Jump to content
  • Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory 19/03/2021 7:05PM


    mack
    Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory
    a_league_logo_2017.png

     

    western_sydney_logo_star.png VS perth_glory_logo.png

     

    Date: 19/03/21
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:05PM EDT
    Round: 13
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Parramatta, New South Wales
    Stadium: Western Sydney Stadium

    View full record

     


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Massive game 

    A lot working against us. 

    Perth is in form. Playing at home. Haven't beaten them in over a season. 

    To get at least a draw would be nice,  a win would be fantastic,  a loss and we're treading water. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    38 minutes ago, matty said:

    Perth is in form.

    Not recently, they have lost 2 of their last 3 games and drew the other.

    Will be in for this one after missing the very exciting game on Monday.

    Don't care how we win, would just like to see another win at home.

    Dorrans looks like he will be back. Maybe a bit of rotation, hopefully Tass might at least be on the bench. 

    If we mark Castro, Fornaroli and Kilkenny out of the game we will have a chance.

    Gotta put away the chances we get. A result here would be huge.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

    Not recently, they have lost 2 of their last 3 games and drew the other.

    Will be in for this one after missing the very exciting game on Monday.

    Don't care how we win, would just like to see another win at home.

    Dorrans looks like he will be back. Maybe a bit of rotation, hopefully Tass might at least be on the bench. 

    If we mark Castro, Fornaroli and Kilkenny out of the game we will have a chance.

    Gotta put away the chances we get. A result here would be huge.

    .We have to start the game with the best players selected, than do the changes in the second half if it need to.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    23 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

    Not recently, they have lost 2 of their last 3 games and drew the other.

    Will be in for this one after missing the very exciting game on Monday.

    Don't care how we win, would just like to see another win at home.

    Dorrans looks like he will be back. Maybe a bit of rotation, hopefully Tass might at least be on the bench. 

    If we mark Castro, Fornaroli and Kilkenny out of the game we will have a chance.

    Gotta put away the chances we get. A result here would be huge.

    Their last start they were very good. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just sitting here listening to the rain outside, Eels up tonight v Storm bound to cut up, rain heavy expected all day tomorrow, it's not going to be the best of surfaces tomorrow evening :unsure:

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Lucky it's not on Saturday. Would 100% end up getting delayed if not postponed because of heavy rain and thunderstorms to the point of a possible cancellation considering how heavy the Saturday forecast is. The Cows and the SFC matches on Saturday are in real trouble.

    Tomorrow is going to be dodgy although it will probably only be lightning that causes any delay.

    The game in Gosford got delayed for 26mm of rain with nothing the day before. The forecast tomorrow is 30mm to 50mm coming after 11mm the last two days. WSS is designed to my understanding of being able to drain a 60mm to 70mm deluge in about half an hour, but ongoing rain may complicate that. As an aside, Field 6 at the Wanderers COF in Blacktown is built to the same standard as the WSS pitch.

    There's also games in Campbelltown and Kogarah on Saturday which I think are in major doubt. Newcastle is meant to play two A-League games there on Sunday back to back and that will be an issue as well. With the W-League, there are 7 games scheduled for NSW this weekend and almost all of them are threatened by the amount of rain coming down.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, mack said:

    Lucky it's not on Saturday. Would 100% end up getting delayed if not postponed because of heavy rain and thunderstorms to the point of a possible cancellation considering how heavy the Saturday forecast is. The Cows and the SFC matches on Saturday are in real trouble.

    Tomorrow is going to be dodgy although it will probably only be lightning that causes any delay.

    The game in Gosford got delayed for 26mm of rain with nothing the day before. The forecast tomorrow is 30mm to 50mm coming after 11mm the last two days. WSS is designed to my understanding of being able to drain a 60mm to 70mm deluge in about half an hour, but ongoing rain may complicate that. As an aside, Field 6 at the Wanderers COF in Blacktown is built to the same standard as the WSS pitch.

    There's also games in Campbelltown and Kogarah on Saturday which I think are in major doubt. Newcastle is meant to play two A-League games there on Sunday back to back and that will be an issue as well. With the W-League, there are 7 games scheduled for NSW this weekend and almost all of them are threatened by the amount of rain coming down.

    That's a really good summary actually. 

    Tomorrow for Parramatta is actually 25 - 40 mm's. 

    Parramatta Forecast (bom.gov.au)

    Regardless, after tonight's game and the RL cutting the pitch up, it could be enough for cancellation.

    We'll see what happens tomorrow but this rain won't stop me from going.

     

    Edited by Wanderboy
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, mack said:

    Lucky it's not on Saturday. Would 100% end up getting delayed if not postponed because of heavy rain and thunderstorms to the point of a possible cancellation considering how heavy the Saturday forecast is. The Cows and the SFC matches on Saturday are in real trouble.

    Tomorrow is going to be dodgy although it will probably only be lightning that causes any delay.

    The game in Gosford got delayed for 26mm of rain with nothing the day before. The forecast tomorrow is 30mm to 50mm coming after 11mm the last two days. WSS is designed to my understanding of being able to drain a 60mm to 70mm deluge in about half an hour, but ongoing rain may complicate that. As an aside, Field 6 at the Wanderers COF in Blacktown is built to the same standard as the WSS pitch.

    There's also games in Campbelltown and Kogarah on Saturday which I think are in major doubt. Newcastle is meant to play two A-League games there on Sunday back to back and that will be an issue as well. With the W-League, there are 7 games scheduled for NSW this weekend and almost all of them are threatened by the amount of rain coming down.

    We wouldn't be playing Saturday as there is a game on already (NRL) Bulldogs v Panthers, I bet it still goes ahead.  What will the ground end up like after that.

    Edited by WHACKO
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Ground is getting smashed by the rain and the league. There's standing water on the away end's goal-line and the rain is getting worse.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    15 minutes ago, mack said:

    Ground is getting smashed by the rain and the league. There's standing water on the away end's goal-line and the rain is getting worse.

    It's not rugby leagues fault. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Really hoping the game goes ahead.

    3 games I was meant to watch in the stadium this season have been postponed. I then couldn't go to the rescheduled times because they play them on weekdays which is extremely frustrating.

    I've been to most away games in NSW this season but only 2 home games (both losses) due to the dates and times some of these game have been scheduled to.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    23 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

    It's not rugby leagues fault. 

    Yep. It's what happens when you don't have your own ground. Just how it is when two different codes have to use the same ground. Tbh it's a good reason to have a summer comp......it's just us using it. ( usually ).

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 minutes ago, sonar said:

    Yep. It's what happens when you don't have your own ground. Just how it is when two different codes have to use the same ground. Tbh it's a good reason to have a summer comp......it's just us using it. ( usually ).

    This is why as good as Parramatta was, that I thought WSW would be better off building a stadium and club at the Fairfield Showground.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    19 minutes ago, mack said:

    This is why as good as Parramatta was, that I thought WSW would be better off building a stadium and club at the Fairfield Showground.

    Either that or done a deal with Blacktown Council and built it on land where the academy and training facilities are. GWH,M7,M4 access. Comes back to money to do it really.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, mack said:

    Ground is getting smashed by the rain and the league. There's standing water on the away end's goal-line and the rain is getting worse.

    Might actually help us a little bit if its slippery and boggy. Perth relies heavily on fast movement across the ground and some pretty precise passing. A bog isnt a great place for that. Hitting some big units up front with good crosses might work if we can get some defensive mistakes in the rain. Also Russel should have a great time against Dane Ingham if they come out in a 4 back line again. He's be proper **** this season

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

    No pub nearby 

    Nothing a dedicated fan clubhouse connected to it wouldn't fix.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Ins & Outs announced:

    No mention of Georgievski, Grozos, Cancar or Ziegler

    Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 2.Ziggy GORDON, 4.Dylan MCGOWAN, 6.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 7.Bruce KAMAU, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Bernie IBINI, 10.Simon COX, 11.Kwame YEBOAH, 12.Mitchell DUKE, 13.Tate RUSSELL, 14.James TROISI, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 18.Graham DORRANS, 19.Jordon MUTCH, 27.Nicolai MULLER, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 30.Daniel MARGUSH (GK), 33.Mark NATTA, 39.Thomas AQUILINA, 40.Noah JAMES (GK).

    Ins: 6.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS (promoted), 18.Graham DORRANS (returns from injury)
    Outs: N/A
    Unavailable: 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (long term injury)

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

    Need someone to stop Kilkenny and the midfield thrust from violets will crumble

    Kilkenny has that whole mid and front 3 on a string. Castro is he executor. Kill the distribution, you kill the front line

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    32 minutes ago, hughsey said:

    Punch him in the mouth and he’ll need to go off to sort out his braces. That usually stopped me from playing when I had them lol

    Wouldn't be a problem if we were CCM. Simon could physically assault him in the pregame and he'd only end up with a yellow

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, Upthehill said:

    Wouldn't be a problem if we were CCM. Simon could physically assault him in the pregame and he'd only end up with a yellow

    Only after he had done it a few times.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Lineup: Wilmering, Margush, Gordon, McGowan, Natta, Russell, Baccus, Dorrans, Troisi, Ibini, Duke

    Bench: Kamau, Cox, Yeboah, Mutch, Muller, Aquilina, James

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...