Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers 22/10/2018 7:50PM


    mack
    Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers
    a_league_logo_2017.png

     

    sydney_fc_logo.png VS western_sydney_logo_star.png

     

    Date: 27/10/18
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:50PM EDT
    Round: 2
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Moore Park, Sydney
    Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground

    View full record

     

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    I always like the long drive up from Canberra to watch the Wanderers play, especially when a large part of the action is settled off the field on a tiny screen. At least I caught up with a few friends earlier in the day - that was good.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Firstky, Kudos to the RBB. I was in active and it was amazing. We were **** until the VAR non goal for us.......seemed to spark us into a bit of action. I will never go to an away derby again. If the FFA and ESFC think that after watching that game I am going to line their pockets any more they can get ****ed. I wished Babbel had just walked on to the field and decked Beath...what a sham.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, wendybr said:

    Probably your best post ever!  :D

    Ngawwww thanks Wendy - although I'd argue the "Hey guys I have a girlfriend now" does more for the meta-storyline of the WSF forum :cheeky:

    But if the VAR gets scrapped... :ninja:

     

    On a side note, after it happened and it simmered in my mind for a couple of minutes, I honestly thought, "This must be what it's like watching those rigged football games in Italy"

    Not even kidding. It was so farcical that the only explanation I could come up with in my head was either utter stupidity or match fixing.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 minutes ago, sonar said:

    Firstky, Kudos to the RBB. I was in active and it was amazing. 

    You guys got dudded  in the TV coverage...I'm guessing there were no mics near you?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Sat in the concourse near the RBB for part of the first half. View was the worst I have experienced in my 40 years of going to matches.  

    Result of course was disappointing (if not unexpected). 

    VAR was simply inexplicable. Still can’t believe that decision!

    there was a silver lining though. We used our 5 concourse tickets to somehow get 18 people into a empty corporate box for the second half 

    and the black strip looks smick 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

    On a side note, after it happened and it simmered in my mind for a couple of minutes, I honestly thought, "This must be what it's like watching those rigged football games in Italy"

    Not even kidding. It was so farcical that the only explanation I could come up with in my head was either utter stupidity or match fixing.

    That's not an unreasonable observation...so disgracefully bad were some of the decisions tonight.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, wendybr said:

    You guys got dudded  in the TV coverage...I'm guessing there were no mics near you?

    I guess Fox decided thousands af Wanderers chanting **** off ESFC wasn't family entertainment.**** 'em. This is the first time I have come home from a game really angry....**** ESFC! Just ****'em.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, wendybr said:

    Re Mack's match report..

    I'm ready for bed....but I'm waiting up for it!

    :lol: :lol:

    Likewise but I sense a quality Mack rant I’ll wait till 6am if I have too 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, sonar said:

    I guess Fox decided thousands af Wanderers chanting **** off ESFC wasn't family entertainment.**** 'em. This is the first time I have come home from a game really angry....**** ESFC! Just ****'em.

    I cant remember you so steamed up.

    But you know what?

    If this is a turning point...and it SHOULD be...it will have been worth it.

    Enough is well and truly enough.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The view from the upper Churchill not as bad as I was expecting, not so far from the corner flag and so didn't feel all that different, not great but not as bad as I as expecting.

    I think the VAR has overshadowed a few first half issues, rightly so probably. But we were caught napping in the opening 5 or 10 mins and didn't really get in to the game until around 25 mins in,, we could have been a couple of goals down after 20..Thenbiscuit missed a harder chance than last week, but still a half chance..ball a bit behind him...then Roly missed an open goal....not his night for sure lol

    Yeah...and then things got shite....

    Edited by Smoggy

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    22 minutes ago, wendybr said:

    I'm ready for bed....but I'm waiting up for it!

    :lol: :lol:

    Soon.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

    Mack right now

     

    Not as good as the typing cat one! :xnod:

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Home from game and gutted for the lads to go down in such a fashion. The game was a farce, we just didnt realise we were the joke. First the disallowed goal, then the not given penalty. Unbelievable. I doht know what to say. Im feel pretty sad about the league right now. 

    Esfc can gloat all they like. And they will.  They are the most obnoxious, precious team in the aleague. They would be nothing without the pathetic pandering. If this feels like a victory to them, have at it you bunch of entitled tw@ts

    All of that fetid drama aside, Babbel needs to do better than this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Here's what just got posted on One Football with its worldwide audience

    A-League Review: Sydney derby VAR leaves Babbel in a fury via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:

    https://1.ftb.al/qaUsrUr7lR

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 minutes ago, Liv said:

    Sat in the concourse near the RBB for part of the first half. View was the worst I have experienced in my 40 years of going to matches.  

    Result of course was disappointing (if not unexpected). 

    VAR was simply inexplicable. Still can’t believe that decision!

    there was a silver lining though. We used our 5 concourse tickets to somehow get 18 people into a empty corporate box for the second half 

    and the black strip looks smick 

    lol impressive :P 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    As rancid and borderline corrupt as the officiating, can’t avoid the fact that we are a really poor team. Mahazi and Baccus are last 5 min bench warmers at any other club, and Sotirio is not even NPL. Then there were our incredible efforts at playing out from the back. Reached my limit tonight.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now



×