Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne Victory 12/08/2020 8:10PM

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne Victory

western_sydney_logo_star.png VS melbourne_victory_logo.png

Date: 12/08/20
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 8:10PM EST
    Location: Parramatta, New South Wales
    Stadium: Western Sydney Stadium

Victory will be pumped after flogging Perth.....If Schwegler starts we have a chance....if he doesn't.....we lose.

I don't see why Schwegler doesn't start. It'll be his last game for the club so what are we saving him for?

Unless JP decides the game is meaningless and just plays the youth team to give them some experience.

3 minutes ago, Davo said:

I think that he will start and probably be given the captaincy for the game as well.

One of those "If only" games. if only there was no Covid and we (and MV) had decent teams. Imagine the scene of these two teams playing each other at the new stadium for the first time with Semi final or Premiership positions on the line...imagine the atmosphere like the games between these two teams in the first few years of WSW existence before Stadium upheaval, over zealous security, mediocre squads and Covid.

....sorry - daydreaming!!!

4 hours ago, Davo said:

From what I understand, he is retiring and this will be his last ever professional football game. Criminal if they don't AT LEAST start him. Captaincy would be nice to see as well.

I would like to think both sides will go out and try and entertain...good few goals....but not holding my breath..

2 - 0 loss.

42 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

two goals for Duke will make him our top Scorer in a season I believe...

Correct, he is equal with Santa on 14 and 1 behind Riera.

If I were Duke and I was going to leave I wouldn't be playing.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

First Wanderers game that I genuinely couldn’t care less about.

May as well play rush goalie, unlimited subs / player rotation and throw some jumpers down for goal posts for all I care.

I will attend on Wednesday, of 7 of us in the group 5 have had enough and want all 7 to join Macarthur we are all South West Sydney some originally Marconi players then supporters.

WSW has offered no value and the decision making by the club over the last 3 years does not show signs of improving (Lederers comments)

8 minutes ago, Keithie said:

South West as in Liverpool/Cambelltown? I can fully understand you wanting to follow your 'local' club as far as the A League allows but where will you go if Macarthur doesn't cut the mustard? Freezing your wotsits off at Campbelltown isn't an attractive proposition when watching a losing outfit.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Should of started every game you numbnut. !!!

Well that is exciting.. more watching Georgvski put more energy into waving his arms around, than tracking his man.

I'm sure JP doesn't watch the same game we do

Edited by StringerBellend

Martin I personally am undecided as to go to Croatia MacArthur Bulls but Geez I sat freezing my butt of watching as Glory coming of a 5 - 3 loss and comprehensively beat us 3-1 and and then Perth lose 4 nil to the team running second last, enough said.

I am looking at this from 2 angles join Macarthur maybe (I live in Bossley park)  or sit at home and become a neutral and just try and enjoy the games .

I am not going to invest in Red Season tickets to have the quality of entertainment dished up now for the last 4 seasons. I would not pay to go watch a B movie at the theatre so why should a pay to watch the B actors at Wanderers that run out on the park each week, I can go watch that at Marconi stadium or at any local park on Sunday Morning.

My wife says I have to watch the blood pressure and watching Wanderers is not good for me . :acute:

22 minutes ago, Keithie said:

It's sad that you feel the way you do but you are not alone in that. 4 seasons of crap is coming home to roost. A lot of very dissatisfied and discontented WSW supporters tbh. Not good enough by the club.

2 hours ago, Keithie said:

That could be true for any team we support !!

17 hours ago, mack said:

If I were Duke and I was going to leave I wouldn't be playing.

Ah come on when you love the game and play with the amount of heart Duke does you will use any excuse to play. Pretty sure he is that bloke that if his neighbours asked to have a 5 on 5 in the street he would just come out to play.

I wouldn't risk the payday on a nothing game.

36 minutes ago, mack said:

I wouldn't risk the payday on a nothing game.

He's fit, the captain and still paid by the club. Why wouldn't he be playing. As well it's probably he's last game for us.

Edited by WHACKO

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I’ve supported Everton for 40 odd years I can handle this some of you are soft :) go talk to smoggy about pain

Pain is going to a midweek winter Tuesday night 3rd round FA Cup replay at Wimbledon in the pouring cold rain in a morris mini car. Taking 5hrs to get down there...just making kick off..hardly being able to walk after being cramped up 4 of us in a mini...getting hammered on the pitch..getting back to the car to see you have a parking ticket and getting home at 3 in the morning after regular 'you gotta stop cause i need a pIss ' breaks....that is pain..

Edited by Smoggy

40 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Sounds like a load of codswallop! Got any evidence? Sketches?

And if it is true you would have loved it!

10 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Sounds like a load of codswallop! Got any evidence? Sketches?

And if it is true you would have loved it!

It's true...and just to date stamp this with something you will know..it was the very day Take That split up...it came on the radio half way down the A1 :cry:poor Gary...

Edited by Smoggy

46 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

All I  remember about Take That is the name. Beyond that I don't know who they are or anything about them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Posts

• amazing post i completely agree, the only thing keeping me cancelling is the fact that i am a foundation member...........something that used to mean something once
    • I highly doubt it's going to be 'on the line' by the time of the election. Trump said he's going to pick a woman and it's probably going to be Amy Coney Barrett (three names, always an indicator of sociopathy). Pretty much a female Kavanaugh without the alcoholism. Catholic anti-choice, hate the poor, will rubber stamp Republicans corruption. Could be on the court for 40 years. The Dems have no way of stopping an appointment. They'd have to convince a handful of Republicans to switch sides. My guess is a couple of them get a 'free pass' to vote no, or to abstain, if it's politically expedient for re-elections, but it will be stage managed to ensure the vote still passes.
    • I think it helps Trump slightly Given Covid and Trump's personality, some nominal Republican voters may have stayed at home But now with a Supreme Court pick on the line, they may now turn up as they would believe Biden would pick someone very liberal (sigh, I wish) "I don't like remarks about the troops but a Supreme Court pick is a Supreme Court pick"
  • Create New...