Squad Development 2021/22

26 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

We've had 4 Sunday announcements. Hemed, Williams, Antonis, and Petratos.

All were major but none last Sunday 

And each time they've been foreshadowed well in advance by solid rumour and social media teasing. And they've been weeks apart. But every weekend i dip in here and it's like "its Sunday when will the announcement come", **** I hate this stupid thread :lol:

3 minutes ago, marron said:

And each time they've been foreshadowed well in advance by solid rumour and social media teasing. And they've been weeks apart. But every weekend i dip in here and it's like "its Sunday when will the announcement come", **** I hate this stupid thread :lol:

Weeks apart what are you talking about?

We signed 3 of those 4 major players 3 weeks in a row on a Sunday, with a fortnight gap in between the Antonis and Petratos signing.

July 11, July 18, July 25 and then Petratos on August 8.

4 minutes ago, marron said:

Well Marron I do enjoy the suspense in waiting and hoping :xnod:, lots of stupid threads and that is the fun of the forums , moving on now :fool: 

oh one more thing are you ok with the lock down, not stressing to much :search: 

Well actually then 3 weeks in a row (sorry, thought there was another gap in between 2 others of those) and then basically **** all in a month is also a reason not to bother getting excited, isnt it :lol:

(thanks for the concern keithie I'm all good, magic day today).

1 hour ago, marron said:

(thanks for the concern keithie I'm all good, magic day today).

It was, but enjoy it while you can. You might see some snow on Tuesday.

Very vague article:

- Doesn't tell us if he will leave end of season in 2022, if its at the start of 2022 etc.

- Whether there is a fee in place if he leaves before contract concludes.

Either way I think its good, it means we have more depth in midfield and he can play for us at least until some point in 2022 (depending when the season starts).

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Very vague article:

- Doesn't tell us if he will leave end of season in 2022, if its at the start of 2022 etc.

- Whether there is a fee in place if he leaves before contract concludes.

Either way I think its good, it means we have more depth in midfield and he can play for us at least until some point in 2022 (depending when the season starts).

Bafflingly vague, european leagues just about to start or already started, is he playing for them or not? a January signing?

2 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

Bafflingly vague, european leagues just about to start or already started, is he playing for them or not? a January signing?

One guess would be playing in the Olympics & the quarantine situation might have made the two clubs decide to postpone the transfer until the mid-season European window in January. That could be done by completing the transfer and then WSW have him as a short term loan signing.

31 minutes ago, wswnick said:

For all we know that blog site may have just seen that Baccus was seeing out his contract with us and assumed he's joining the Hungarian side in 2022 when his contract ends.

He can't sign for another club until 6 months before his current one expires.

On 22/08/2021 at 5:05 PM, marron said:

If it is not on wednesday it wont happen on other day.

5 hours ago, iamwesternsydney said:

He really doesn't want to come to Australia, I wonder who the Aleague club was

Going to assume either Melbourne City or Western United since those were the clubs he was rumoured to.

Neftci just got knocked out of the Champions League qualifying round against Helsinki. I don't know if they are in the Europa league now.

On 23/08/2021 at 10:35 AM, iamwesternsydney said:

Robinson has confirmed that Baccus is with us this season in an interview on the club website. I think the above tweet is a misinterpretation of the source article, due to inaccurate Google translation. Baccus is in the "arriving" column, but if you look at all the other players in that column none of them look like they are going to be signed: "not sought",  "not discussed", "not arriving at last", etc.. I have no knowledge of the Hungarian language, but i think the problem is that google translate cannot find a suitable translation for "Érkezőként felmerült". It appears as a subheading for every team, but is translated to English a different way each time by the google translator. It is most likely referring to players who were being spoken to or considered.

2 hours ago, GE942150 said:

Perth, MV and Newy signing foreign players. Still waiting for us to sign another foreign striker or CB.

I'm not going to lose sleep on missing out on a third division spanish midfielder

I'm gonna ask a dumb question:

Around 11-12 seconds into the video, is that Koutroumbis, wearing 22 on his shorts, I thought he was 11?. You think that might hint that Yeboah is still at the club? 

Also, I noticed Traore is wearing 3 now (originally was 18). 

Yet, them changing numbers could mean nothing.

49 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I'm gonna ask a dumb question:

Around 11-12 seconds into the video, is that Koutroumbis, wearing 22 on his shorts, I thought he was 11?. You think that might hint that Yeboah is still at the club? 

Also, I noticed Traore is wearing 3 now (originally was 18). 

Yet, them changing numbers could mean nothing.

He might have left his PE kit at home 

Edited by StringerBellend
On 24/08/2021 at 6:11 PM, JustWandering said:

Robinson has confirmed that Baccus is with us this season in an interview on the club website. I think the above tweet is a misinterpretation of the source article, due to inaccurate Google translation. Baccus is in the "arriving" column, but if you look at all the other players in that column none of them look like they are going to be signed: "not sought",  "not discussed", "not arriving at last", etc.. I have no knowledge of the Hungarian language, but i think the problem is that google translate cannot find a suitable translation for "Érkezőként felmerült". It appears as a subheading for every team, but is translated to English a different way each time by the google translator. It is most likely referring to players who were being spoken to or considered.

As a native Hungarian speaker, I can confirm that the category heading "Érkezőként felmerült" means that the players listed under it "were considered as potential arrivals [to the Hungarian club]", so you're correct.

Interestingly, after Baccus's name, there is a comment in brackets "marad végül Ausztráliában 2022-ig" which translates to "[there were negotiations,] but will stay in Australia until 2022".  Note that the other players in that category got more clear cut comments such as "was not approached", "was not given an offer" or "signed with another club".

So what I read into that is that Ferencváros probably told Baccus to "have another season in Australia and then we'll have another chat next year".

Anyway, the good news is that our Parklea Messi will play for us for another season! :)