Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC 26/10/2019 7:30PM


    mack
    Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC
    a_league_logo_2017.png

     

    western_sydney_logo_star.png VS sydney_fc_logo.png

     

    Date: 26/10/19
    Sydney Kick-Off Time: 7:30PM EDT
    Round: 3
    Competition: A-League Regular Season
    Location: Parramatta, New South Wales
    Stadium: Western Sydney Stadium

    View full record

     

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    overall we have looked better than sydney fc so far imo, i mean our first match was pretty crap but match against victory we were so much better

     

    but i am never confident about derbies :P

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, sasam said:

    Jumped online to buy a single for a friend who is coming - planned of using one of our groups free tickets but all will be present .

    managed to get the seat a row in front of me.

    PAX 23636

    My PAX was 10,000 a week ago so not sure how that works because my tickets cant have included members but surely your PAX does?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

    My PAX was 10,000 a week ago so not sure how that works because my tickets cant have included members but surely your PAX does?

    Ah PAX! Has anyone definitively figured out what it means hahaha .

    i did notice a significant spike in our memberships this week . Also , I assume the tickets which were being held for further membership purchases were released for sale .

    Also had a quick look at previous Corp tickets and they did not include a PAX.. so I said their are circa 2300 tickets left .... if the pax is correct .. 30k-4K - pax 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Big game for the boys. A loss won't be a catastrophe but there has to come a time when we start beating these guys, not just drawing. I was at ANZ the last time we won.....seems like a lifetime ago. Hope the boys fire up and get a win. Imho this is one of our best teams on paper for a long long time. ESFC are vulnerable......have some lazy players in defence. Time for the boys to step up.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Nervous as buggery, very hopeful but at the same time there's the pessimism of knowing how in past seasons we've had dumb football moments, VAR, refs or just bad luck screw us.

    I think we can win and believe we have the better team in terms of how we have coalesced, thanks in no small part to the combo of quality imports & a cadre of improving youngsters. Also, and this needs to be considered, hardly any of our current team has the history of losing to the smurfs in derbies. They should be free of the mental burden some of our past players had.

    Oh, and we're back at home in our Wanderland, where we will be a sea of red & black. It's a big ask, but we can do it.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Easts have not played well but they are still clincal. I have lost count how many times we have dominated these guys on the park but were unable to score or put them away. I do expect us to have the advantage when we have the ball Brattan does not run and hack as much as Brilliante. But having them this early may play to our advantage as it did last week against Victory, but we have to put our chances away.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

    Easts have not played well but they are still clincal. I have lost count how many times we have dominated these guys on the park but were unable to score or put them away. I do expect us to have the advantage when we have the ball Brattan does not run and hack as much as Brilliante. But having them this early may play to our advantage as it did last week against Victory, but we have to put our chances away.

    Did you mean 'track' or 'hack' because I like what you did there?  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    SFC haven't been the best so far this season (only 2 rounds in though), but still found a way to win. Similar to us.

    We're both vulnerable with room for improvement. Nix didn't take their chances and were punished for it. We need to take our chances and snuff any half chance they create.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

    Did you mean 'track' or 'hack' because I like what you did there?  

    I think you know what I mean  :cheeky:

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    It's going to be a full house, let's see if the boys can do their bit to light it up.

    MB didn't like the slow start against VIC, and he saw tactical errors towards the end of the game. Getting these things right and keeping the error rate low is key - give the Smurfs half a chance and they score.

    Six months ago we played them with Snake, Kamau, Hamill, Elrich, Llorente, Baccus (GG), Mahazi, Duke, ABJ (Bridge), Roly, Riera (Majok). We had a good game, and had Majok been more clinical towards the end...

    The only survivors at our end are Baccus and Duke. Add Lopar, Georgievski, Dylan Mc, Jurman Schwegler, Yeboah, AMFG, and a totally different picture emerges.

    At the very least we'll give the Smurfs a good game. The rest is in the hands of the football gods.

     

     

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, FCB said:

    It's going to be a full house, let's see if the boys can do their bit to light it up.

    MB didn't like the slow start against VIC, and he saw tactical errors towards the end of the game. Getting these things right and keeping the error rate low is key - give the Smurfs half a chance and they score.

    Six months ago we played them with Snake, Kamau, Hamill, Elrich, Llorente, Baccus (GG), Mahazi, Duke, ABJ (Bridge), Roly, Riera (Majok). We had a good game, and had Majok been more clinical towards the end...

    The only survivors at our end are Baccus and Duke. Add Lopar, Georgievski, Dylan Mc, Jurman Schwegler, Yeboah, AMFG, and a totally different picture emerges.

    At the very least we'll give the Smurfs a good game. The rest is in the hands of the football gods.

     

    I see what you did there....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, Erebus said:

    I see what you did there....

    Hahaha. Can't get away with anything here. AMFG is hard to contain over 90 minutes. He is the kind of player who can force a result, and yes, I am half hoping/half expecting that he'll make the difference.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    19 minutes ago, FCB said:

    It's going to be a full house, let's see if the boys can do their bit to light it up.

    MB didn't like the slow start against VIC, and he saw tactical errors towards the end of the game. Getting these things right and keeping the error rate low is key - give the Smurfs half a chance and they score.

    Six months ago we played them with Snake, Kamau, Hamill, Elrich, Llorente, Baccus (GG), Mahazi, Duke, ABJ (Bridge), Roly, Riera (Majok). We had a good game, and had Majok been more clinical towards the end...

    The only survivors at our end are Baccus and Duke. Add Lopar, Georgievski, Dylan Mc, Jurman Schwegler, Yeboah, AMFG, and a totally different picture emerges.

    At the very least we'll give the Smurfs a good game. The rest is in the hands of the football gods.

     

     

     

     

    And don't we have one of them.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Was reading the ABJ thread and his antagonistic, patronising comments towards us.  The interesting thing is that there would only be 2-3 players on the park who played with him last year.  No-one else will know him or understand his puerile, egotistic manner - or care. 

    He definitely has skill but only on his terms and when he wants.  They will probably target our left side (if Wilmering) as they did last week with the young Nix player.  Grant will be a handful and make ABJ look much better.  We have to take him down a few times early on - ABJ, that is (although taking Grant out wouldn't hurt either).

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

    Was reading the ABJ thread and his antagonistic, patronising comments towards us.  The interesting thing is that there would only be 2-3 players on the park who played with him last year.  No-one else will know him or understand his puerile, egotistic manner - or care. 

    The crowd will I hope.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Guest
    This is now closed for further comments



  • Posts

    • Hmm. Rave reviews from those in the media who believe Thugby League is the world's number one sport. I watched the ladt 20 minutes of the K-league match between Incheon and Pohang Steelers. That what we need to evaluate, especially on the pitch with pinpoint passes and, yes a little crowd noise. When they away team got a corner, you could hear the unhappy crowd but the home team were attacking, the happy crowd noise. The A-league won't need to ramp up the noise for Sydney Derbies as they are complete with 2 wins to us and a draw. I found that one of our contractors at work is a mature Smurf supporter (not one of the scum that belong to the Cove), so I asked him if his team had beaten us this season. I didn't get much of a comeback.
    • Another reason not to trust Scumbo Coalition gave private pathology companies lucrative Covid contracts https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jun/01/coalition-gave-private-pathology-companies-lucrative-covid-contracts?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
    • It seems to be getting rave reviews, from what I understand. PS From the little I've seen/heard of it, the subtle crowd audio is a good thing. Phoney...yes, but it works.
×
×
  • Create New...