Tokyo Olympics 2020 (1)

The walking style of the olympic 50k walkers..its something I recognise...

The day after a dodgy vindaloo curry when your guts start to rumble and you need to get to the toilet quickly...but don't quite trust yourself to do a full run. Buttocks firmly clenched and go on a fast walk...

Edited by Smoggy

Saw the last 20 or so of regular time, ET and penalties. It was a pretty average game up until the penalty shootout which was full of drama. From what I saw Sweden would feel they should've won in that they were probably the better team. But the Canadians held on and rightly won the shootout.

What am I going to do next week without having the Olympics as a distraction. :cry:

I reckon the last few weeks has helped to lift the spirits of many over a pretty shitty time. It has been a welcome break in the day, or to glance up and see the end of a race.

Going to be harder next week. Especially as numbers continue to go up and no end in sight.

Edited by Smoggy
53 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

What am I going to do next week without having the Olympics as a distraction. :cry:

I reckon the last few weeks has helped to lift the spirits of many over a pretty shitty time. It has been a welcome break in the day, or to glance up and see the end of a race.

Going to be harder next week. Especially as numbers continue to go up and no end in sight.

Here's an interview with Emma McKeon that'll surely cheer up your day (or at least mine):

On 06/08/2021 at 7:23 PM, Paul01 said:

Confirmed on Wiki. 

Guaranteed cluster f***

1st half so far

2 yellows, 1 penalty not awarded then called to screen by VAR. Penalty awarded to Brazil, Richarlison misses over the cross-bar

25 minutes ago, Kitto said:

Feels like a long time til Paralympics. They aren't usually two weeks after are they? 

Traditionally it is 2 weeks later. E.g. it was for Sydney. It's partly so they can get the Olympic athletes and officials out and the Paralympic athletes etc. in, and to change over some of the stadia/equipment to suit the Paralympians.

• 2 weeks later...