Squad Development 2021/22

1 minute ago, GE942150 said:

You reckon these 2 guys are the possible 'up front' signings that CR mentioned last week? 

Only triallists, the WSW bring quite a few in every season. Could be what CR was referring to in his interview the other day about a positive situation/scenario in the squad.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Only a triallist at the moment, many come in every year and get rejected.

Still seems an issue signing foreign players at the moment.

He could be better than some of the terrible foreign players signed by other teams this season, maybe a diamond in the rough.

I agree though, we should be aiming higher. 

It's a shame that the international borders for Sydney and Melbourne open up just a few weeks after the season starts. A month or 2 earlier would have made it easier to sign players because they wouldn't have to do the 2 weeks quarantine and cheaper air fares. 

1 minute ago, GE942150 said:

It's a shame that the international borders for Sydney and Melbourne open up just a few weeks after the season starts. A month or 2 earlier would have made it easier to sign players because they wouldn't have to do the 2 weeks quarantine and cheaper air fares. 

And thats the reality at the moment which some can't seem to accept.

Honestly giving him half a season won't hurt considering the circumstances we are in.

20 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

I should add that the extra air fares shouldn't be an issue for our billionaire owner. 

I doubt that’s the issue. It’s more that the government has unfortunately ****ed the rollout of the vaccine in Australia and we went from a country looking to largely skip the outbreak, to a country used as a case study on how not to deal with a contagious infection. A lot of the sell of bringing players to Australia is the lifestyle, with lockdown and uncertainty with Covid in the country it’s hard to convince a player to come here.

Hopefully once were a bit beyond this by mid season transfer period (fingers crossed things go somewhat smoothly) we’ll be able to convince someone to come over.

1 minute ago, Westiesarebesties said:

I doubt that’s the issue. It’s more that the government has unfortunately ****ed the rollout of the vaccine in Australia and we went from a country looking to largely skip the outbreak, to a country used as a case study on how not to deal with a contagious infection. A lot of the sell of bringing players to Australia is the lifestyle, with lockdown and uncertainty with Covid in the country it’s hard to convince a player to come here.

Hopefully once were a bit beyond this by mid season transfer period (fingers crossed things go somewhat smoothly) we’ll be able to convince someone to come over.

Well, NSW will definitely be out of lock down by mid October, so that should help. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic