Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Perth Glory vs Western Sydney Wanderers 13/1/2019 5:00PM


    mack
    Perth Glory vs Western Sydney Wanderers
    a_league_logo_2017.png

     

    perth_glory_logo.png VS western_sydney_logo_star.png

     

    Date: 13/01/19
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 8:00PM EDT
    Round: 13
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Perth, Western Australia
    Stadium: HBF Park

    View full record

     

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

    Keogh was smart enough to give the ref something to look at

    Everyone knows that he is going to go down if you look at him sideways.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    15 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

    Castro won them the game. We simply don't have an accountant that matches perths.

    We don’t have a second marquee spot used.. nothing to do with accountants our club hasn’t spent the money

    Edited by StringerBellend

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The pen was soft but the other.... the one  that was a foul on Suman and an offside is the one that I am most annoyed with. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, BrightSpark said:

    I don't agree with that either. As Madkaw said above, what is Hamill meant to do disappear? 

    We can't start playing to trying please biased refs. Otherwise, we might as well just give the game away.

    He put two arms round him he didn’t need to do that 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, HillsPanther said:

    Everyone knows that he is going to go down if you look at him sideways.

    Yeah, I don't blame the opposition player for milking the penalty. I blame the ref for awarding a blatantly soft penalty.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, sonar said:

    I;m not blaming him for the loss.....just for giving away the pen....our lack of defense cost us.

    Yeah I didn't mean it for the loss. 

    I think you're being very harsh on him. If my CD partner gives away a pen like that in a game, I immediately blow up at the ref. I would think my teammate was 'naive' for a moment, but he's done nothing wrong based on what referees would call 99% of the time

    That would be my thinking. 

    Put it this way, if we were given a foul like that, I'd take it but think it's soft. 

    Edited by matty

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    If that's the standard for a pen then every team should expect one in every game from every corner kick in this League

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

    He put two arms round him he didn’t need to do that 

    Yep.That was my point. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    If Hamill keeps his hands by his sides, he's entitled to his position and Keogh can do nothing but give away a foul or have to play with the back to goal. Instead the idiot Hamill wraps his arms around Keogh's waist and once that happens Keogh just rushes backwards, falls over and gets a penalty from a dumb**** A-League referee. It's monumentally stupid.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, scarcev said:

    If that's the standard for a pen then every team should expect one in every game from every corner kick in this League

    And when have the Wanderers ever received a penalty for something like that or even blatantly obvious ones?

    Answer: never in our history.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, mack said:

    If Hamill keeps his hands by his sides, he's entitled to his position and Keogh can do nothing but give away a foul or have to play with the back to goal. Instead the idiot Hamill wraps his arms around Keogh's waist and once that happens Keogh just rushes backwards, falls over and gets a penalty from a dumb**** A-League referee. It's monumentally stupid.

    Yep if you put two arms around a striker in the box you can’t be suprised when a penalty is given.

    as billy Bragg once said “he’s a accident waiting to happen”

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 minutes ago, BrightSpark said:

    I don't agree with that either. As Madkaw said above, what is Hamill meant to do disappear? 

    We can't start playing to trying please biased refs. Otherwise, we might as well just give the game away.

    Keogh leaned back against Hamill and fell. It wasn't due to the shirt pulling. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    At the end of the day, we lack the #mentality to see out a game and the refs are inconsistent as ****. We can only fix half the problem. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    We wuz robbed again eh!

    Maybe, maybe not but that's not why we lost. Every time they came forward we wobbled. That's the issue.  Had they not got a soft penalty they would have scored some other way. We were hanging on. That's the problem 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, beatsurrender said:

    We wuz robbed again eh!

    Maybe, maybe not but that's not why we lost. Every time they came forward we wobbled. That's the issue.  Had they not got a soft penalty they would have scored some other way. We were hanging on. That's the problem 

    If we scored 5 they would have scored 6....Perth went up a few gears and we had no answer....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 minutes ago, Burztur said:

    At the end of the day, we lack the #mentality to see out a game and the refs are inconsistent as ****. We can only fix half the problem. 

    It's been said before here we lack quality. I give Babbel credit for how the team performed in this game. We were on a hiding to nothing and only silly errors cost us a result. 

    On the upside we have youngsters who will benefit from the experience. I think this season is gone so the best we can hope for is to be a spolier for teams in the six.....give 'em some misery. lol

    Edited by sonar

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, sonar said:

    As it's been said before here we lack quality. I give Babbel credit for how the team performed in this game. We were on a hiding to nothing and only silly errors cost us a result. 

    We have no leader in a team full of A leauge journeymen....Hamill for example is neither a leader or regular starter in a usual squad....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Burztur said:

    At the end of the day, we lack the #mentality to see out a game and the refs are inconsistent as ****. We can only fix half the problem. 

    I don't agree that we lack the #mentality. We just scored 3 goals away against the number 1 team in the league, with half our players missing, and a referee that throughout the Match was determined to stop us.

    And we still nearly won.

    I'm not saying we can't improve, or that we're having a great season.

    But clearly we can play a competitive game of football.

    I do agree that we can't fix the refs, though.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, BrightSpark said:

    I don't agree that we lack the #mentality. We just scored 3 goals away against the number 1 team in the league, with half our players missing, and a referee that throughout the Match was determined to stop us.

    And we still nearly won.

    I'm not saying we can't improve, or that we're having a great season.

    But clearly we can play a competitive game of football.

    I do agree that we can't fix the refs, though.

    We have the right attitude and determination. #mentality is perhaps the wrong word. What I mean is the ability to grind out a match to secure a result. As much as Hamill and Elrich put in, we need to trade up as they are really squaddies.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 13/01/2019 at 7:25 PM, mack said:

    That's an interesting point. I know the year the Mariners beat us in the Grand Final they only had three foreigners (Zwaanswijk, McGlinchey & Montgomery). In Round 27 they only played Zwaanswijk against Heart and left McGlinchey & Montgomery in Gosford. Don't appear to have any games without them all.

    The early years of the comp it's quite likely there were a bunch of teams who didn't use any foreigners. edit - In round 1 2005/06 the first game ever played didn't have any foreigners get on the park for either Newcastle or Adelaide. 

    So I asked Andrew Howe about games without any foreigners, and he seems to think the only game ever that had no foreign players on the pitch, was indeed that first ever game.

    For specific teams not having any foreign players, I suspect there would be some hidden in the second season possibly, as a quick scan suggest that Sydney FC, Adelaide, Newcastle and the Mariners didn't have many foreigners at all.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now



  • Posts

    • That’s for the information & discussion about the external lighting on the stadium. I find it a bit strange to leave it as is, perhaps the led wall is too expensive but find it odd that no cost effective solution could be found to finish it off. The whole light pollution rubbish, it would be on for games & that’s it. Not like it’s on 24 hours a day.
    • I tend to agree that the issue is incompetence on behalf of the officials rather than conscious bias (although on KGJ I’m not so sure...). However, the only thing that really gets me into conspiracy mode is the famous derby victory in which we stopped the Smurfs from going undefeated. Am I going senile, or was there an apology to Sydney FC to the effect of “the officials missed a penalty call and we’re terribly sorry you were defeated” or some such drivel ? Didn’t Annie then feel entirely justified in continuing to claim that they really were still undefeated? 
    • Touching on the youth players, how good is it to see these guys not just get a run but play well. Tate had probably his worst game last night but has been a breathe of fresh air, been absolutely outstanding. No way he shouldnt get in the team ahead of Lorente, Elrich & Risdon; Cordier, I can see why he hasn’t got a run before this game, great talent not quite ready yet; Tass has been outstanding, he should be starting over Hamil & Elrich once Ziegler returns. Also, steps into midfield & plays like a boss  ; Majok, exciting talent. I know people want to give him a chance to grow into the role but that first touch really annoys me. Especially at this level  ; Suman, he isn’t quite ready yet but head & shoulders above Nizic plus there is something up with Vedran, give him some time out of the spotlight & give this young kid s go.
  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×