Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory 24/02/2019 7:00PM

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory

western_sydney_logo_star.png VS perth_glory_logo.png

Date: 24/02/19
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:00PM EDT
    Location: Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney
    Stadium: Sydney Showground

We owe Perth......3-2....... WSW....Bridge to come on as a sub and score added time winner............although if KGJ is VAR who knows what will happen.

Edited by sonar

Last game at spotless🍾🍾🍾🥂🥂🥂🎉🎉🎉🎆🎆🎆🎈🎈🎈🎵🎵🎵

15 minutes ago, tardotz said:

Last game at spotless🍾🍾🍾🥂🥂🥂🎉🎉🎉🎆🎆🎆🎈🎈🎈🎵🎵🎵

I am planning on blocking the bogs with an extra big turd to mark the occasion.

Going for a 2 - 2 draw, I hate Sunday night games.

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I am planning on blocking the bogs with an extra big turd to mark the occasion.

Going for a 2 - 2 draw, I hate Sunday night games.

It would be a fitting tribute

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

It would be a fitting tribute

Well I thought so...

Sh1t venue

Sh1t timeslot

Sh1t  season

Roll on Parra2.0

Edited by beatsurrender

The club's "art work" has **** you Popa written all over it. https://twitter.com/wswanderersfc/status/1098462320865484800/photo/1

Going by the pre-match interviews, club, coach, and players seem to be taking this game very serious.

MB: "We want to hurt them. We want to show them a fight. This is what I want to see on the pitch: a team who is fighting for the points, who is giving everything."

Elrich: "It’s a massive game for us. Of all the losses we’ve had in the last few minutes, [the 3:4] hurt us the most. It’s still fresh in the mind, it wasn’t that long ago."

Oriol: "For us it’s a massive game. Winning three points we have to get just trying to get our best level on the field."

Let's see if words will translate into action. Bring it on, boys!

On 22/02/2019 at 6:58 PM, Smoggy said:

I am planning on blocking the bogs with an extra big turd to mark the occasion.

Going for a 2 - 2 draw, I hate Sunday night games.

Gallop was there a fortnight back.

From the RBB Facebook page

WSW vs PERTH MATCH DETAILS

Following on from our last home game, a decision to remain present but NOT active for the remainder of home games at Sydney Olympic Park has been made.

This includes consultation from various personnel within the rbb and public comments and outcry. Some reasons are, though not limited to:

- Continuing over policing and security at SOP despite dismal crowds and zero incidents.
    - Both FFA bans & Stadium bans still not being addressed or looked at.
    - "The new stadium" will fix everything approach by WSW management, when a deal isn't even in place yet.

We would like to place an emphasis that this action is not directed towards the players, but rather the club & management. We will still be active on away trips and will still be in the stadiums.

As Les Murray once said the club must "engage them from the start and treat them with respect - as supporters not customers - is crucial"

For the last ever game at SoP i feel some kind of goodbye banner wouls be appropriate...what that say i dont know...

13 hours ago, DamnedUnited said:

Everyone's pumped except Active.....and the rest....

RBB missing the opportunity to tell spotless to **** off?

13 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

What aboutTHE ONLY SPOT LESS LIKED IS FFA HQ.

There will be no Active support for the remainder of this season in Sydney. The RBB will be present but not Active. The reason has finally been put on RBB FB. Active will be Away Gosford & Newcastle. Otherwise silent derbies v MV & SFC.

Hard to argue with anything in that RBB statement.

**** I hate SOP. Never again. stick to grand finals, big bash and state of origin. if we end up with derbies there next year - I'll be skipping them.

The huge question overshadowing this game - is King Jaush available? He is not listed on ins/outs lists. I am clearly stating the obvious when I say that the answer to that question will determine the outcome of the game. :xnod:

45 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Being worked on. If we get it thru it will to the left of the commentary box

20 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

Hard to argue with anything in that RBB statement.

The Five Dock Neymar Fan Club demands to know

surely the RBB protest and sotirios absences aren’t just coincidence

Justice!

19 minutes ago, alexd said:

Being worked on. If we get it thru it will to the left of the commentary box

Good news...another for final game at ANZ or reuse todays...lookinf forward to seeing it anyway.

I respect the RBB & appreciate what they’ve done for the Club but it seems a little self indulgent IMO.

4 minutes ago, Bellby said:

I disagree.

I know the RBB don't speak for all fans, but you name me one fan who likes SOP?

Most fans make up the silent majority. The RBB has a voice and chooses to make it public. On this issue, I'm happy for them to speak on my behalf.

Edited by Wanderboy

6 minutes ago, Bellby said:

Walk a mile in their shoes and see how you feel.

3 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I disagree.

I know the RBB don not speak for all fans, but you name me one fan who likes SOP?

Always willing to engage with appropriate criticism of the RBB when they have pulled the wrong lever, but zero probs whatsoever with the statement. Been in and out of active, seen the good and the bad, and for all their faults they are still an asset to the club which (like the rest of us) has been let down too often.

7 minutes ago, Bellby said:

I assume one of the things you appreciate is the culture they created that had us as undeniably one of the top 2 clubs in terms of atmosphere and supporters?

The reasons they give on their Facebooo page are not fabricated. Any attempt to create that atmosphere ends in ridiculous bans, and also in us looking like the bloody Melburnians, or whatever they call themselves now.

I’ve stood there over the last couple of years, trying to sing, feeling like an idiot because you know we’re coming across like the other lame “active” groups.

Better to protest the **** attitude towards the RBB than have us continue to fall into the mediocrity of the rest of the A-League.

7 minutes ago, Bellby said:

Yeah I kinda agree.

I don’t see what this will achieve except more negativity leading into our next season which will be a disappointing way to start in our new stadium.  I thought there was good momentum building up to this game and now the bubble is burst.

On the other hand, the RBB can do whatever they like, that’s their perogative.

39 minutes ago, DamnedUnited said:

The RBB is not beholden to anyone and answerable to it's various sub groups so the accusation of self interest isn't new but nonetheless misplaced. The club attempts at creating neutered performing puppets as a marketing tool are well documented. If the club is left with mediocrity on the pitch and silence in the stands then it may want to reconsider the "match day experience" it delivers at Fortress Parramatta. This is the other side of the Zero Tolerance stick. Let's see how the dark side of the moon looks. In the meantime Gosford and Newcastle away will be a treat.

well said.

the 'dance monkey dance' approach to active support by the ffa, the club and quite frankly a significant section of the club's own fans has depleted both numbers and enthusiasm.

I am out of the loop now having moved away for work but I can say that I was fed up with all of the things that are listed in the RBB statement (plus a few more!) and fully support the attend but not active decision.

the treatment of active fans in the a-league is appalling - I don't think there is any way to argue otherwise.

Guest
    This is now closed for further comments

• Posts

• Ratings are powerful but it’s not about ratings, it’s about subscribers. The issue for Foxtel is that they are losing subs, it will be all about making sure they have the content to hem the flow.
    • A fine balance, if top 6 is the goal then we have more leeway. If we want to be challenging for the title then okay isn’t good enough. So many times it was only small margins (one error or two) between coming 3-6 to first or coming 8 or finishing in the 6.
    • The PFA is a powerful organization in Australian football. On one hand the players deserved to be paid a fair wage, especially for squad players who need to be full time. The last bargaining agreement saw a significant increase in wages & a large portion of the TV deal. On the other hand the the large increase in wages is going to the same players & the squad size remains the same. The minimum salary inflates the value these players & the overall cap. All this whilst the FFA have had to make significant cuts to programs & services in order to make a deal between the states & clubs on the best way to share the broadcast revenues. With the value of the A-League tv deal severely over inflated, the next deal looking at being significantly lower & the league struggling which can’t be good for the clubs. Will be interesting to see where it all goes from here. It’s a fine balance, between what’s fair/right & the commercial reality of the situation.
  • Upcoming Events