Jump to content

Squad Development 2021/22


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Let the rumours begin!

DailyOzFootball posted this:

Got a feeling its either the Jets or Victory that'll sign this lad. But, it does say he is joining an A-League club so I thought I'll posted it here anyway.

Surely Victoria given the Popa link 

 

Link to post

By the way, Savvas' wiki page was changed yesterday to Melbourne Victory, so someone already knew it was happening.

Someone noticed though that at one point Jack Wilshere was also added to the Wanderers 21/22 season wiki page yesterday. It has since been changed back to normal. Probably not true at all, but just stirring the pot of rumours I guess.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

By the way, Savvas' wiki page was changed yesterday to Melbourne Victory, so someone already knew it was happening.

Someone noticed though that at one point Jack Wilshere was also added to the Wanderers 21/22 season wiki page yesterday. It has since been changed back to normal. Probably not true at all, but just stirring the pot of rumours I guess.

gotta be true it's not like anyone can update a wikipedia article ..

oh

Link to post
3 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

By the way, Savvas' wiki page was changed yesterday to Melbourne Victory, so someone already knew it was happening.

Someone noticed though that at one point Jack Wilshere was also added to the Wanderers 21/22 season wiki page yesterday. It has since been changed back to normal. Probably not true at all, but just stirring the pot of rumours I guess.

Love your work

Link to post

If it were true  I'd be hoping for Jack Wilshere to have a much huger impact than the ghost who was Mutch.

Mutch was like a fart in the wind ...... never knew he was even there.

Link to post
13 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

If it were true  I'd be hoping for Jack Wilshere to have a much huger impact than the ghost who was Mutch.

Mutch was like a fart in the wind ...... never knew he was even there.

Why am I hearing Elton John singing that?

"He lived his life like a fart in the wind... his contract lasted longer than his effort ever did..."

Link to post
2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

https://www.fosonline.gr/podosfairo/superleague-2/article/153581/sti-melmpoyrn-viktori-o-siatravanis

Savvas Siatravanis, who is moving to Australia on behalf of Melbourne Victory, did not have time to play in an official match with Niki Volou

Dear oh dear. Another import signing that is in line what we have been seeing so far this season: a Greek 2nd/3rd tier player. A big step down from Nico Martinez who can be considered to be an established player in Greece 1st tier.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, FCB said:

Dear oh dear. Another import signing that is in line what we have been seeing so far this season: a Greek 2nd/3rd tier player. A big step down from Nico Martinez who can be considered to be an established player in Greece 1st tier.

Yep, sad because it takes away from a young Australian trying to break into the side as well.

Thats one thing i'm happy we haven't done, gone and bought imports just for the hell of it and filling a spot.

 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Jefski said:

Is it just me or does Ibini look like he's shed a few kilos. Just saw the photos on twitter and he's looking the best I've seen him in quite some time.

 

 

Looks like his lockdown routine differs from mine, or maybe he managed to magically pass on the kilos he shed to me

Link to post

WSW fans: our foreign recruitment sucks!

Also WSW fans: let’s sign Jack Wilshere!

Seriously though, Wilshere is a high risk, high reward signing that probably leans more towards the risk than reward. His injury record is not compatible with a competition held primarily in the hottest months of the year on pitches that don’t see rain for potentially months on end. Yes he’s played in the Prem but I think the physicality of the A-League is different in a more wild manner. Some of the cowboys we’ve got running around would snap him in half haha

Link to post
10 minutes ago, hughsey said:

WSW fans: our foreign recruitment sucks!

Also WSW fans: let’s sign Jack Wilshere!

Seriously though, Wilshere is a high risk, high reward signing that probably leans more towards the risk than reward. His injury record is not compatible with a competition held primarily in the hottest months of the year on pitches that don’t see rain for potentially months on end. Yes he’s played in the Prem but I think the physicality of the A-League is different in a more wild manner. Some of the cowboys we’ve got running around would snap him in half haha

On that alone we must sign him

Link to post
42 minutes ago, hughsey said:

WSW fans: our foreign recruitment sucks!

Also WSW fans: let’s sign Jack Wilshere!

Seriously though, Wilshere is a high risk, high reward signing that probably leans more towards the risk than reward. His injury record is not compatible with a competition held primarily in the hottest months of the year on pitches that don’t see rain for potentially months on end. Yes he’s played in the Prem but I think the physicality of the A-League is different in a more wild manner. Some of the cowboys we’ve got running around would snap him in half haha

McGowan has gone

Link to post
14 hours ago, wswnick said:

Swear I saw him in the Rhys Williams training video???

 

image.png.db45a78e4b04a8fe22261f256c95791e.png

You mixing him up looks like we have brought Borda back...

 

Sorry I'm confused it's not Borda, the above player is far more useful

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...