Squad Development 2021/22

7 hours ago, GE942150 said:

The two designated players slots are going to be abused by city and sfc 

I wouldn't complain if our team did it so I'm not going to whinge about others but God I wish we would.

Thought I'd post for the first time in ages as heard some rumours from Germany re a potential o/s marquee.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/patrick-ebert/profil/spieler/32622

Ebert has supposedly spoken with Leckie about the A-League and also spoke with Popa whilst at AO Xanthi.

Supposedly very 'geheime' at the moment...watch this space.

2 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Thought I'd post for the first time in ages as heard some rumours from Germany re a potential o/s marquee.

Ebert has supposedly spoken with Leckie about the A-League and also spoke with Popa whilst at AO Xanthi.

Well it won't be Boteng with the publicity around what is alleged to have done.

14 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Reliable sources? 

41 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Wouldn't he go with Popa being ex-Xanthi?

52 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Good to see you back.

Bit underwhelming if he is a marquee. Already two of Xanthis attackers are here in the league. I mean we had muller, would he be an upgrade?

17 games 2 goals last year. One goal he missed a pen and scored the rebound.

This rumour could be very plausible.

In the ESPN interview, Robbo suggested a system/formation change to a 4-3-3.

We need wingers as I don't think Ibini, Troisi and Najjarine have enough quality.

His recent goal record recently is sketchy.

In saying that, many other players have come into the league with dodgy goal scoring records and have killed it.

Looks to me like the club may have left it too long and now we're scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm not exactly leaping for joy with this rumour. 

36 minutes ago, Jefski said:

Looks to me like the club may have left it too long and now we're scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm not exactly leaping for joy with this rumour. 

Not necessarily, look at all the terrible foreigners every other club has signed. There are still lots of quality foreigners still available.

Now that we have a confirmed date for the end of lock down, possibly 2-4 weeks before the season starts, I think we can give some comfort to potential foreign signings knowing that they will be able to go out all around the city and state and live some what normally without being locked up in a certain area. 

9 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Not necessarily, look at all the terrible foreigners every other club has signed. There are still lots of quality foreigners still available.

I'm actually a bit stunned about the shocking levels of foreigners this season. Randoms from second divison random European leagues.

Will they be like Broich or Berisha and find their groove here or will be they flop like Cejudo, Jumpei, and Piovaccari?

15 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I'm actually a bit stunned about the shocking levels of foreigners this season. Randoms from second divison random European leagues.

Will they be like Broich or Berisha and find their groove here or will be they flop like Cejudo, Jumpei, and Piovaccari?

You're slipping Unlimited......Can we please have the FIFA ratings for the new lot over those from past seasons.?

:D

11 minutes ago, sonar said:

You're slipping Unlimited......Can we please have the FIFA ratings for the new lot over those from past seasons.?

:D

I actually moved onto Football Manager now... :lol:

Haven't played it in a while though

A clarification on the 2 new designated player spots:

"One designated player will be permitted at each club for the 2021-22 season, with a second allowed to be added no earlier that the 2022-23 campaign"

Source: 

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/aleague-new-agreement-will-allow-clubs-to-spend-extra-money-outside-of-salary-cap/news-story/94a6f4c172de338d4e66d89d9745a1ec

3 hours ago, Unlimited said:

I'm not as stunned.

With the current situation in the country, it was always going to be hard to tempt good footballers (especially with families) to come to the A-League this season.

I think the club have done well in not throwing away visa spots at players just for the sake of filling the visa quota.

22 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I'm not as stunned.

With the current situation in the country, it was always going to be hard to tempt good footballers (especially with families) to come to the A-League this season.

I think the club have done well in not throwing away visa spots at players just for the sake of filling the visa quota.

And Victory are just about to sign a top quality CB in Roderick Miranda…

so it’s possible, just need to be ambitious enough and $$$

Edited by Frankos187
21 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Eetswa

HaHa don't think so Bellend are you blueing with everybody about what is right or wrong in covid world , no one can win that argument mate especially with a school teacher, I am surrounded by them at home here and I have given up even trying :)