Tokyo Olympics 2020 (1)

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

There ya go Mack!

'Graham Arnold shocks the World...blah blah..."

Courtesy of Speedy! :hi:

:lol::lol:

Poor Mitch!!

Mitch played his part in the assist for the second goal and led the team better than Maclaren ever could do.

17 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Oops i fell asleep :cheeky:

2 nil :woah: What a great start. We played really well

Let's see what the stats were

Goals 2 to 0 

Shots on target 6 to 4

Shots off target 4 to 3

Blocked shots 3 to 8

Big chances missed 3 to 0 (Trioisi stat)

Clearances 13 to 10

Yellow cards 7 to 3

Red cards 0 to 1 (2 yellows)

How could you fall asleep with yhat, Arzani constantly loosing possession, Duke leading the line and assist for the winning goal.

Mind you, Spain are a different proposition. Egypt drew 0-0 with them.

I saw the first goal, made it to the start of the 2nd half, then..... fell asleep. But, with a sesnse of confidence they we could win the match.

As a Wanderers supporter, that's a new and unusual feeling

Decent effort and a well deserved result. Arnie had them fired up, got an early goal and the Argies were always chasing the game. Despite having some obviously gifted players I got the impression that their team was put together with minimal preparation as a lot of poor decisions were taken when in possession. Onwards and upwards although suspensions could be an issue.

The way we started was some important. That first 15 minutes we were getting so many chances and we put one away. I got a little worried when we couldn't touch the ball for the next 15 but we still were able to get a few break aways and they never really tested Glover either.

Deng and Souttar were immense. Atkinson on the right was brilliant as well and what a excellent 2nd goal. Hopefully builds confidence going forward.

15 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Nice red wine and food lined up for tonight. Play a bit of PS4 with the lad then settle in to the Olympics coverage

Far too ******* depressing to think about much else eh.

Yep....going to watch as well.....starts 9pm.....goes for 3 1/2 hrs.

26 minutes ago, marron said:

Has anyone got a link to like a nice simple one place which says clearly when **** is on? I don't want interactive bullshit, I just want like an old fashioned wall chart scenario.

Can't post links at min, but BBC sites has a day by day whats on guide. Only issue being times are in UK time. Which is fine if like me you can convert that in seconds. Might be annoying for some though..

Edited by Smoggy
5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Can't post links at min, but BBC sites has a day by day whats on guide. Only issue being times are in UK time. Which is fine if like me you can convert that in seconds. Might be annoying for some though..

Ah but you can't trust anything the BBC says......or so they tell me :xnod:

Alright i've had it with Channel 7 already :lol:

They're teasing me with their schedule on the website that shows all the events that are on today. Where does it say what I can watch and when on their terrestrial channels? There is **** all info about that, and it looks like 99% of the events they are listing with start times  aren't actually going to be televised, so what's the point of saying it's on at 10:35 or whatever? FFS :lol: Thanks Channel 7.

20 hours ago, marron said:

Has anyone got a link to like a nice simple one place which says clearly when **** is on? I don't want interactive bullshit, I just want like an old fashioned wall chart scenario.

I just use Google, they have a semi-interactive list but it sorts it per day and per sport

They also have "featured" sports at the top, which for now is the men's tennis with John Millman and then the Matildas match at 6.30pm

Interesting views in the bike road race. They are currently going around the Fuji Speedway which was the old F1 circuit and scene of the famous 1976 race where James Hunt won .

Edited by Smoggy