Brisbane Roar vs Western Sydney Wanderers

brisbane_roar_logo.png VS western_sydney_logo_star.png

Date: 03/04/21
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 6:10PM EDT
    Location: Redcliffe, Queensland
    Stadium: Dolphin Stadium

Brisbane were on fire for the first several rounds and then fell off a cliff. My thoughts are same as the city game - we will either flog them or get flogged

Well after last week's game lets see the response of the team. #mentality with Mariners straight after we need something to get back up. So long as Scott McDonald is still out for the Roar we should put on a good show and be able to get points back

2 hours ago, WHACKO said:

Kiss of death for us then.

I was right for the Perth game

6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I was right for the Perth game

I'm with you. But I'm a bit of a mug.

38 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I was right for the Perth game

I think the Perth game was the only game you didn't say it, but you definitely said it in the Melbourne City game (last game).

I hope this game is like a repeat of the Perth game.

Brisbane play 5-2-3 and if the likes of Hingert and Brown move off their position to make them only have a back 3, the team should win.

3 hours ago, WHACKO said:

Fair point

I lost fate in this team, he cant stick to a winning team.

42 minutes ago, mintoff said:

I lost fate in this team, he cant stick to a winning team.

Robinson did that in the last game.

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 2.Ziggy GORDON, 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 6.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 7.Bruce KAMAU, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Bernie IBINI, 10.Simon COX, 11.Kwame YEBOAH, 12.Mitchell DUKE, 13.Tate RUSSELL, 14.James TROISI, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 18.Graham DORRANS, 19.Jordon MUTCH, 27.Nicolai MULLER, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 30.Daniel MARGUSH (GK), 33.Mark NATTA, 39.Thomas AQUILINA, 40.Noah JAMES (GK)

Brisbane Roar FC squad: 1.Macklin FREKE (gk), 2. Scott NEVILLE, 3.Corey BROWN, 5.Tom ALDRED (c), 9.Masato KUDO, 10.Riku DANZAKI, 11.Joe CHAMPNESS, 15.Jesse DALEY, 16.Joshua BRINDELL-SOUTH, 17.Golgol MEBRAHTU, 19.Jack HINGERT, 21.Jamie YOUNG (gk), 23.Dylan WENZEL-HALLS, 25.Rahmat AKBARI, 26.Jay O’SHEA, 27.Kai TREWIN, 29.Jordan COURTNEY-PERKINS, 34.Alex PARSONS, 37.Cyrus DEHMIE, 77.Scott MCDONALD **2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 29.Jordan COURTNEY-PERKINS (promoted), 34.Alex PARSONS (promoted), 77.Scott MCDONALD (return from injury)

Outs: 6.Macaulay GILLESPHEY (suspended – 1 week)

Gillesphey goes alright, so they'll be missing him and it's good for us.

12 minutes ago, bombagol said:

Gillesphey goes alright, so they'll be missing him and it's good for us.

Replaced by Scott Neville most likely

On 01/04/2021 at 3:56 PM, Sithslayer1991 said:

Looks like Scott McDonald will be in the team.

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

So, I assume that Tass starts?

Tass will most likely start. I have a feeling he was going to start anyway and Natta was on the bench. However, he probably didn't pass the fitness test this morning so they have Georgievski come in as a late change.

4 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Yeh, that's what I suspected.

Whoops, just realised I got the times the wrong way around (it's 6:05pm Queensland and 7:05pm Sydney time).

Lineup: Margush, Wilmering, Tass, McGowan, Gordon, Aquilina, Kamau, Baccus, Dorrans, Yeboah, Duke

Subs: Georgievski, O'Doherty, Ibini, Cox, Troisi, Muller, James

WSW twitter put it up as a 4-2-3-1. Not sure about that though with Kamau and Aquilina in the lineup, it might be a 5 at the back with Duke perhaps in the attacking middle with Kamau and Yeboah up front.

No Mutch?

Injury? Or saving him for Mariners in Tuesday?

I doubt it will be 4 at the back but who knows, I suspect it will be 3 5 2 again

Guest
    This is now closed for further comments

• Create New...