Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory 4/08/2020 7:30PM


    mack
    Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory
    a_league_logo_2017.png

     

    western_sydney_logo_star.png VS perth_glory_logo.png

     

    Date: 04/08/20
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:30PM EST
    Round: 26
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Parramatta, New South Wales
    Stadium: Western Sydney Stadium

    View full record

     

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Tuesday night football. Nice. Would be good to see Popovic lose (still bitter).

    More importantly, I think I’ll accompany this game with baked barramundi and vegetables, as well as a nice glass of red. Anyone else have any game-night dinner plans?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 hours ago, Generator said:

    Tuesday night football. Nice. Would be good to see Popovic lose (still bitter).

    More importantly, I think I’ll accompany this game with baked barramundi and vegetables, as well as a nice glass of red. Anyone else have any game-night dinner plans?

    Pub in parra pregame food was ace 

    assuming the NSW vid numbers are still  ok 

    Edited by StringerBellend

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Couldn't make Nix but in for this one, Perth seem homesick atm, goes without saying need these 3 points to to tap WU on shoulder, hope Pirmin in at start to boss midfield, get in front against Glory and hopefully they'll lose a bit of fight, but that didn't  happen with Adelaide the other just highlights the fact got to keep Fornaroli in check.

    going to miss Mueller though.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    22 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

    Couldn't make Nix but in for this one, Perth seem homesick atm, goes without saying need these 3 points to to tap WU on shoulder, hope Pirmin in at start to boss midfield, get in front against Glory and hopefully they'll lose a bit of fight, but that didn't  happen with Adelaide the other just highlights the fact got to keep Fornaroli in check.

    going to miss Mueller though.

    They have lost a few of their better players Castro, the centre back etc. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    46 minutes ago, Keithie said:

    Hopefully Sullivan could fit in to Mueller's role 

    I'd say Yeboah or Duke will play as AM, and then Sullivan and Schwegler will play midfield.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Ins: 16.Mathieu CORDIER (promoted), 23.Kosta GROZOS (promoted), 28.Fabian MONGE (promoted)
    Outs: 9.Nicolai MULLER (concussion)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Oh sh****

    Referee: Kurt Ams :help:

    Assistant Referee 1: Kearney Robinson

    Assistant Referee 2: Brad Wright

    Fourth Official: Katie Patterson

    Perth Glory squad: 2.Alex GRANT, 3.Jacob TRATT, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 8.James MEREDITH, 9.Bruno FORNAROLI, 13.Osama MALIK, 18.Nick D'AGOSTINO, 20.Jake BRIMMER, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Vince LIA, 23.Dane INGHAM, 25.Carlo ARMIENTO, 27.JUANDE, 28.Gabriel POPOVIC, 29.Kristian POPOVIC, 33.Liam REDDY (gk), 50.Daniel MARGUSH (gk), 88.Neil KILKENNY (C)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    43 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

    Oh sh****

    Referee: Kurt Ams :help:

    Assistant Referee 1: Kearney Robinson

    Assistant Referee 2: Brad Wright

    Fourth Official: Katie Patterson

    Perth Glory squad: 2.Alex GRANT, 3.Jacob TRATT, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 8.James MEREDITH, 9.Bruno FORNAROLI, 13.Osama MALIK, 18.Nick D'AGOSTINO, 20.Jake BRIMMER, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Vince LIA, 23.Dane INGHAM, 25.Carlo ARMIENTO, 27.JUANDE, 28.Gabriel POPOVIC, 29.Kristian POPOVIC, 33.Liam REDDY (gk), 50.Daniel MARGUSH (gk), 88.Neil KILKENNY (C)

    That's a pretty average looking squad, Fornaroli aside (and he's not what he was) 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Big game. Based on remaining games if we are looking to make the 6 it's going to be Perth or Adelaide that get knocked out of the 6 and this is the only one we can influence.

    We will be in 6 on Friday if we win our 2 this week. Perth will play on Saturday to try reclaim their spot.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

    I'd say Yeboah or Duke will play as AM, and then Sullivan and Schwegler will play midfield.

    I sure hope not, neither of those two would do too well in AM

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    45 minutes ago, Keithie said:

    I would like to see a bit more aggression in midfield I would bring Sullivan on in place of Doherty 

    I agree, Doherty lot

     of running like a chook with head cut off

    27 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

    I think you mean Muller.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

    I sure hope not, neither of those two would do too well in AM

    Well both of them have played AM a few times this season, and it looked like Duke slid into AM with Yeboah and Cox up top against Nix.

    Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Sounds like we are using the same lineup but with Yeboah in AM according to SMH and JP.

    However the SMH previously said Tass would likely start against Mariners so who knows.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Sullivan has been the best of the young players to slot in at 10 for us before. Very surprising that he hasn't had a run since the restart, given 5 subs are allowed. Has he signed for someone else or something? Also wondering about squad rotation with the short backup against WU this Friday.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, JustWandering said:

    Sullivan has been the best of the young players to slot in at 10 for us before. Very surprising that he hasn't had a run since the restart, given 5 subs are allowed. Has he signed for someone else or something? Also wondering about squad rotation with the short backup against WU this Friday.

    He has come back from an injury he received two weeks before season restart.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

    Sounds like we are using the same lineup but with Yeboah in AM according to SMH and JP.

    However the SMH previously said Tass would likely start against Mariners so who knows.

    JP isn't going to give away free info to Perth. If he puts out a different lineup he was bluffing, if he puts out same lineup he was double bluffing :ninja:

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Anyone making it to the game tomorrow? Turns out ticket was free - you know what they say about Westies and free stuff

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    So 3 players definitely gone from the team that last at Bankwest: Castro, Kim and Wuthrich. Plus Ikonomedis still out injured.

    Rumours around that Chianese and Mrcela have been dropped.

    They do have a joker in the pack in Thomas James signed from Wollongong Wolves as one of the best strikers in NSW NPL1. He hasn't been named but we all know what Popa is like with team lists

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Going to be a beautiful evening for football, can't wait now getting excited for work to finish, Perth no pushovers but i hope we are pumped for this, top 6 is achievable.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Would have thought Tass for Ziegler. Ziegler hasn't really had a good restart and Jurman a bit suspect as well.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I reckon most teams defenders have been suspect since the resumption and I reckon most Referees have been suspect since the resumption

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Guest
    This is now closed for further comments



  • Posts

    • insipid , lack of intestinal fortitude , absolutely hopeless, not interested in being there ,  Does all or any of the above sum up last night, That was one of the worst performances I have witnessed by the wanderers ,  cant say any more other than why did we change coaches mid year cause nothing else has changed    While I am moaning and groaning in frustration ,  What the hell is this about not being able to re sign players (not sure we want any of them) or new players because we don't know the salary cap. Sydney FC has agreed contracts for next years team based on current salary cap. Croatia Bulls are spending money like there is not tomorrow. While we sit on our hands for EEFS sake.   End of rant              
    • That alone should have spurred them on in the final game at home to Barnsley when 3 points would have sent them up. I watched that game live. They totally choked and Barnsley's fight to stay up was greater than their wish to go up. Perhaps they were unfortunate in that they had to play a team in the last game with everything to play for...but they should have finished the job...they were dreadful.
×
×
  • Create New...