• Western Sydney Wanderers vs Adelaide United 3/06/2021 7:05PM

Adelaide United vs Western Sydney Wanderers

adelaide_united_logo.png VS western_sydney_logo_star.png

Date: 03/06/21
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:35PM
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia
    Stadium: Hindmarsh Stadium

Lets call on the club for an end of season  general members meeting.

What for , they know what they have to do !!!!

8 hours ago, Smoggy said:

We will prob destroy them and win 6-0.

Have to up those numbers a bit. Needs to be a minimum of 8-0 if Brisbane lose their next two games 1-0. But then we’d need Jets to beat glory... I don’t think Jets are capable of beating their meat let alone a decent football team

5-0. We're only 7 GD behind them, and they have to lose both which pulls it back to 5 behind, but we have a better goals for which I assume is the tiebreaker so a 5-0 win would leave us level after their two (hypothetical) 1-0 losses but we'd go through on the Goals Scored tiebreaker.

Assuming of course all the other results going our way.

Right now I'm hoping for the 3 points so we have the best chance of avoiding the 9th to 12th FFA cup play-offs because can this season end already.

I'd be happy if we can knock Adelaide out of the 6 so that diving pr!#k Mauk misses out on finals footy.

I hope Tass gets another start. Natta has been exceptional this season, his only weakness as I see it, is his lack of physical presence due to his light frame. He will undoubtedly put on some muscle mass over the next few years, and then, at his current trajectory should be looking for a transfer to Europe.

I think we should be looking at Tass on the other hand as our long term centre back. He has unfortunately missed out on development this season due to Natta's rise. I suspect that if we had been in a more comfortable position on the ladder throughout the season, Tass would have got more of a run.

21 minutes ago, JustWandering said:

Yes I think I agree that Tass has more physical presence than Natta and would love to see him start again.

Brisbane could easily lost those two games. MacArthur to beat/draw with Wellington. It’s unlikely of course, but that +7 could easily be overcome with a win to us and two losses to Brisbane. Long odds, but I’ll put $5 on the games going our way and have one less beer.

25 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

You smoke the ******* good stuff!

I wonder which WSW team will show up tonight...and whether forumites will be flocking to the CR... Sackwatch Thread or elsewhere after the game?

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

The game is tomorrow night :cheeky:

You can watch Brisbane vs Perth tonight

17 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

The game is tomorrow night :cheeky:

You can watch Brisbane vs Perth tonight

It's called getting old..bless her :meep:

Just now, Smoggy said:

It's called getting old..bless her :meep:

To be fair, we'd all like to forget this game/season is happening

53 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

The game is tomorrow night :cheeky:

You can watch Brisbane vs Perth tonight

Ohhh...OK! :cheeky:

Ta!

:lol::lol:

6 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Well. Maybe I should have just had that beer?

It is all over our season, one of the worst on record,they can play the youths against Adelaide and start getting rid of the bludgers.

Actually we still want to win this one. As it happens because of the changes to FFA cup we need to finish top 8 to avoid a play off for qualification. Finishing 9th means we need to play a play off to gain entry into the FFA cup.

1 minute ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

.....and we can put Adelaide under the pump because if we win and the Nix beat Macarthur then bye bye Adelaide on GD. After the smurfs Adelaide are the team I dislike the most......pissants.

5 minutes ago, sonar said:

Actually yea channel the hate for Mauk. Do you really want that bloke celebrating????

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I also stand by my earlier comment, because we have no chance of reaching the finals we will pump Adelaide.

I expect this also.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Sydney - obvious

city - plastic club owners with dodge human rights record

Perth - fans are a bunch of tiresome tits

woooahhh they are ****. Argggh

Guest
    This is now closed for further comments

• Posts

• Well, in a few hours it will all be gone. Some people have started gathering to watch. My old man had a walk down earlier to take a look but not well enough to stay up to the small hours to see it come down. A few 11th hour attempts from local celebrities to save it, but the Tories are not budging.    Some of the art it has inspired over the years. I used to live near it and would see it every day. I also sketched it as a kid and could draw every detail now without needing a reference…
    • 230 days in lock down. 7.6 months and counting. More than ‘a few months.’ Likely going to be 9-10 months by the end of it. You would think Melbourne was the epicenter of the world for the virus, going by these figures. Unemployment issues before the pandemic, come on man, if you wanted to get a job, you could find something, yes maybe some issues around under-employment but generally people made do. Now, the WFH peeps are probably thriving as they are saving, while the ones who can’t are losing their businesses. So if mental health was already not in a good state, try adding a lockdown to it, with most people that want to speak to someone having to wait 6 months. It’s the draconian measures that is causing problems for a lot. It’s all or nothing, no in between. I had a helicopter over my house yesterday for a good 30 minutes and low. F that.
    • Took my 15 year old to Panthers for his 1st jab yesterday after the better half found an appointment on Friday for the Saturday  When we got there, we were asked what i thought to be an unusual question "Are you a walk-in or for an appointment?" And there was some activity at the desk for walk-in. Looks as though the Nepean hub has additional Pfizer doses to allow for walk-in BTW in the waiting room, i thought i saw 3 other u15s (accompanied by a parent) in the short time we were there.
  • Create New...