still with us for now. If you check the team on the Wanderers official website, all our new signings are there and the guys that have left have all been removed. Baccus is still there.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...