Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Western Sydney Wanderers vs Adelaide United 15/04/2018 5:00PM


    mack
    Western Sydney Wanderers vs Adelaide United
    a_league_logo_2017.png

     

    western_sydney_logo_star.png VS adelaide_united_logo.png

     

    Date: 15/04/18
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 5:00PM EST
    Round: 27
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney
    Stadium: Sydney Olympic Stadium

    View full record

     

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    The amount of times A-League refs don’t give out yellows when a player holds someone back is absolutely preposterous.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    It a red card he’s an idiot for doing it.

    We are also very slow learners. How many times did they beat us with a long ball over the top before the two goals

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

    Watching that in slow mo makes it look worse than it is. VAR crap.

    Hmmm seeing the damage, maybe not.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    fox commentators frothing at the mouth over baccus jr incident. reckon he will get extra games on top of red card suspension.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, lloydy136 said:

    fox commentators frothing at the mouth over baccus jr incident. reckon he will get extra games on top of red card suspension.

     

    They absolutely love it when the VAR looks like it gets a call right. When it gets one wrong or is inconclusive they go strangely quiet.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    15 mins until our season is over and zero subs made. WTF

     

    EDIT. Ask and Ye shall receive 

    Edited by SomeGuy1977

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    what a ******* shambles.

    we are going to come 7th in a 10 team comp which contains 2 retarded teams at the bottom. Not to mention that we had an aggregate score of 5-17 against our two biggest rivals.

    heads should roll in this order....

    - gumby

    - gumby's moron assistant

    - JT for presiding over this mess both on and off the field

    - risdon

    - cejudo

    - roly

    I can't even be bothered going through the rest of the team.

    this has been a very damaging season in just about every area.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, lloydy136 said:

    what a ******* shambles.

    we are going to come 7th in a 10 team comp which contains 2 retarded teams at the bottom. Not to mention that we had an aggregate score of 5-17 against our two biggest rivals.

    heads should roll in this order....

    - gumby

    - gumby's moron assistant

    - JT for presiding over this mess both on and off the field

    - risdon

    - cejudo

    - roly

    I can't even be bothered going through the rest of the team.

    this has been a very damaging season in just about every area.

    Cue people using the red card as an excuse

    How many times did they warn us with the long ball, yet we still get caught out for not 1 by 2 goals

    Cejudo at times looks genuinely perplexed by this league, referees, our tatics shame there is a top player in there somewhere 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, lloydy136 said:

    what a ******* shambles.

    we are going to come 7th in a 10 team comp which contains 2 retarded teams at the bottom. Not to mention that we had an aggregate score of 5-17 against our two biggest rivals.

    heads should roll in this order....

    - gumby

    - gumby's moron assistant

    - JT for presiding over this mess both on and off the field

    - risdon

    - cejudo

    - roly

    I can't even be bothered going through the rest of the team.

    this has been a very damaging season in just about every area.

    JT and the ownership group should be top of that list... He's tenure has been a disaster... The club has gone from THE powerhouse of the a-league to a shadow... We simply make up the numbers... As much as I hate to say it, Arnold described our current standing perfectly when he said the derby had to be the most lopsided derby in the world... We've become an embarrassment...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Eat my bum gombau. Disgraceful. I am ******* disgusted by this seasons performance under him. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

    Cue people using the red card as an excuse

    How many times did they warn us with the long ball, yet we still get caught out for not 1 by 2 goals

    Cejudo at times looks genuinely perplexed by this league, referees, our tatics shame there is a top player in there somewhere 

    Cejudo just looks constantly perplexed....! I'd say bye bye Alvaro....p off and don't come back.

    Red card no excuse.

    Not good enough.

    Whoever we have as coach or playing for us next season has to do better than what was delivered ths season. Everyone involved players, coaches, admin,has to have a good hard look at themselves and the attitude being shown. Most probably Gumby's last game as on results have to say deserved if he goes. 

    Edited by sonar

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I hope that little snot nose Baccus has to sit down and watch replays of his kick for a long long time. The guy has to realise what he's done. Send him to NPL go play for Melita ya dumbarse.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Re. the pitchforks at Gombau’s door.

     

    It sounds like we had, and missed, plenty of chances in that game (I was listening to rue ABC’s radio coverage, so it’s possible I was mislead by Paul Wade...). Pretty sure we can’t blame Gombau for that.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Going to be an interesting 6 months ahead for the club, I say get ready for a spring clean.
     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Good going forward but how many times did they warn us with the long ball over the top, but we concede 2 goals to the same thing 

    then red card to lack of discipline 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Misery over. We are not good enough , and don't deserve to be in the finals. 

    Saying that I still think the ref was so blatantly biased..... maybe he did get memo from the FFA that WSW are not to make the finals.....I'm they didn't like the empty active bay on TV

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, tardotz said:

    Misery over. We are not good enough , and don't deserve to be in the finals. 

    Saying that I still think the ref was so blatantly biased..... maybe he did get memo from the FFA that WSW are not to make the finals.....I'm they didn't like the empty active bay on TV

    Maybe we should start a crowd funding effort to get decent refs...the FFA aren't going to get it done.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    There’s gonna be complaints about Gombau, and the lack of discipline certainly reflects on him if the reports of him being more chummy than Popa are true.

    But these players have been disgraceful. The amount of dumb red cards, bad decisions, terrible efforts etc. was shocking, all year. They are meant to be professionals. How can a muther****ing Socceroos let a guy get to that last goal at the back post? 

    Cejudo is soft. Simple as that. The second half when he went half-heartedly into a challenge because he wasn’t sure if the ball would get past the Reds player sums him up.

    Gombau needs to get tough or bring in either a ballbreaker assistant or some players who have pride in themselves and don’t require the stick.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    39 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

    fox commentators frothing at the mouth over baccus jr incident. reckon he will get extra games on top of red card suspension.

     

    It seemed like Absalonsen grabbed Baby Baccus’ nuts first, that’s why he kicked out at him?

    So the card should have gone to Absalonsen first?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, Generator said:

    Re. the pitchforks at Gombau’s door.

     

    It sounds like we had, and missed, plenty of chances in that game (I was listening to rue ABC’s radio coverage, so it’s possible I was mislead by Paul Wade...). Pretty sure we can’t blame Gombau for that.

    You have to defend in football too. Yes we had chances, we were ok going forward. But if you are going to do anything then you can’t concede as many stupid goals as we do, Three at home

    But Yes we can blame him for a kamikaze defence that kept making the same mistake multiple times, countless warnings yet we concede not once but twice

    5 and half months and we are a shambles at the back.. a position which he binned his captain and never replaced him.

    sure if oriol had buried his pen we might have been ok

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 minutes ago, That70sDude said:

    I hope that little snot nose Baccus has to sit down and watch replays of his kick for a long long time. The guy has to realise what he's done. Send him to NPL go play for Melita ya dumbarse.

    Agree with you up until the jab at Parra 

    This season sucked dog balls and now time for the cuts of most of the team. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Season has been a disaster and honestly I'm not unhappy to see the back of it.  So, nothing to add except a question for those far more knowledgeable about the rules than I:

    In the first half I believe it was Carrusca had a clear run on goal and was pulled down from behind just outside the box with the defender not attempting to play at the ball and only the keeper in front.  I was under the impression that is a red card any day of the week, except perhaps KGJ day?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    28 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

    There’s gonna be complaints about Gombau, and the lack of discipline certainly reflects on him if the reports of him being more chummy than Popa are true.

    But these players have been disgraceful. The amount of dumb red cards, bad decisions, terrible efforts etc. was shocking, all year. They are meant to be professionals. How can a muther****ing Socceroos let a guy get to that last goal at the back post? 

    Cejudo is soft. Simple as that. The second half when he went half-heartedly into a challenge because he wasn’t sure if the ball would get past the Reds player sums him up.

    Gombau needs to get tough or bring in either a ballbreaker assistant or some players who have pride in themselves and don’t require the stick.

    Cejudo... couldn't agree more. He's been doing that all season. Character wise... weak as p*ss. Fortunately these past few weeks we haven't had to witness the other drama queen in the team, the aptly named "Roly", doing his embarrassing writhings. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now



  • Posts

    • That’s for the information & discussion about the external lighting on the stadium. I find it a bit strange to leave it as is, perhaps the led wall is too expensive but find it odd that no cost effective solution could be found to finish it off. The whole light pollution rubbish, it would be on for games & that’s it. Not like it’s on 24 hours a day.
    • I tend to agree that the issue is incompetence on behalf of the officials rather than conscious bias (although on KGJ I’m not so sure...). However, the only thing that really gets me into conspiracy mode is the famous derby victory in which we stopped the Smurfs from going undefeated. Am I going senile, or was there an apology to Sydney FC to the effect of “the officials missed a penalty call and we’re terribly sorry you were defeated” or some such drivel ? Didn’t Annie then feel entirely justified in continuing to claim that they really were still undefeated? 
    • Touching on the youth players, how good is it to see these guys not just get a run but play well. Tate had probably his worst game last night but has been a breathe of fresh air, been absolutely outstanding. No way he shouldnt get in the team ahead of Lorente, Elrich & Risdon; Cordier, I can see why he hasn’t got a run before this game, great talent not quite ready yet; Tass has been outstanding, he should be starting over Hamil & Elrich once Ziegler returns. Also, steps into midfield & plays like a boss  ; Majok, exciting talent. I know people want to give him a chance to grow into the role but that first touch really annoys me. Especially at this level  ; Suman, he isn’t quite ready yet but head & shoulders above Nizic plus there is something up with Vedran, give him some time out of the spotlight & give this young kid s go.
  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×